Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, the local aliens deserted the city because they were running short on minerals?

That might be so.

Scientist Enkuush has completed research on the third level of that alien tech-tree that we discovered in a research lab on El Dorado, Advanced Lasers. Possibly we can turn this into an effective mid-range PD weapon at some point.

We have found ANOTHER abandoned research lab, and another free tech: Enhanced Radiation Warheads for missiles. This is a planetary bombardment tech, only useful against living opponents (and it makes a mess of the world).

EDIT: A comparison between the Advanced and normal Lasers at similar calibres shows that Advanced Lasers give +20% damage and +20% range, for the same size.

Scientist Ciryandor has joined our research team. Admin 3, Missiles/Kinetic Energy Weapons +20%, Motivated, Results-oriented, Self-confident.

Estel Ciryandor, for a proper first and last name :D

Found seventeen 20-cm Railgun ship components on El Dorado. Two more robot attacks. Another terraforming installation and another free terraforming tech. I simply MUST find shipping space to move those Martian terraforming stations to Dravar XV.

Found seventeen 20-cm Railgun ship components on El Dorado. Two more robot attacks. Another terraforming installation and another free terraforming tech. I simply MUST find shipping space to move those Martian terraforming stations to Dravar XV.
You can't launch a mass driver to a jump point and have it change systems, can you ?

Another terraforming station dug up on El Dorado, as well as an Ordinance Factory, a Fighter Factory, an Automated Mine and some more fuel. We are now averaging nearly one find per day in the abandoned city, and only a bit more than 1000 sites remain to be exhumed. Another three or four years should see the end of the project.

EDIT: Our 80th Streak Fighter leaves the factories... only a few hundred more to go.

Last edited:
and then may we please go on the offensive and defeat these pesky robots?

We will be launching a general offensive against the treacherous Prix as soon as the Battle-II class Heavy Cruisers come out from refit. The Battle-IIs are required to jump our Mountain-II class Carriers in-and-out of enemy systems, since the Carriers themselves carry no jump drives, in order to maximize their hangar and magazine capacity.

I have pulled some freighters off the El Dorado - Draco - (Nexus) - (Ross 248) - Sol run in order to start shipping terraforming installations from Mars to Dravar XV.

New alien race encountered in the Gliese 390 system. Our scout will leave this one to the Diplomats.

G065_Game.jpg

Ugly buggers, aren't they?

This is one of the new scouts, so I spotted the planet from several AU away... much too far to see any ships. The EM signature of the planet indicates a tech level similar to ours, though.

Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Quift thinks they're cute... I should send him to negotiate with them.

Another research lab found on El Dorado, and another free tech: Thrust reduction 10%

(Isn't that Haitis flag? xD)

Belize. We have encountered a bunch of Belizian Lizards... Belizards!

EDIT:

Contact established. The race identifies themselves as the Remagen Protectorate. I think Belizards is more appropriate, though.

Last edited:
So the Belizards have tech similar to ours... The Charlies are more advanced, the Seals and the Chix are less advanced... the Belizards are our only open threat at this time. Let's hope diplomacy goes well.