• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
kami888 said:
Just a question - did you fix that DD bug that causes US to start withdrawing troops from France after a while? Mind you it will start doing that eventually unless you fix it.

Hmmm ... I don't like that type of bug. Didn't know about it, you have a fix by chance? I know they like to give France territory back which makes them redeploy if that has anything to do with it.

Usually the bug never effects my games. Usually, the U.S continues the push into Germany. One game, the U.S and allies retook all of Germany save one province which then became East Germany. That was pretty funny.

But still, thanks for explaining the situation report to me. Interesting storyline, looking forward to what happens next.

Any chance you can hold Paris and regroup or is Paris going to be a lost cause for the moment?

Carry on, my good sir.

kami888 said:
Just a question - did you fix that DD bug that causes US to start withdrawing troops from France after a while? Mind you it will start doing that eventually unless you fix it.

How do you fix it?

Also, why is it only in DD?

Are you sure that building INF when you are in a critical manpower situation is a good idea?

How do you fix it?
By modifying the 1944 scenario file to make France german-owned, not US-owned, like it is supposed to be anyway.

Also, why is it only in DD?
It's not only in DD, I think it is in normal versions too. I don't have Armageddon to know whether the bug is solved there.

Usually the bug never effects my games.
This depends on what country you play as. If you play any country but Germany, chances are the German army will be simply wiped out from the air before 1945 hits. But if you are playing Germany, it happens that if you don't retreat quickly enough, the US will start pulling out or redeplying (I'm not sure which) its troops out of Europe. That happened to me every single time I tried to play the scenario.

Ksim3000 - Two people have asked about Hitler so i thought it best to clear it up. Paris will depend on the Enemy I would think. If they want it there isn't much I can really do to stop them.

SEG-CISR - Un-pausing can be difficult. I chose normal for 2 reasons. Firstly I am not familiar with the scenario having only played it once before and not as Germany. Secondly, if I don't get slaughtered, its a useful demonstration of how not to lose as Germany. If I do get slaughtered I will happily point out where I went wrong. Making mistakes always teaches me something :)

Fulcrumvale - Manpower is critical but I am only building 3 infantry units at a time. I gain more than 30 manpower a month and the infantry take longer than that to build so it should be ok. I have another reason for building them as well but that will be explained later ;)

As for the bug, we shall see what happens, hopefully the US troops will stay around to fight, if they don't I will just have to fight them somewhere else later.

An update I think.

Don't Panic

1000 June 20th 1944.
1st Panzerarmee Headquarters. Lvov, Russia.

Field Marshall von Bock knows who is attacking him but doesn't believe it.

"How can Zhukov be outside Lvov when he was attacking Polotsk 7 hours ago Ernst?"

Ernst-Anton von Krosigk, Commander 1. Infanterie-Division, knew better than to try and answer and just shrugged.​

june201000zhukovattackslvov.jpg

"Order a withdraw to Zamosc Ernst, I am not about to fight a madman who can appear from nowhere at these odds."

"Yes sir." replies Ernst.​

june201000lvovretreat.jpg

XXVII Korps. Bobraisk, Russia.

june201000kliestgetsbombed.jpg

Field Marshall von Kleist is glad his men had spent the last month digging in.​

Zagreb, Croatia.

june201000ltgenbobanzagrebbombed.jpg

Lt.Gen Boban, Commander of 1st Corps of the Army of Croatia, is not to happy about seeing South African aircraft over the capital.​

1. Fallschirmjager Division. Rimini, Italy.

Chief of the Army, General Ringel looks at the enemy shouting at his mens position in amusement. He had only recently arrived back at the front from his meeting with the cabinet.

"Do they do this all the time?"

"Just about every day at the moment Sir. I don't know why they do it, its not like we can understand them." replies Bruno Brauer, the Division Commander.

"Oh I don't think we need to understand the words Bruno. The South Africans seem a little less restrained than their British counterparts."​

june201000SAattacksrimini.jpg

The South Africans throw some insults in Italy.​

Last edited:
Great AAR so far - Now lets hope your commanding skills are as good as your writing...

Well, it seems that Hitler finally has learnt that the army who fights and retreats lives to fight another day...

Don't Panic

1100 June 20th 1944.
The skies above Aachen.

Air Marshall Wolfram von Richthofen listened to his ground controllers calm voice inform him of an incoming raid that had been picked up on radar.

He had been tasked with protecting OKW from air attack until such time as it was dug in and suitably reinforced. This he intended to do.

He contacted the seperate flights of Air Marshall Milch and Lt.General Galland to confirm they had received the same information he had.​

june201100okwattacked.jpg

All three flights began to vector towards the unsuspecting British bombers heading for Essen. They would never reach their target. At 1500 hours the British bombers had been savaged sufficiently to force them to break off and return home without accomplishing their mission.​

june201500richthofen.jpg

Von Richthofen turned towards Cologne to refuel. He was sure the Allies would try again, they were tenacious. He would be ready.​

1700 June 20th 1944.
Field Marshall Model's Headquarters.

Model was in a race with Patton. Quite simply he had to reach Paris first. He was 11 hours away and his troops were performing well. Patton's advanced units could not bypass the German rearguard and he was confident they would not. The Americans had already taken Argentan.​

june201100argentanlost.jpg

General von Pfeffer-Wildenbruch, Commander 85. Infantrie-Divison, had sent word that he had no option but to abandon Le Havre to the Americans and was withdrawing to Dieppe. Not only was Patton here but so was Eisenhower. They had sent their best.​

june201100lehavre.jpg

The updates he received from his other Field Commanders informed him that they were on schedule and would arrive at their destinations when expected. The Luftwaffe had arrived at various airbases on the Western Front and would hopefully be able to help him soon. He would need it.​

0000 June 21st 1944.
Reichstag Building. Berlin, Germany.

Martin Bormann had been in contact with his Cabinet throughout the day and by all reports things were going as well as could be expected. The Eastern Front was more or less withdrawing in order across the entire area.​

june210000russia-1.jpg

The Western Front was similar.​

june210000update.jpg

Von Ribbentrop had acquired enough Oil for roughly 30 days supply and was not critical at this time. Transport Capacity was being hampered by Partisan activity in many regions. Sensing the possible collapse of Germany they had increased their activities considerably of late. Something might be needed to be done about this sooner rather than later, but would just be monitored for now.​

and so ends a day filled mostly with defeat....

Last edited:
Is it just me or I see a big hole in the German lines on the Eastern Front?

HannibalBarca - Welcome.

BoemsiBoemsie - More defeats are certain. The Luftwaffe is all on the Western Front for now so the Russians get a free ride. Oil is not a real problem this early as my Allies have a lot I can get. As long as I survive it will become a problem later I expect.

Kurt_Steiner - There are 18 German divisions under the 3 Soviet CAS in Orsha. The only actual hole will be in Luniniec which is a marsh. I am not overly concerned about that.

Yeah theres a bit too few troops there. Armegruppe mitte was bascily destroyed at this point and the game represents this. However, its not so bad as it seems. First off he's facing a ai and they are not going to exploit this fully. Secondly the terrain is really shitty, loads of marshes for instance. So a sovjet advance here will be bent nortwards where a german counterattack can stop it. Or at the very least give time to withdraw the troops to a safe location.

So yes, its there. And its not good, but its not as bad as a lot of other german problems. Like oil.

Ramble: Have you begun to exchange oil with venezuela? They can send you roughly 110 oil a day. Half of it is probably going to be destroyed on their way due to allied convoy rading operations. So it might be a useful to use the navy to try to create a safe corridor to venezuela so you have a 100% trade efficency.

Hope it helps, we're on your side :p
- White Daimon

Heh, I know that Hitler won't like all of these tatical retreats that you're doing ;) But you want to win this scenario, not lose.