• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Буха́рин!
!!!!!!!!!!

Uuuuuuu Kaiserreich! \o/
But I usually choose the Romanovs with Russia. Anyway, Compromise! If we can't be Right-wing, lets be Democrats.

Bolsheviks! May they bring order to the shattered Russia!

The final hour of voting is upon us! Tell your friends! Tell your foes! Tell your mother! and VOTE!

EDIT: And the voting closes. Reports from the Electoral Commission right after my finish my lab report, but will be done before I go to sleep. I promise.

Last edited:
January 18th, 1300 Moscow Time

The election had been fast and furious, with several rallies in the streets in the week beforehand. When President Chernov finally put the matter to the Duma, the sitting members had already had conversations, in dim smokefilled rooms, public debates in bars, and two Social Revolutionary Deputies from the opposing wings of the party had been caught brawling in the Krásnaya plóshchad the day before the vote.

The vote was decisive and divisive, and more than a few things were said by the supporters of the candidates that would not be forgotten soon.

As the sun set on the 17th, the vote had been held, with an exit poll conducted by the Moscow daily predicting a Menshevik victory. However, the pollsters were wrong.
1936Jan17thPrimeminister2.jpg

A late surge by leftist SR and a few unconvinced Menshevik deputies pulled votes to Nicolai Bukharin, with HALF the Duma voting for the Bolshevik, in a surprise desertion of the Menshevik candidate, Iraklij Tseterily by almost all of those he had thought supported him.

At 1300 Moscow time, Nicolai Bukharin was sworn in, as Prime Minister of the Russian Republic. His signing in was followed by the resignations of Armament Minister Krestinsky for his 'comrade' Sergei Kirov, and the surpise, bitter resignation of Maria Spiridonova, who had suffered at Bolshevik hands during the civil war, and had the cigarette burns on her breasts to prove it still. Genrikh Yagoda now sat at the other end of Chernov's table, and the president found himself missing Spiridnova already as the room sat in silence, listening to the crowds in the Tverskoy District as Police reinforced with the Army Units attached to Stavka put down the rebellious mob. The result of the ballot showed 35% of the Duma had voted for the Kadet candidate, and it seems that after the swearing in, they had gone outside and began baying for blood.

1936jan17gov.jpg

Genrikh Yagoda gave President Chernov an uncertain feeling in the pit of his stomach, though the industrious Sergei Kirov was a welcome addition at least, the man bubbling over with ideas and plans for the improvement of Russia during their enforced stay within the Duma building. Bukharin himself was remarkably quiet, interrupting Kirov only when he deemed it necessary

Until the streets calmed down, the cabinet were holed up in the State Duma building, the tramping of booted feet outside. STAVKA was apparently similarly besieged, Wrangel telegramming that the mob were more incensed that one of Kerensky's amnesty 'traitors' being elected, than who they directed their anger at. Telegrams from St. Petersburg had also been recieved, stating that the Army divisions within the city who were not on the Finnish border patrol were working with the Police, along with personal statements of loyalty to the Duma and the Republic from General Uborevich and his staff.

This time, they did not go home until after midnight, and the snow was stained with red blood, Army units moving along the main highways of Moscow, and policemen patrolling in groups of three. Chernov didn't see any barricades yet, but he feared that he may soon enough. As his Presidential Guards (a whole company from the division that guarded the Kreml) stood in tight formation around him as he left the Duma and began the walk down toward the Kreml, a wind blew from the east, that made Chernov shiver, even in his thick wool trenchcoat.

//Votes
Bolshevik ///////
Menshevik //
Kadet /////

//Yagoda: Backstabber, Kirov: Resource Industrialist, Bukharin: Silent Workhorse.

Last edited:
February 5th, 1936, 1000 Moscow Time

It appeared that the turmoil the world was undergoing was not going to let up anytime soon. Whilst sporadic violence still occured in the cities of Russia, the rallying of the Armed Forces behind the new government had suppressed many of the issues, at least temporarily.

Since Nikolai Bukharin had been elected, Sergei Kirov had been working in combination with Minister Rykov and the Prime Minister himself, and the modernisation of significant portions of Russian industry had occured, whilst the Tsaritsyn Factory Combine worked toward ironing out developmental issues with the materials and rolling out prototypes of the new Machine Tools that would increase the industrial might of Russia far into the future.

Nor had other cabinet members been idle. The departure of Spiridinova, had actually, to President Chernov's surprise, reduced the demand for such consumables as sugar, and coffee. Apparently ones drinks need not be so sweet without 'Nagging Mother Russia' at the helm of the state security service. Minister Yagoda, as head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs had began a restructuring within the Okhranka, though the details were vague, several men with Bolshevik credentials had recently been assigned to oversee the deployment of Presidential Guard troops. Where these men were coming from, President Chernov had no idea, though he suspected Genrikh of importing them from the exiled Bolsheviks in France and such. The rumblings eminating from the building that had been purchased from the near defunct 'All-Russia Insurance Company' by Kerensky back in 1930 concerned the president, but he had nothing solid to move on.

As Chernov sipped from the hot, milky coffee he smiled, glancing to Sukhanov as the cabinet had assembled, and placing the cup in the fine china saucer he gestured to the Minister for External Affairs. "Please Nicolai, if you would give us the report on recent foreign occurences?"

Sukhanov stood up promptly and placed several folders upon the table, so that each member of the cabinet could view them. "Just two recent matters of importance, honoured ministers, have recently occured. The first happened on the 27th of January. We recieved report that the reclusive Qing Emperor, Pu-Yi released his most recent diktat to his people. In it, he claims that all will progress as they have been."

1936Jan27PuYiSpeaks.jpg

The isolationist and apparently weak Emperor Pu-Yi issued a proclaimation recently

"What this means is that we have no worries with regard to an awakening in China, and that Japanese, and therefore Fengtien attention will be focused southward, as is that of Ungarn Von Sternburg."

Chernov nodded a moment and then gestured to Sukhanov to continue. Bukharin had listened with characteristic intensity, and Field Marshal von Blücher had made several notes, whilst Chief of Staff, Marshal Romanovsky sat with his fingers interlaced, a cooling cup of black tea in a saucer on the desk infront of him.

"The second occurence has put much of the West into turmoil, as the Berlin Stock Market crashed recently. The beating heart of Mitteleuropa has, to continue my analogy, spasmed, perhaps fatally."

1936Feb4thBlackMonday.jpg

Economic Crisis in Mitteleuropa. Could Russia benefit?

Sergei Kirov rocked forwards in his chair, and several notes were jotted, the mans mind obviously racing over the possibilities of what this meant for the Russian economy. Chernov sipped his coffee once again, and leant back in his chair. "Is that all?"

Sukhanov sat down, and Chernov next looked to Chief of Staff Romanovsky. "How go our progressions with the reinforcement of the Mongol border?"

Romanovsky looked first to Koronev, who stood up. "The Kamchatskii A.D. have been rebased to Tynda, on the Fengtien border, as it is our closest airbase to the Mongol border. The order was sent on the 20th of January, and Air General Zhigarev's men had successfully flown to Tynda airbase within a couple of hours."

1936Rebase20Jan.jpg

Zhigarev's Air Pirates, as the Kamchatskii A.D. was informally known completed their orders in a short period, leaving many weeping women in Okhotsk, as the dashing pilots flew away from the rising sun, leaving their sweethearts behind.

Koronev sat, and Von Blücher stood up. "Current forces are en-route to the muster point in Ust-Kut province, with expected arrival of the 1ya Armiya being the final force to arrive sometime on February 16th before rearrangement and redeployment via rail to the borders. General Vassilievskij will be leading the task force from his command, when they arrive." Blücher paused for a moment, and Romanovsky cleared his throat "I have also ordered that the garrison divisions currently upon the border with Mongolia be prioritised in the current reinforcement and military upgrade program."

1936Prioritisation20Jan.jpg

Prioritisation of the Garrisoning troops on the border meant that Ungarn Von Sternburg would be facing the strongest divisions in Russia, should he be foolhardy enough to test their will.

Von Blücher continued after a moment. "One other thing, Divisions in Kem noted that troops along the Finnish border are on the move.
1936Finnishborder20Jan.jpg

Something afoot in Finland?

Finally Von Wirèn spoke, a faint smile on his lips. "Naval Maneouvers by Tihookeanskiy Flot on the 20th of January show that the border with Kolchak's traitor state is not the only district that is deserted. The coast along the Strait of Tartary are entirely empty. Were the oppurtunity to arise, the Amurskaya Armiya with support from Marshal Voronets and the Delnevostochnaya Armiya could make good on an invasion."

1936Maneouvers20Jan.jpg

Naval Maneouvers reveal a surprising fact

Von Blücher interrupted after a moment. "Then you may have scared Kolchak into action. More recent intelligence estimates three divisions in each of the border provinces."

Chernov interrupted, lest his Army and Navy Chiefs were to begin an argument. "I see. Well, we shall remain watchful for the time being. Anything else to add, Admiral Von Wirèn?"

The Admiral nodded with a large smile. "St. Petersburg Shipyard have completed the 29th Flotiliya Podlodok, and I assigned them to Baltijskij Flot, under my personal command."

1936CompletionofSubmarineFeb3.jpg

193629thFlotillyaintheBalticFleetVo.jpg

The latest addition to Russia's fledgling navies.

Chernov nodded, and glanced about the room. Bukharin seemed deep in thought, whilst Yagoda was giving the President the evil eye. Though without any notes, Kirov stood up, and spoke briefly. "The firm producing the Submarine has not been given a repeat order, and the money saved has been funneled into the reconstruction of factories damaged in the rioting after the election."

President Chernov stood after a moment, as one of the Presidential Guards at the back of the room shifted his position slightly. "My thanks to you all, and a good day to you."

//IC from submarine put into Consumer Goods, Supplies, Upgrade and Reinforcement, to help rebalance my sliders after the election dissent from Bukharin (though most of it was counteracted by the Bukharin/Kirov +10%IC bonus.)
//Von Wirèn installed as Admiral after screenshot taken. Not going to retcon it however. Assume the Admiral feels he can command a fleet in port, safely by Telegram!

Last edited:
i believe that before UN there was no treaty saying anything about "national waters" and "neutral waters" so i think that you sending your fleet on no real purpose near Transamurs coastline should be seen as declaration of war ;]

anyway remember that before you turn soviet you should close all tech development otherwise it will freeze

No, the Reds Won! Run Away!
I usually when playing Russia prioritize Reinforcments and Upgrades, then later I think about creating a new Airforce and some new Tanks.

At least the Reds are in power :D

i hope you changed Yagoda from his position (+ 5% CG ain't nice)
anyway, nice to see good comrades in power

i believe that before UN there was no treaty saying anything about "national waters" and "neutral waters" so i think that you sending your fleet on no real purpose near Transamurs coastline should be seen as declaration of war ;]

These are merely Russian Military Naval exercises in her sovereign territories, no matter what the locals say about not being part of russia!

Stormbringer said:
Good read. I think that it is actually best to not build anything until 1937 at the earliest. In fact I disbanded the entire fleet in my game because it is quite useless.

Chernov isn't incharge of an army, nor is he a duke of some merit. It's a bit of appeasement toward those who are in charge... after all, the last time an Admiral decided he was unhappy, Kerensky nearly lost it all!

CarbrBard said:
No, the Reds Won! Run Away!
I usually when playing Russia prioritize Reinforcments and Upgrades, then later I think about creating a new Airforce and some new Tanks.

I'm currently doing that. You pretty much are following the same idea.

Morlak said:
Don't worry about Kolchak, you can always control them by the events (it may cost you some dissent, but it's worth it)

Oh, I know. President Chernov doesn't.

Delex said:
Too bad the first event, where you chose your ideology was not let to be voted on.

Ah, but that event required an immediate reaction by one of the four power groups. Therefore I play it as Me, Myself and I making the snap decision. I actually sat for a 2hr period thinking about how I was going to tell my story.

Mico94 said:
i hope you changed Yagoda from his position (+ 5% CG ain't nice)
anyway, nice to see good comrades in power

At this point the only replacement is Spiridinova, with her Prince of Terror +10% CG need and no foreign territory to exploit... he's the better choice (and believe you me, I'd never had thought Genrikh Yagoda would ever be a better choice...)

~~~

Update to follow.