• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
# Units
- Its no longer possible to explore open seas before you have the Quest for the New World idea.

Does this mean Portugal can't use its initial explorers? And what about Norway?

# Units
- Its no longer possible to explore open seas before you have the Quest for the New World idea.

Does this mean Portugal can't use its initial explorers? And what about Norway?
Open seas mean seas that don't border a land province so Portugal can go East by going around Africa while exploring everything even up to Siberia but can't go West before getting QftNW(which it takes early anyway). AI Norway takes a while to start colonizing and by then it should have gotten the open seas leading to the New World revealed so won't really make a difference to them.

- Can now join a league even if you have a truce with the Emperor.
This is short of false, in my current ironman Hesse game, I was able to join the league only resulting in me getting kicked out of it at the start of the next month.
Thanks to this carbage, league never went to war (Because they were too weak, france would have joined with me and I saw ottomans rejoining EVERY month and getting kicked out of it...) and now catholism is the main religion forever... great, game ruined.

Wiz said:
- Removed Byzantine Cores on Chios, Naxos, Trebizond and Corfu to try and keep it from constantly popping up again after annexation.
Is this historical? I can see Byz having lost its core on Trebizond, but then again same culture cores takes a really long time to lose.

Client states

So many irrelevant fixes but client states units are still all the same level one units with spear?
And I guess client states of horde culture still can't advance in military except for artillery.

Many good news but this:
"Removed Byzantine Cores on Chios, Naxos, Trebizond and Corfu to try and keep it from constantly popping up again after annexation."

If i may. I think it's a wrong and non-historical answer to a larger problem.

Islands usually go away because it's hard to make amphibious warfare and inconvenient to keep army on theirs.
Another thing is the difficulty to face revolt when your country has only one territory: because you can't increase autonomy on the capital, your tiny army is usually wiped out be the revolt and you can't rise a new army from another territory.
Naxos and Corfu combined the two problems, Chiros is the fornlorn island of a "kit form" country, and Trebizond is a single territory state usually sucked in everlasting and endless wars.

But in fact you can easyly extend the issue to Chyprus, Rhodes, Corsica, Gotland, etc...
Rhodes, even with the +2 bonus from Knight tradition, no overextension and no war trouble still have 6,25% of unrest. Even with the rhodian army on the island and +3 stability you still have 2,5% of indomitable unrest.
The country is stuck in an ever warning policy and constant use of harsh punishment.

To my point of view, a better way to deal with this is a two (or three) part solution:
- Every capital province should have an unrest bonus, +2 for example
. It makes political and historical sense, it compensates the impossibility to increase autonomy on capitals and it's a salvation for countries with only one territory.
- Isolated territories should have a specific handle of their autonomy. For example, 2 or 3 times quicker (10/15 years instead of 30 years) and with more impact on the territory (-15/+15 instead of -10/+10). It also makes political and historical sense as countries usually give large and scalable autonomy to their islands and dominions with no core neighbour to avoid having to maintain order by force.
- (Another point may be to reduce the chances of a random revolt event if a country holds only one territory.)

If you take this two (or three) points together there will be far less "constantly popping up" of "Chios, Naxos, Trebizond and Corfu"... without removing any strategical and historical core !
And in addition you also help resolving the others "constantly popping up" islands, small or sliced countries problems of the game.

For exemple if you focus on Geneva. Ligurie will be safer and all territories might be given strong autonomy during harsh times but potential recovery after, because they are all isolated. That will help Geneva from crushing down due to revolts after loosing a war, wich is ordinary the case.
Of course if Geneva give autonomy twice in a row (10 years and 10 years) the country will lose all is economical presence in some areas, but as a fragmanted multicultural and multireligious empire which most of the incomes came from trade, keeping revolts low is far more important than taxes.

Ps: Sorry for the poor quality of my English.

Last edited:
Check whether any issues found are fixed in 1.11 . If not log a new Bug Report please.

Status
Not open for further replies.