• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How many INF divisions you are currently building? Or even better, post a SS of your production tab.
I wanted to write a general inventory for January 1st, 1940, but so be it!

Without blocking upgrades, it worked for me.
I...was...always...blocking...unwanted...upgrades. Shame on me :(

In DH, reinforcing increases upgrade progress.
Thank you guys, both of you.

M2PuTTy.jpg

tROTnDN.jpg

Last edited:
You don't attach brigades to you infantry divisions?

Wow that´s a ton of INF indeed heh. Curious about the brigades as well.

And again, pity that despite all the fancy divisions the mod gives, the best path still is building a crapton of armor and a crapton of INF :(

I think brigades are not very important for infantry in "Blitzkrieg" strategies : They are just needed to lock defenders armies in their positions while mobile units breaktrought.
That's why mobile artillery brigades seems more relevant cause they make panzers and motorized infantry way more powerfull.

In this AAR, Lucifer said he won't use special units.

Those units (Waffen SS Infantry, Panzers and mecanized) are not as good in power than regular ones, but their speed is higher. So I don't realy know if they are worth it cause of their price and gearing bonus.

There is Always the cool factor :)

The motorized SS pack quite a punch. They have 3 extra soft attack, through they are quite expensive in total IC cost.

Those units (Waffen SS Infantry, Panzers and mecanized) are not as good in power than regular ones, but their speed is higher. So I don't realy know if they are worth it cause of their price and gearing bonus.

He won't use them, or just that he won't abuse them? I want to see what they look like!

You don't attach brigades to you infantry divisions?
I have built most of the brigades that I will need before (12 POL, 12 ENG, 32 ART, 5 AA). The ones that I will need later, I still don't have the technology. (and I can't produce everything)

Wow that´s a ton of INF indeed heh. Curious about the brigades as well.
And again, pity that despite all the fancy divisions the mod gives, the best path still is building a crapton of armor and a crapton of INF :(
I have to disagree. At the beginning of Barbarossa, it was something like 120 German divisions of a total of 166. I had to check thoroughly through my production, and here is what I should have in June 41 [ current (+what will have been produced in June 41) ]
INF 99(+20) / CAV 3 / MOT 9 / LArm 7(+2) / PAR 4 / MAR 2 /MTN 6 / GAR 12(+15) / HQ 6 MIL 3, hence a total of 151+37=188 divisions.
Remove the units that I will need from Norway to France, the garrisons in the Balkans and the Afrika Korps and I think that we can safely subtract 25-30 divisions. Regarding the quality, the Heer aligned all the PzDs numbered from 1 to 20, except for the 2nd, 5th, 9th and 15th, hence a total of 16 PzDs.
Conclusion: I will be actually VERY close to the original German OOB for Barbarossa, at least in quantity, but with 50% less armored divisions.

I think brigades are not very important for infantry in "Blitzkrieg" strategies : They are just needed to lock defenders armies in their positions while mobile units breaktrought.
That's why mobile artillery brigades seems more relevant cause they make panzers and motorized infantry way more powerful.
That is more or less my reasoning. I will use INF+Art to lock the enemy front line, while reducing my own casualties because of the extra punch added by the brigades.

There is Always the cool factor :)
I can't agree more. That is why I like BB, SHBB, and un-German type of units like MARs.

He won't use them, or just that he won't abuse them? I want to see what they look like!
You wont see them in this AAR. Fernando removed them from this version of WiF2 and the all-in-one mod was untested when I started the AAR. I didn't want to take any extra chance.

aTig0ji.jpg

Last edited:
Quite meh event. Lol Cavalry :) and besides you aren´t even building MOT :)

The best random ones to get are those in the airplane tree, as airplanes are so time-consuming to research... industry ones like Assembly line also rock. Speaking of which, wouldn´t it be better to have a minister that reduces IND research than Schalcht?

Considering that 88m actually REQUIRE a long setup to fire... expecting them, in the current combat model (attack = move), to not impact speed is a bit silly, and it´s good the mod reflects this. The 88 was used defensively, either in static defense or to stop conter-atttack, not offensively. It´s not like a tank which can move, stop, fire and immediatedly move again.

Last edited:
@ Lucifer

If you don't mind, I plan to do my AAR/tuto in the AF website and I will be strongly inspirated by your style. For exemple, it will be report sheet from "Völkisher Beobachter" and "Die Wehrmacht". In details, it will be quiet different (languages, I will use a lot of german sentences and their french translation, on the storytelling and in gameplay choices).
Can I have your formal autorisation to realize this project?
Thank you in advance!

@ Lucifer
If you don't mind, I plan to do my AAR/tuto in the AF website and I will be strongly inspirated by your style. For exemple, it will be report sheet from "Völkisher Beobachter" and "Die Wehrmacht". In details, it will be quiet different (languages, I will use a lot of german sentences and their french translation, on the storytelling and in gameplay choices).
Can I have your formal autorisation to realize this project?
Thank you in advance!
Thank you for asking, but there was truly no need for that. I am glad that you find this style inspiring, but it is only that, a style :) When you will have started, please send me the link as I will be interested to follow it. If you need the templates, send me you e-mail address please. Will you use Photoshop? If yes, do you know how to create 'actions' (to automate some repetitive actions)?

hGmYDQz.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for asking, but there was truly no need for that. I am glad that you find this style inspiring, but it is only that, a style :) When you will have started, please send me the link as I will be interested to follow it. If you need the templates, send me you e-mail address please. Will you use Photoshop? If yes, do you know how to create 'actions' (to automate some repetitive actions)?

Of course I will ^^ I don't espect something as good as you actualy do, but I'll do my best!
I'll use photoshop, but my skills are a bit rusty since I used to work with it so long ago. So I don't know how to create "actions" and every tip will be very welcome.
I'll send you my mail by mp :)

Thanks a lot!

It's funny how the Finnish government changes to a less democratic one after the winter war in the game because that never happened irl :D Finland just became more friendly towards Germany because of all the weapon shipments and economic help they offered.

About Air Wings - considering the AI has a certain fetish for doom stacks why not Promote some guy to Air Marshall and make allied wings be intercepted by 12 INT doomstacks?

About doom stacks, funny thing that happened in my UK game. Sometimes, I got massive convoy losses. Like, 27000 ton in one attack. When I sent a fleet to "investigate", surprise surprise - Uboat doomstack. How big you ask?

10?

20?

Try... 44 :confused: The ASW fleet was almost obliterated, thx God I Always make the game pause when engagements start...

AA makes some very good damage and you were right Lucifer, STRAT as Germany kinda sucks - in large part, due to AA losses.

I'll use photoshop, but my skills are a bit rusty since I used to work with it so long ago. So I don't know how to create "actions" and every tip will be very welcome.
Video sent!

AA is a defensive weapon, more interceptors might be better :)
If Germany doesn't invade England, she will have to play defensively. And the GIs will come at some point. I prefer to have a balanced and more enjoyable game than just trying to win...at least for that AAR considering the investment in time.

It's funny how the Finnish government changes to a less democratic one after the winter war in the game because that never happened irl :D Finland just became more friendly towards Germany because of all the weapon shipments and economic help they offered.
I guess that it is because an alliance with Germany would not last in-game otherwise. (?)

About Air Wings - considering the AI has a certain fetish for doom stacks why not Promote some guy to Air Marshall and make allied wings be intercepted by 12 INT doomstacks?

AA makes some very good damage and you were right Lucifer, STRAT as Germany kinda sucks - in large part, due to AA losses.
I have considered that, but the more air units fight together, the bigger the malus is. So, a stack of 12 is a little better than a stack of 8 but not so much as to justify not having more but smaller stacks. this without considering the night malus. No, there is a better (but not miraculous) solution, and it should be explained soon.

If you get damages as Germany over England, imagine what the Allies are probably suffering right now above 'my' Germany? :)

If Germany doesn't invade England, she will have to play defensively. And the GIs will come at some point. I prefer to have a balanced and more enjoyable game than just trying to win...at least for that AAR considering the investment in time.

Interceptors can be used many places, AA only in one place. The resources spent on the individual provinces is maybe better spent on interceptors that can defend many more provinces.

DH isn´t HOI 3. The amount of provinces do make forcing bombers into one province much easier - and trust me, AA guns have a big punch, and if they attack a division with AA brigades, the allies will bleed a LOT for very little gain. INT is not cheap to reinforce.