• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe with the file Crusader Kings II/Achievements/Achievements.txt? :)

It was something that was done, but we had to cut, as Connect was not compatible anymore.

I love the arguments about DLC.

Honestly, if Paradox kept making stuff that was justifiable to pay for, I'd keep buying! (More HoI3 expansions pls)

And please, for the love of God, stop presuming that in the case of polygamous characters, one wife will be "main wife". There never ever existed any such concept anywhere in the Islamic world; on the contrary, there's pretty universal agreement among Islamic scholars and jurists that all co-wives are equal in standing, and that a polygamous man is required to act accordingly. That doesn't, of course, prevent a man from showing favouritism, but grant an official position? Wouldn't fly.

I suppose that, for the purpose of determining bonuses to ruler stats, only one wife would count, selected in whatever way (probably either first or most competent), but please devs, no "main wife" nonsense.

The mother of the heir would have higher status than other wives, even if it was not official. Also, many Muslim rulers had concubines, which did not count towards 4 wives limit. But their children were considered legitimate and were in the line of succession.

I don't know. Rome2? :)

I think they will get more features, but not be playable. The game is about dynasty, so it would take a lot of work to do republics well, but I don't doubt that it would be a whole new dimension to gameplay.

Given that some republics in periods (Medici Florence) have been de facto hereditary then ... admittedly first starting out in the tailend of the game but

About Islam and wifes. I think since wifes doesn't have a say in islamic world no stats sould be added to player from his wifes at all.

Where did you get that information? This game is not based in the dark ages of Islam that we have now but in the late golden age of Islam, where women had a great influence over their men as well great wealth.

Please, for the love of everything holy, stop using the word entitled. You haven't used it right. NO one who has used it when it comes to gamers has used it right. period. So stop using it.

I guess you're entitled to your opinion no matter how hysterical and pompous it makes you sound. I suggest a mild sedative and advise caution before casting aspersions on others grammar, considering your own is less than perfect. You may complain that I too am guilty of taking this discussion off topic but perhaps you should have considered that before making your supercilious outburst. Cheers.

Given that some republics in periods (Medici Florence) have been de facto hereditary then ... admittedly first starting out in the tailend of the game but

There's also the whole of Iceland (until 1262) and the government form of the Igbo people of western Africa (just outside the current map) at the time of the default game start of 1066. But republics need a whole lot of new game mechanics - chiefly different internal politics and trade - for them to work properly, so they aren't quite as easy to include. They also don't often have "dynasties" to play.

I guess you're entitled to your opinion no matter how hysterical and pompous it makes you sound. I suggest a mild sedative and advise caution before casting aspersions on others grammar, considering your own is less than perfect. You may complain that I too am guilty of taking this discussion off topic but perhaps you should have considered that before making your supercilious outburst. Cheers.

This conversation is to end now.

Steamworks is DRM.
It is not working sucsesfully as DRM for years alredy.
Only if we redefine the word "bonus" and apply the ever-fun "slippery slope" argument. I suppose this is the kind of thing the devil's advocate might do, but I would rather you didn't :p It would also require the company in question to make a poor decision, as it does you no good to discourage late buyers, more sales are always good. Ideally you want anyone who comes late to see the pre-order bonus and feel "aww, that would have been neat, I should look out for the pre-order on their next game", not "why even bother if I don't get the Bloodsplosion Rifle?!(TM), the game is pointless without it."
Wouldin be good to allow late adopters to buy pre-order bonuses?

While i can understand the argument about bonus-punishment, the inability to get content the other persons have is a restriction.
IS it really needed?

And if the only way to get content Y is to steal it, wouldn`t it encourage people to do so?

:)

(...) The game is about dynasty, so it would take a lot of work to do republics well, but I don't doubt that it would be a whole new dimension to gameplay.

Who told that republic dynasty can't be strong and famous ? Look on Orseolo family. Three of them were doges and one of them became King of Hungary twice (he lost his crown)...

About expansion, plans are great... My curious how this exactly will look like...

Last edited:
Wouldin be good to allow late adopters to buy pre-order bonuses?

While i can understand the argument about bonus-punishment, the inability to get content the other persons have is a restriction.
IS it really needed?

And if the only way to get content Y is to steal it, wouldn`t it encourage people to do so?
You can buy the CKII preorder bonuses, with the exception of the fancy forum avatars.

It was ment to sound ironically, sorry for bad joke. Up until 20th century islam womens generally had more rights than western womens exept right of inheritance if I remember corectly.

Probably something Steam has added for the fun of it?:p

Actually i remember some dev post about how we can expect achievement's patched in later and by later he meant not a hotfix , but few months or so.Ill try and find the post.

EDIT: Found it , http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2543454&highlight=Achievements

Paradox__rep said:
There are currently no achievements in the game, not by oversight, but intentional. They will come later, and by that, I don't mean in a hotfix, it will be a while. Sorry, I know lots of you enjoy achievements, I do too, but we had to focus elsewhere for this game to be as good as we could make it on release!

So i am still waiting for my achievements :closedeyes:

Last edited:
Well, to be honest, rulers' wives had absolutely no official, instituted power in any place in the game era and region. Whatever power individual wives may have had was delegated to them by their husband the ruler. And the stat bonus a ruler gets from a spouse might not necessarily have to be from actual power-sharing, it could also (and is probably mostly meant to) represent the advantage of having a close confidante to brainstorm with.