• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's what I'm afraid of, these will take far too long to build and have minimal defence impact, I'm afraid what Stavka wants is what the AI will build...It should request masses of cheap infantry!

Of course, but what is Stavka planning? Also, note that this beta is from April or May.

That's what I'm afraid of, these will take far too long to build and have minimal defence impact, I'm afraid what Stavka wants is what the AI will build...It should request masses of cheap infantry!

Keep in mind I will run the show for the production, not the AI. I want infantry and even garrisons and Militia for some quick bolstering of my defences. I will worry about Stavka's needs later on.

Excellent just Excellent.
How often are updates going to be?

I will aim to get at least a new update once every other day. Just got Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood two days ago though so I will spend a lot of time playing 'Angel-Eyes'. Don't game more then two hours a day anyways.

No, I'm certain it's Hanko (especially since Singleton Mosby confirmed it), just said it's a bit too big. Maybe Hanko should have been taken care of by event or something.

In the Moscow Peace Treaty that ended the Winter War on March 6, 1940, Hanko was leased to the Soviet Union as a military base for a period of 30 years. During the Continuation War, Soviet troops were forced to evacuate Hanko in early December 1941. The Soviet Union renounced the lease formally in the Paris peace treaty of 1947. As a curiosity, it can be noted that the short Russo-Finnish front across the base of the peninsula on the Finnish side was held in part by volunteer troops from Sweden.

It's a VERY small tiny place, I'm afraid the USSR as a human player might place many units there and attack the Finns from there in the back, which was absolutely impossible due to the size.

It's a VERY small tiny place, I'm afraid the USSR as a human player might place many units there and attack the Finns from there in the back, which was absolutely impossible due to the size.

I don't think that Hanko has big enough harbour, so those troops will be out of supplies and unable to attack.

Keep in mind I will run the show for the production, not the AI. I want infantry and even garrisons and Militia for some quick bolstering of my defences. I will worry about Stavka's needs later on.

Yes, I got that, I meant if the USSR would be played by the AI and you would play another nation. You want infantry and garrisons, which makes a lot of sense, it was in the quantity the soviets went, not the quality.

That would be good, but what if I as USSR queue some ports and place them there after the treaty?
If I understood Johan correctly, you can't do that in HoI 3. You can build a level 1 harbour and place it everywhere in controlled territory ("mulberries"), but each level above 1 has to built where needed consecutively, taking half a year per level.

/Edit: Baneslave'd. But my explanation is better! :p

That would be good, but what if I as USSR queue some ports and place them there after the treaty?

Think of Frontage! They won't be able to attack with nearly as many divisions as the might had in HOI2. The Finnish on the other hand can attack from multiple provinces around and they will have to build many "Stalags" ;)

Thanks for this master Mosby!
Will be following this for sure.

One question though, STAVKA is only requesting one air-unit so ii seems it assumes that the current Soviet Air Force is large enough to stop the Luftwaffe.
Can you please give some details on the size and composition Soviet Air Force?

Thanks in advance (the 4th of August comes quicker thanks to you ;) )

"Bulgaria is at war with the USSR", Bulgaria especially wanted to remain neutral in that war and declared immedialely it would, no Bulgarian units to Germany, only security units in parts of annexed Greece.

I think that should especially now with the game engine be possible, you say Japan is in the Axis, but not at war with you which is excellent. Should be the same with Bulgaria.

Hmmm, I see Hanko base is under Soviet control, nice touch.

I'm suprised though eastern Poland is not occupied territory for USSR just like western and central Poland is for Germany (or Bessarabia for Soviets).

Anyway, good luck there. Save your armored corps and airforce from border battle onslaught, then kick some hitleryte ass on the Dnieper Line, comrade!

First impressions = first class

Highly impressive game mechanics and artwork -- HOI3 is a major quantum leap up from HOI2 -- can't wait to get my hands on it...:cool:

Keep up the good storyline SM - I am sure that many others, who are not necessarily posting, are enjoying your journey..:)

Cheers