• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that an official reply from PI? Everyone knows that if there isn't time to perform a particular task that the task won't be performed. It's just common sense. What's the point in just stating the painfully obvious (and not providing any useful information)?

i posted before (remembering a info from king himself) that all developers have other tasks at the moment and so nothing will happen to the 2.03c hotfix and the announced patch any time soon. ShockoPopper asked so i gave an answer. clear enough?

Is that an official reply from PI? Everyone knows that if there isn't time to perform a particular task that the task won't be performed. It's just common sense. What's the point in just stating the painfully obvious (and not providing any useful information)?

Wow, I bet you're the life of any party...

Strange, that Paradox seems to have lost interest in supporting this game, as it must be one of their biggest cashcows and have the strongest following. They release an expansion totally f*cked up and then releases a weak patch to fix the worst bugs, but it's still pretty uncomplete in my eyes.

For years, HOI, HOI2, and assorted mods filled just about all my gaming time. HOI3 while offering some really neat ideas simply hasn't captured that same game playing element. Yes there are bugs, but what is somewhat chilling is that the development team is to busy with other projects. Very disappointing. As a customer, I have a certain level of expectations with the product I received. Paradox has no requirement to provide continuing support... but then again, how will that be viewed with their customer base. I for one will be leery of their next project. As a minimum, will wait to see what the community thinks before ordering. My hope is that HOI3 will eventually finds its place amongst HOI and HOI2. Only time will tell...

For years, HOI, HOI2, and assorted mods filled just about all my gaming time. HOI3 while offering some really neat ideas simply hasn't captured that same game playing element.

I think that pretty much summarizes my view. With SF, it is certainly is now "playable" (and HOI3 was certainly not... until at least 1.4), however "playable" does not always equal "enjoyable"...

There are certainly enjoyable aspects, or I would not continue play. But outside a few of the major countries, I have no interest in playing the others (and I did in HOI 2). I also play much more infrequently... The fact that they still haven't fixed some of the minor annoyances take away a lot of the flavour... While the "sandbox" concept was an interesting inclusion, it takes away from the realism - which was my motivation to play. At least the ICE mod attempts to address this.

I think that is supposed to fix that problem?

For Checksum I get RNGL is that correct?

Correct or not I got RNGL.

Hi, dont know what it is:

Patch 203c installed, Starting a new game: no crash
Loading a Game dec, 31, 1939: no crach
Loading a game jan, 04, 1940: APPCRASH
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: hoi3game.exe
Anwendungsversion: 0.0.0.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 4c725d88
Fehlermodulname: hoi3game.exe
Fehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4c725d88
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 00a2ccef
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Hi, dont know what it is:

Patch 203c installed, Starting a new game: no crash
Loading a Game dec, 31, 1939: no crach
Loading a game jan, 04, 1940: APPCRASH
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: hoi3game.exe
Anwendungsversion: 0.0.0.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 4c725d88
Fehlermodulname: hoi3game.exe
Fehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4c725d88
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 00a2ccef
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

take a look in the tech support. similar problems have been reported and if you dont find anything ask for help there.

There are some points in HoI3, I would like to see in the next patches, because they handycap IMO the gameplay in later game. It would be nice, if I could handle the puppets much better.
1.) if I release a puppet, I would like to decide, if the puppet get national provinces of my own country or not. The default setting should be, that I save my own provinces and give the rest to the puppets.
2.) I would like to have the possibility to release puppets to be a free country
3.) I would like to have the possibility to inherit the puppet to my own territory
4.) there should be a possibility to transfer each of my provinces which are not national provinces to any other country
5.) my theatres should control puppets as my own territory and/or I want to take control over the complete puppet military.
6.) I would like to AI control my army with my own theatre in the territory of an ally if he accept this (diplomatic)
This are proposials to get more political control and more diplomatic depth to the game espacially in multiplayer. In my opinion this options would make HoI3 nearly perfect.

When I try to register my HOI3, I get "Key already registered".
Who can help me with this issue?
Thanks.
//Alge

Did you get the game used? The previous owner might have had registered already. Try contacting Kallocain, she might be able to help.

I think that pretty much summarizes my view. With SF, it is certainly is now "playable" (and HOI3 was certainly not... until at least 1.4), however "playable" does not always equal "enjoyable"...

There are certainly enjoyable aspects, or I would not continue play. But outside a few of the major countries, I have no interest in playing the others (and I did in HOI 2). I also play much more infrequently... The fact that they still haven't fixed some of the minor annoyances take away a lot of the flavour... While the "sandbox" concept was an interesting inclusion, it takes away from the realism - which was my motivation to play. At least the ICE mod attempts to address this.

I love HOI3 but I can't believe I Have Stopped playing it all together. There are things missing in HOI3 that were in HOI2, so I decided to give Aod a spin with Iron Cross. Having fun but I wish HOI3 would get better, I do miss HOI3. Why can't we have better statistics in HOI3?:(

Unfortunately I too have stopped playing. I really want to dig into the game again and give it another try... but am waiting for the next patch. Really disappointed that it has been over two months since the last hotfix. Understand that a patch is ready when it is ready, but need to at least drop a hit when the next update is coming. If not, going to be a hard sell to be an early adopter of Paradox games in the future. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.