• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be buying it eventually. Vicky was an epic game --- well it was once it had the expansion and a half dozen patches added to it anyway. Hopefully you guys can cut the public beta test phase down some this time? ;)

I really like the era and the original game. I was unsure whether other people find it interesting though. But it seems some of you do ;)

Well, of course I find my childhood interesting.;)

Personally I think the game will be good; and judging from the reactions here and in other places I was maybe a bit quick on joining this bet.

I'm sure you can make some additional costs.

Put all your teambuilding down on the Victoria 2 budget line and take everyone on a yacht around the Carribean. That will ensure you win the bet, no matter how much revenue there is :)

Personally I think the game will be good; and judging from the reactions here and in other places I was maybe a bit quick on joining this bet.

I really like the era and the original game. I was unsure whether other people find it interesting though. But it seems some of you do ;)

Oh no, I dont mean clarify it here, do it on the other sites where this has been reported... and I've already seen mention of it on Civfanatics too, rest assured this won't be quietly foprgotten!

You could dramatically increase your employees wages, as a way of saving face :D

This is not a good procedure for a game settled in the period of the industrialisation, we don't want to spoil the developpers! Lower the wages to 3 € per hour, or hire some kids to do the programming. :D

(Or your own wages come to think of it..)

This is absolutely acceptable behaviour, a rise of 1000% is definetly necessary. But of course, Frederik should also demand to abolish all taxes for people with high income. It was a viable strategy in Victoria, why shouldn't it work in the real world today? ;)

I never played the original at all. However, I have heard good things about it and love the time period. Hence I will be getting it.

Since HOI3's ability to give jobs to the AI, the learning curve has diminished massively. This should make a very complicated and micromanagement game (or so I was told) easier to play.

I could tell from that one interface screenshot that this is the right direction. It just has the historical feel which is hard to put your finger on.

Long story short, you're totally losing your hair.

I know at least one person other than myself who will be purchasing it, possibly two.

As long as it gets plenty of publicity, I see no reason why it won't massively outsell the original.

You have gotta love Johan.

That quote about E:TW is so true. I have to say its been one of my most regretted purchases in recent years.

I dont like that it forces me to install Steam (which is an awful horrible program and service) and I dont like it forces me to be online to play it. And then when you actually play it - its the most boring crap TW game yet.

I am really looking forward to Vicky 2 and I squeeed out loud when I noticed the Vicky 2 forum. :D

I am glad that Fredrik is letting the Devs have another crack at this even though he has his misgivings; it shows what a nice honourable person he is. I think we should all be happy someone like Fredrik, who listens to and interacts with the community, is in charge of PI (more or less hehe) and not someone like the CEO of Electronic Arts or the CEO of Lucasarts. lol.

You have gotta love Johan.

That quote about E:TW is so true. I have to say its been one of my most regretted purchases in recent years.

I dont like that it forces me to install Steam (which is an awful horrible program and service) and I dont like it forces me to be online to play it. And then when you actually play it - its the most boring crap TW game yet.

you dont' need to be online to play steam games.
all the rest i totally agree.

Vicky 2 is the best piece of news since EU2 was announced. Looking forward to this + hope OHgamer is being consulted / involved in the project.

Victoria was a blast, in no other pdox game do you get that escalating feeling of Progress which you get in Vicky.

Good luck with the project and looking forward to buy (even more now after skinhead vows have been uttered..) this title!:)

PS: just don't hardcode the immigration values this time...;)

Oh no, I dont mean clarify it here, do it on the other sites where this has been reported... and I've already seen mention of it on Civfanatics too, rest assured this won't be quietly foprgotten!

Right :)

I am not too worried about what people on _other_ forums are thinking.

People with comments can always email me, that's why I have my email address in my signature. ;)

There be no _other_forums_.
This is the only _forum_.

Btw, I wonder how much this thread has affected the sale rates of V2.

What if you start a new thread where you shall promise to shave the head, but also get big moustaches, an huge beard and start wearing monocle?

That would triple the sale rates. :p

Here's a question Fredrik. Let's assume that V2 doesn't show a profit - we all wish otherwise of course but you have raised the possibility - will that affect the odds of seeing possible expansion packs? I mean, its fantastic that P'dox are making this game but I'm sure there are limits to the resources you can devote to developing it post-release

There be no _other_forums_.
This is the only _forum_.

Btw, I wonder how much this thread has affected the sale rates of V2.

What if you start a new thread where you shall promise to shave the head, but also get big moustaches, an huge beard and start wearing monocle?

That would triple the sale rates. :p

I still want my kids to recognize me; sales isn't everything you know ;)

I personally think a set of Franz Josef sideburns and a moustache would be more appropriate than a skinhead....

:D

Really?
More appropriate?
I freaking love moustaches! :cool:

But what of an monocle?

Just tell your kids; 'sometimes daddy wishes to be like a 19th century capitalist, and then you just need to understand daddy and play along with him'

Don't jump the gun.

After all, in this forum you could probably find hundreds of players voting for a bathing tub simulator without a rubber duck, so long as it concerned historical baths.

Status
Not open for further replies.