• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The initial offensive looks good, perhaps it is time to strike at the Chinese flank with a glorious banzai attack on their southern or eastern coastline?

The initial offensive looks good, perhaps it is time to strike at the Chinese flank with a glorious banzai attack on their southern or eastern coastline?

I agree with you there, if you have the troops, use them wisely ;). The navy should not be an issue.

The End of the Beginning

1st August 1937-1st September

After the relatively slow start, the Japanese forces were eager to prove themselves and so they did. On the 2nd August, the first division, the 2nd Moukogo Kiheishidan reached the first objective line, and subsequent divisions followed. Even more encouraging news came when the Empire slayed it first enemy.On the 3rd August, the puppet regime of Shanxi surrendered. Good day for Japan, Bad for the Chinese.

ay4ruw.jpg

Spurred on by the success, the IJA in accordance with the IJN, landed in the east of China, firstly with the port of Ningbo. It took another week before it was secured, but on the upside, it forced the Chinese fleet, or what was left of it after the disastrous amphibious, and we managed to sink the Chinese light cruiser the "Hai Chen", a World War 1 relic. It was the first in a series of successful landings on the east coast.

2gtx8oz.jpg

The "Hai Chen" was a German built light cruiser, but now is only fit for trawling. It was short work in the face of our battleships

On the 18th of August, our forces, supported by a small air contingent, were spurred into action in attacking Shanghi, the industrial capital. Whilst it tool 11 days, it was relatively bloodless, and by further securing the port of Nantang, 2nd Army is clear to proceed with excellent supply lines into the Heart of China. By the 30th, we are at the river line, and poised to strike the rotten core of the country.

2q862h0.jpg

Our troops in Shanghai. An excellent example of efficient occupying and consolidation.

Front position 1st September 1937

1zecow5.jpg

N.B very short update, even had to make font bigger :D Not a lot of time this week, but I'll do a nice one next time, or I'll commit hara-kiri in shame. Thanks for all the feedback and support

There you go, invasion and second front opened: check! Nicely done and imo it should not be that hard from there on. I am wondering though why you choose to land on multiple places? Though there is nothing wrong with it of course, just I probably would have invaded where you have your most southern troops with more divisions on the same spot and have them move west. Have you northern army move west as well and box them in ;). But thats just for the fun of it.

Well, this way his landing force has multiple ports available to receive supplies, so that will surely help to keep the troops moving. I think it's a great spot to land over there, immediatly ready for an assault on Nanjing.
Hopefully this landing will divert enough Chinese troops to break through somewhere, if not there is always the Chinese Southern coast :)

Reactions:
There you go, invasion and second front opened: check! Nicely done and imo it should not be that hard from there on. I am wondering though why you choose to land on multiple places? Though there is nothing wrong with it of course, just I probably would have invaded where you have your most southern troops with more divisions on the same spot and have them move west. Have you northern army move west as well and box them in ;). But thats just for the fun of it.

Thanks for the input! Reason I landed at multiple places is I can now advanced unhindered by supply issues. Or in theory anyway :D

Well, this way his landing force has multiple ports available to receive supplies, so that will surely help to keep the troops moving. I think it's a great spot to land over there, immediatly ready for an assault on Nanjing.
Hopefully this landing will divert enough Chinese troops to break through somewhere, if not there is always the Chinese Southern coast

Hopefully we won't have to use the Chinese southern coast, the mountains will be tricky to traverse. Thanks for the input!

Thanks for the input! Reason I landed at multiple places is I can now advanced unhindered by supply issues. Or in theory anyway :D

Hahaha, eeeeh.... yes, ironically I seem to have that problem with my current game as you may have read :blink:. As mentioned, I was just wondering and it makes sense doing it the way you did. Can't wait for the next update mate.

An Empire for the Emperor

1st September 1937- 1st November 1937

After the successful landing on the east coast of China by the 2nd Army, it was really only a matter of time before the rest of the country collapsed. How much time though would depend on the sped of our armed forces. At the beginning of the month, whilst the Chinese army was in the midst of what was nothing less than a fill scale rout, we finally reached the capital of Nanjing. It was virtually abandoned, and forces allocated to take were diverted elsewhere to be put to more effective tasks. It took 3 days to secure, and with it taken, the Chinese forces were without their supply hub. It also marked the last major city on the east coast that needed to be taken.

14t36kg.jpg

Caught in the midst of retreat, Nanjing proved to be one of our easiest battles

Despite the fact their sacred capital was taken, their supplies were dwindling, and our bombers shredding them to pieces, the Chinese were as determined as ever, even counter-attacking in places. This was short lived after the disastrous attack on Xinyi, where Major General Kimura and his 13. Hoheshiden managed to turn back countless Chinese attacks, resulting in 440 irrecoverable casualties for us, and 1233 casualties for the Chinese. A excellent display of new Japanese defensive tactics. Another encouraging development was our new bombers and fighters were fully upgraded, and saw some action. Surprisingly, a Chinese bomber was harassing our front line units. General Yamashita's new Ki-27's proved more than enough to maintain air superiority. However, our intelligence reports show that the when our troops investigated the downed bombers, they were Russian SB-2 bombers! It would appear a certain worker's party does not want us to win...

2mmgzeq.jpg

A SB-2 Russian patent bomber in service to the Chinese nationalists. It would appear foreign powers are interfering in Japan's destiny

As our forces pressed further and further into China, it was apparent that this was the end. The two fronts, the Eastern and Northern fronts, linked up on the 25th September. By the1st October, our forces occupied Wuhan, Changde, and finally on the the October, the last industrial city of Chengdu. Dogged Chinese resistance was prevalent all of over however, with them making full use of the terrain and our supply issues to stall our forces and incur, in some cases, horrific casualties. This was all in vain however, as finally on the 7th October, our foreign office reported that Nationalist China has surrendered itself to the Empire of Japan, and her allies. A glorious day indeed, and one of our battleships has been renamed to the "10 月 7 日" or "7th October" in this days honor.

2ibzr5i.jpg

Our men rejoice at the news of China's surrender. They have a lot to celebrate, their performance is the envy of all other armies.

Not everyone it seems was ready to surrender, as within 2 days a Chinese uprising in Hoqiu had to be suppressed. Partisans and rebels will continue to be a problem, an no doubt a substantial garrison will be needed to control our new conquest. As it stands, all the armed forces will be pulled onto mainland Japan for refitting and reorganizing. This has been a good war for Japan, if such a thing exists. Our army is competent and capable, headed by good commandeers. Our air force, despite is poor technology, has showed itself useful in assisting our infantry in taking out tough spots that would bog dwon our infantry. Our navy has shown itself as an excellent landing force, and our new battleships were flawless against the Chinese fleet.

nbu0pk.jpg

Partisans will continue to be a thorn in our side. China will need constant supervision to ensure we get what we need out of it.

Japanese Empire circa October 31st 1937
105bqz8.jpg

Last edited:
Our men rejoice at the news of Japan's surrender.

o_O????? SHAMEFRU DISPRAY!!!!

And on China's back Japan shall ride to world conquest! I knew China's NU was low but hadn't expected surrender yet. Will you wipe out the other warlords as well, or wait for Germany to kickstart things so as not to drag the USA into the fight early?

And on China's back Japan shall ride to world conquest! I knew China's NU was low but hadn't expected surrender yet. Will you wipe out the other warlords as well, or wait for Germany to kickstart things so as not to drag the USA into the fight early?

Good question. I think I will wait until Vichy France kindly gives me Indochina, and then move against the warlords, as then I will have a much better supply base. It's tricky terrain down there, and I expect progress to be quite slow

Good question. I think I will wait until Vichy France kindly gives me Indochina, and then move against the warlords, as then I will have a much better supply base. It's tricky terrain down there, and I expect progress to be quite slow

There is a 0-infra wall between French Indochina and Southern China, I believe... So no supplies flowing into China from that angle I'm afraid.

There is a 0-infra wall between French Indochina and Southern China, I believe... So no supplies flowing into China from that angle I'm afraid.

I should have been more clear, I meant from the Hong Kong direction, that little island thingy (great geography skills) and the southern coast. And yes, your right infrastructure in Indochina is just horrendous, and for the later campaigns it may serve me well to fix it.

I should have been more clear, I meant from the Hong Kong direction, that little island thingy (great geography skills) and the southern coast. And yes, your right infrastructure in Indochina is just horrendous, and for the later campaigns it may serve me well to fix it.

Ahh okay, I get it now I think. Sounds like a plan!

Nice updates, makes me want to give Japan a go as well mate ;).
May I suggest not to spend too many divisions on taking down the other warlords? The gain of territory, perhaps with the exception of the Guangxi Clique is not worth many losses.

Nice updates, makes me want to give Japan a go as well mate .
May I suggest not to spend too many divisions on taking down the other warlords? The gain of territory, perhaps with the exception of the Guangxi Clique is not worth many losses.

Thank you! I'm not sure what to do with the warlords, though from your AAR I saw you neutralize them with little trouble, but in your case, it was necessary to your survival. I may do it, perhaps with 2 corps, it would benefit me from war laws.

Thank you! I'm not sure what to do with the warlords, though from your AAR I saw you neutralize them with little trouble, but in your case, it was necessary to your survival. I may do it, perhaps with 2 corps, it would benefit me from war laws.

2 Corps of regular infantry would probably do the trick but only if you want to go through that trouble and so little you get in return. The more east you move, the more time it takes with the mountains and low infrastructure.