• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can't wait for the next update.

March 7th, 1000 Moscow Time, The Duma

President Chernov's head still hurt from the informal party that he, and Rykov had attended, a small affair in the Golden Mile down in Khamovniki District, that was a celebration of 3 months of rule, and change from President Chernov. That had been two days ago. Age strengthened the bite of vodka, and he softly laughed to himself as he entered the Cabinet room in the Duma. Bukharin was sat at the table, discussing matters with Sergei Kirov, whilst Genrikh Yagoda stood at the end of the table, by his seat, drinking coffee from a fine china cup. Rykov was in his chair, apparently semi-comatose as usual. The military men sat in their greatcoats, each a the colour of their respective branch, except for Romanovsky and Von Blücher, both in Army black. Chernov noted that the imperial eagle crests on their cap-badges had been removed.

As he took his seat, at the head of the table, as Sukhanov bustled in, his folders fuller than usual. Regarding the Minister for External affairs, Chernov had a feeling he should have held this latest cabinet meeting sooner as opposed to later. As his coffee was brought in by the serving maid, he leant back in the chair, looking around the room. The changes were small but the room seemed more alive than it had 3 months ago.

Chernov gestured to Sukhanov. "Since you seem to be in such a rush Nikolai, would you care to start the meeting?"
Sukhanov distributed the folders, quicker than usual, by the advantage of already being on his feet.

"Many things are afoot in the world at this time, gentlemen. The latest news out of China indicates that the region may be undergoing significant changes within the year, at my latest estimation. On the 12th of February, as I telegrammed you Mister President, the Head Office of the AoG was annihilated by flame."

Rykov cleared his throat, and those around the table glanced to the man who contested Bukharin as quietest member of the Cabinet. "I have also had a report delivered to my desk from a Russian Sympathiser in Beijing. Apparently Qing China has been having troubles with the peasentry since Pu-Yi's edict

1936feb12thAoGburn.jpg

China continues to bubble like a pot of soup, left too long, as the Empire reportedly has peasant troubles, whilst the Head Office of the AlgOstAsien GmbH in Guilin is burnt to the ground.

Sukhanov stretched slightly as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Just yesterday, they announced the new location of their head office. The 'industrial' zone of Nanchang, but I am getting ahead of myself"
1936March6thAnewheadoffice.jpg

Nanchang was selected due to the strong presence of german owned factories.

Sukhanov nodded. "We also have had as the nation has become more stable, requests for trade deals, though they are ridiculously uneven."
Bukharin spoke then. "We cannot let Russia be exploited by foreign powers. No more of this Kerensky Politicking. Russia must be strong!"

1936Feb20thHabsburgThinksUsDim.jpg

Russia continues to ignore requests for ridiculously uneven trade deals from exploitative foreign powers.

Sukhanov again nodded. "After discussions with Minister of Industry Kirov, I have been refusing them. Russia is a rich land, with much natural bounty and speaking of natural bounty, recent occurences in Freistaat Mittelafrika are a cause for concern. The Staatsholder, Hermann Goering, has managed to convince the Kaiser to expand Mitteleuropa to protect German holdings in Africa as well. Any attempt to face the German peoples and their lackeys will now take much longer."

1936March1stThatBuffoon.jpg

That buffoon Goering, from his Zanzibar pleasure palace, has decided that Freistaat Mittelafrika needs firmer assurances than a guarentee of independance by the Vaterland.

"My final point brings us to more recent events. On March 3rd, coincidentally the date of 3 months of our democratic reign in Russia, democracy was brought to the wastes of Australia. we've sent our congratulations, and a set of nesting dolls." Sukhanov sat back in his chair, with a final comment. "Two other things have come up, but I will leave them to Minister Rykov and Chief of Staff Romanovsky."
1936DemocracylivesinAsia.jpg

The Australian people went to the polls recently, and participated in fair and democratic elections, just like those in Russia!

Minister Kirov stood up next. "These last three months have seen a growth in the economic power, and prowess of Russia. Accordingly the people are more willing to give us their support. The details are on this paper here, and are reports from the strategic supply depots at the grain warehouses in Khamovniki district."

1936Economicmattersmarch7th.jpg

Russia's economy strides boldly into the future

As Kirov sat after presenting the short paper to the ministers of the cabinet, Feliks Romanovsky got to his feet, and took out a map of the Mongol border. "On February 13th, the first troops of Vassielievskij Group began to arrive in Ust-Kut. The general himself was delayed due to personally overseeing the deployment of the 1st Tankovaya Korpus at Porkhov."
193613FebUstKut.jpg

February 13th. Troops begin to arrive in Ust-Kut.

"Within three days, the troops had arrived, and the general commenced a reorganisation of the force, which was formalised and the Order of Battle for the Mongolian front was sent via telegram. At the same time, Minister Sukhanov recieved a message about the actions of the Mad Baron... it appears we're acting in a timely manner."
1936Eventsofthe16thFeb.jpg

And the final divisions arrive, and are reorganised on the 16th-17th, just as Tibet announces it's alliance with the Bandit to the south.

"The general was made aware of the alliance, though his decisions were already strategically sound. The army will be deployed along the front, in order to be able to advance into, and overrun the Mongols. The fast units were sent to Mogocha, as the mountainous terrain can be circumvented by a direct southward strike, allowing the encirclement of divisions to the North, through a rush into the Gobi Desert."
1936RedeploymentOrders17thFeb.jpg

The orders are given, and the army groups begin to spread out along the border. General Vassilievskij made the decision to send the Tank and Cavalry Corps to the border with the Borstya Province.

"That is all for the Mongolian border, however there is one other thing. Once again Finnish divisions have been seen moving away from the border, despite the tension there. It is thought that they are retreating to the province of Mikkeli, so they may use the troops there as a reserve, but we have no definitive proof. That is all."
1936Februaryborderweakening.jpg

Military intelligence also reports that numerous divisions along the Finnish border, are absent from their previously noted positions. Where they have gone is a mystery.

Admiral von Wirèn and Minister Rykov both stood up at once, prompting a small grin in Yagoda. Chernov looked between the pair. "Do you have something to say gentlemen?"

The Admiral spoke first, causing Rykov to pause. "The final submarine that was under construction has been completed sir. The Russian Navy awaits only it's new destroyer."

Rykov then spoke "Recent reports have shown that King Mindeaugaas of Lithuania is more independantly minded, than might be desired by Kaiser Wilhelm. Apparently, they're using Lithuanian as the primary state language..."
1936March4thAsubiscompletedandLithu.jpg

On March 4th another fearsome submarine entered the Russian Navy, again joining Admiral Von Wirèn's command in St. Petersburg. Meanwhile the Mitteleuropan lackey Lithuania shows the flickerings of a spine, as the oppressed masses demand the right to speak their own tongue, and win it!

"This has prompted a strong war of words... in German of course." Rykov smiled even though nobody else did, the joke falling flat. "However, the Lithuanians are not backing down. I think that Mitteleuropa, might be crumbling."

1936CrazyLithuaniapicksafight.jpg

The Lithuanians pick a fight with Germany... how it will end, nobody knows.

//As usual, IC has been split into Reinforcements and Upgrades. Final screenshot taken with something open in the background, so sorry for the garbage. (I play in a window)

Last edited:
This world is more chaotic than I thought. BTW, go Lithuania!

I think it's because I actually treat the events as events as opposed to 'Here is some boring stuff that happened and clogged up my screen.'

Anyway, voting for the next update is needed, since extending power has fired. I've figured out which characters want what, the question is are you, My Duma, convinced by their arguments?

Heres your question. Voting is for 24hours, as usual
1936extendingpower1.jpg

Officially recognise the Soviets and village Communes!

I say Soviets, bring back the Reds.

There is no other way to glory (and loads, loads, loads of cores) than the one laid out by the illustrious Bolsheviks.

recognize the soviets and village communes!

Woo! The Soviets so far are winning 4 to 0 :D!

Even I prefering working with the Elites, Russia is already commie. I agree with the Reds. :(

All the power to the soviet...We all know what the centralised bureaucracy provoqued...Stalin.

nice AAR :)
as for the voting could you tell what these three options actually do? (i never played as russia in kaiserreich).
anyways i'm in favor of making russia syndycalist and not bolshevik:)

nice AAR :)
as for the voting could you tell what these three options actually do? (i never played as russia in kaiserreich).

just like in real life, when you vote, you don't know how it will end up.

As to Morlak, Well, I'll suffer some dove and such. the -10 Dissent is worth it in regained IC!

Update tomorrow!

May I ask who rises in power when the Soviets take full control?