Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
maybe someone else got him

Hmm. If the Prix ship doesn´t engage soon, and if it is still around the core of the system, there could be a risk that the whole decoy maneuver will fail and the Prix will go for the main fleet first instead.

I just had a time-increment interrupted. I suspect that action is immanent.

What on Earth was that 40.000 ton-wreck? And what destroyed it? :eek:

Anything that big is probably a Civilian vessel... a Freighter, a Colony Ship, a Salvager sent here to dismantle the wrecks... something of that nature.

I hope.

It's a trap?

What's the plan if you get all the way to the graveyard? Switch all sensors on and hope that either they notice the fireworks, or that one of the better active sensors spots him?

Edit: Time increment interrupted = trap likely. Action stations all hands, prepare to counter possible incoming missile salvo.

It's a trap?

Inscrutable Prix cunning, quite possibly. This recent turn-interrupt makes it seem like he's just now spotted me, though. We are now 64 million km (one set of way-points) short of the scout-ship's wreck.

EDIT:

Just had a second time-increment interrupted. That's two in a row. We've definitely been spotted. Good. It saves us the trouble of searching for him.

Does it seem likely that the Prix ship wasn't at the wreck of the survey ship, but rather it had stopped just within missile range of Guillaume's grave? That would explain it being a bit further than the wreck, and it makes sense really.

The scientific community is all with you Dear Blue Leader,

wishing our skillful researches and brainstorming will bring destruction to the hated Prix-head !

Last edited:
Contact.

Good news and bad news.

Good news: We've found the Prix, and he showed up exactly on the bearing that we're set up to fight on... he's approaching from dead ahead. Our formation won't require any last second adjustments.

Bad news: It's not the same ship as before. That's not good. It means that there are at least two Prix ships left in this system, and since they often operate in pairs, and one Prix wreck is visible, it's entirely possible that there are three of them. This could get tense.

He's a big sucker, too... Thermal sig 2750. Range 48 m-km.

I wonder if I should flip on all my active sensors... it's entirely possible that at least one salvo of missiles is already in flight.

time to start falling back in case he has more than 1 buddy who may NOT have spotted us yet?

I say trust in the plan. It should be targeting one or both of the rocks, not the fleet proper, just as we intended. Wait until our own fish are in the water before giving away our true capability.

The only worrying part is the missing Prix ship. It may still be a trap, because if I was confident of victory my first priority would be cutting off escape to allow complete annihilation of my opponent.

Edit: @Avernite: Since sensor info is shared, all Prix ships in the system are probably making a course for our position.

Heading straight for us. Speed 9614 km/s. That doesn't sound much like a commercial ship. Range 48 m-km... still three times too far away for our missiles, but well within our Fighters out-and-back attack radius (300 m-km). I think I ought to launch Fighters... he's not likely to see them at that range (Thermal signature 36) and I'd hate to get bounced with the Fighters still aboard.

Sounds like a good plan. If there´s more of them the best action would probably be to take the first one out before more ships arrives.

Scramble fighters!

starfury.jpg

Scramble the fighters.

We shall avenge our fallen!