• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yoshi - could I get you to resize your screenie? It's causing much scrolling. Thanks.

P.S. Notice you are also using pngs. jpgs are much quicker to load. :)
I guess I could go back to splitting them up. Resizing them just kills the quality too much.

As for png's: for the big one, the size while in png is 44kb's, while it is 289 in a jpeg. For the small one, it is 238 in a png, and 175 for a jpeg.

If jpegs are quicker to load, it must be because of the internet or the computer, not because of size.

I guess I could go back to splitting them up. Resizing them just kills the quality too much.

As for png's: for the big one, the size while in png is 44kb's, while it is 289 in a jpeg. For the small one, it is 238 in a png, and 175 for a jpeg.

If jpegs are quicker to load, it must be because of the internet or the computer, not because of size.
Anything you can do to make them fit comfortably in the screen and reduce load time would be helpful. I'd especially ask that one not include large pics in another's AAR. Don't want to take over Kuipy's AAR with this so PM should you have further need to respond on this point. Thanks.

Malacca AAR:

There was no AAR for me this week. I had some kind of issues that caused me to go OOS everytime I joined. So, I sat out this weeks session so some time could be played.

However, the Ai did ok with me. It diplo-annexed Makassar with it's one million right culture-religion people. Also, my military was greatly increased in size which can be good for the future.

Ahem.

First I would like to stress that this is, in essence, a collaborative AAR. While it is true that I posted the first post and (occasionally) update the index, it is the other players' AAR as much as mine.

Then, if I remember correctly, what Yoshi used to do by splitting New and Old World kept the correct page setup, so that would be a solution.

And finally uh... can't remember. I'll come back to that later.

You guys are missing a "[" on the font size of the fourteenth session.
Thanks for the notice.

@ all: From now on, I'm going to put a link to the full size map shot, and post the broken up shots here.

:D

You lie and your feet stink!! Wheres my Malacca stats!! :D
:rofl:

Sorry. I'll get to that today.

Blizzard
Kuipy (Normandy)

Successful rebels are by far the most intolerant of disobedience to themselves ; maybe it is because having witnessed and contemplated the demise of their erstwhile overlord make them fear the same fate ; because a desire never to see their will contradicted motivated them to revolt in the first place ; or maybe do they feel ; or maybe they lack the serene certainty of those destined to rule from a tender age, and can never truly feel their power secure. William IV, the Thug King, was no exception, and more than once had Robert Meschines seen him whip a restive horse to the blood – or a man, even.

So it was with utmost surprise that the king's senior aide, when news reached his master of the Canadian rebellion, heard the king simply answer, "Fine." He did not even lift his eyes from his smeared and scribbled map of Hastings' new outer fortification for a few instants. Then the officers' awkward silence startled him, and he raised a paled, craggy face.

"The Norman Republic of Canada, ah. Is it what they call them ? A Republic. Assemblies, presidents, a flag of their own, they can have all of that for all I care. A Canadian Army ? Even better."
"Do you mean to tolerate them, my lord ?"
"I mean to be the first in Europe to recognize them. What do I lose ? I meant to sell their few godforsaken lands to Netherlands anyway. Well, they attacked us first, took New Jersey and New Guernesay and l'Île Mornay, so it is over, but my point is that I meant to cede Canada anyway, so it's not really a loss. What about their riches ? Look, and see."

He unfurled a worn and torn map of the World.

"Since the Fall of Sweden there are only three powers in the North Atlantic : us, France, and the Dutch. Who do you think the rebels are going to trade with us. They hate the Dutch, and for good reason, and it's reciprocal, so not them. The French have a long-standing tradition not to interfere with our business in the Americas, lest we interfere in theirs. So that leaves us, their own kin. Like as not, furs and timber are still going to wind up in Hastings. And for the same reason, they will fight our wars, only it will be at their expenses, not mine."
"So," Robert advanced, "You mean to stay in control of them ?"
"Better yet. I mean for them to ask me for that control. What odds do they have, alone, with greedy Dutch at their doorstep ? They still call themselves Norman, they are trading with us, most of them have family in London. It will not be long before they ask to join our alliance, before they ask us to represent their interests in the diplomatic scene, before they ask us to provide officers to command their rabble. And meanwhile the Dutch and Spanish Canada will get all the trouble we won't, because every beaver-poacher and timber-rafter that King Willem's taxmen roughen up a little will think of trying his luck with the Norman free ports, and eventually whole cities will think of it as well."
"It could lead us to war."
"Good," William answered. The candlelight wrapped his craggy face in fierce shadows.
"But in time" Robert observed" if they lose respect for the Norman King."
"I do not care for lousy woodmen and beaver-poachers' respect, or for their love, or for their payers. All I want of them is their gold, their daughters..."
He sipped spiced cider from a silver cup.
"And their blood."

Not really. I'm already in micromanagement hell. And my tariff efficiency never quite gets to 100 %. A vassal there can be useful.

Link to full size world map.

1799 New World:

900%20Years%201799%20New%20World.png

1799 Old World:

900%20Years%201799%20Old%20World.png

I consolidated before leaving everyone else out to dry and sleeping. :)

EDIT: And Piccolo decided to be an asshole and beat me to posting screenshots. :(

EDIT2: Damn but I made pretty borders though. :)

Malacca 1804-1813

This session was short due to annoying lag and a couple of crashes.

Malacca:

This session saw Malacca finally eliminate the last free nation in Southeast Asia with the absorption of Brunei. This was no problem and now there are just a few provinces under command of Euros that need to fall into Malaccas fold before our nation can be where it wants to be.

On the domestic front, Malacca is following everyone's lead in the race to build manu's. Malacca is doing well here and looks forward to showing the European powers how it is done.

Last edited: