• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm going to need to turn it off for the next game. I had it on for Shajar as well. I'm going to post a few screenshots soon - there's something extra interesting about making a successfully dynasty from a powerful matriarch.

1wVSW09.jpg

iBrkykC.jpg

Ironman is enabled - I can offer the save to either if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Why does this need to be stickied? Is PDS trying to attract the Jezebel crowd? We're we receiving complaints of sexism in a game about the bloody Middle Ages?

Reactions:
Last edited:
Reactions:
Adelaide, Countess of Vermandois: I forget the exact date, but she becomes available to play around 1080. An innocuous looking French countess, married with two daughters, so you're going to have to be quick with the knife to dispose of your husband and get a matrilineal marriage and thus heirs of your family. Why bother? Well, she just happens to be the last surviving member of the Caroliginian Dynasty (aka, the Karlings). Her father crops up occasionally in "interesting characters to play" discussions, but restoring Western Europe to it's rightful rulers starting as Adelaide is oh so much more satisfying.

Reactions:
Well a car accident in London doesn't really affect me either but I can still complain if one driver was a person I liked.

I can assure you no cars were damaged and no drivers hurt in the stickification of this thread.

But really this is unproductive, I'll not respond further.

Reactions:
Well a car accident in London doesn't really affect me either but I can still complain if one driver was a person I liked.

And who get hurted in this thread? This is not really a good compare. A car accident is something bad. But why is this topic bad (for you)?

Reactions:
There should be more events for female rulers in general. Maybe a few things about keeping your power to yourself and away from your husband. Maybe some courtly love events as well.

And who get hurted in this thread? This is not really a good compare. A car accident is something bad. But why is this topic bad (for you)?

Because we might as well have "Interesting Catholic/Orthodox/Tengri/Slavic/Norse Characters"; why don't we just have an indexed Interesting Characters sticky? Kills a flock of birds with one stone.

Reactions:
There should be more events for female rulers in general. Maybe a few things about keeping your power to yourself and away from your husband. Maybe some courtly love events as well.

Yes, events to prevent jure uxoris would be very interesting. Events to pursue it as a husband would also make sense. It's sometimes possible to forget you're playing a woman if the game doesn't hit you with a gender specific event.

I do agree that this thread should be merged into a wider "interesting characters thread", although on the condition that female rulers aren't sidelined on the list. I'm more interested in playing powerful women than I am playing another man with few playstyle differences from the last.

Because we might as well have "Interesting Catholic/Orthodox/Tengri/Slavic/Norse Characters"; why don't we just have an indexed Interesting Characters sticky? Kills a flock of birds with one stone.

Reactions:
The reason the other thread was unstickied was because the OP no longer maintained it.

... I do agree that this thread should be merged into a wider "interesting characters thread", although on the condition that female rulers aren't sidelined on the list.

Combining the threads might be a good idea, although whoever does it would be committing to a long-term project which would need updating with every dlc and major patch release.

What if the sticky was instead a thread for suggestions and for posting an FAQ, but the OP actually just linked away to the CKII wiki where everyone could edit at will?

For those wondering about the purpose of this thread, this is for people who want to do something a little different.
I have added a link to the Interesting Characters wiki page because I also put in all of the female characters from there (including Eleanor of Aquitaine, my own addition), and because it should be bulked up anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Merging the two could be done it's mostly community given anyways just copy/paste what they say. I mostly want it so people can keep posting interesting characters. Sharing historical people is good to see.

For those wondering about the purpose of this thread, this is for people who want to do something a little different.
I have added a link to the Interesting Characters wiki page because I also put in all of the female characters from there (including Eleanor of Aquitaine, my own addition), and because it should be bulked up anyway.

Good solution. No need for a merge imo.

Female rulers are rare and for a lot of people, including myself, very fun to play. That's why this thread is a great initiative. It has been stickied to not sink to page 9999. But seriously, what problem could you possibly have with it? Do you have some problem with women or something? If so, I suggest you visit a psychiatrist. ^^

Reactions:
Queen Petronila of Aragon Available from the 16th August 1157. The last Jimena. She has only one child when she becomes first available to play and is married to the duke of Barcelona. She is only 24, so you can kill the 0 year old child and/or the husband or just divorce him.