• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Where did we promise achievements?
In the first official stream at 1:01:30 you personally said that there were plans for achievements at the release. It's not a promise, but for me it was very close to it. I even started a thread encouraged by that statement. I was a little disappointed after the release when I found out that achievements are missing, but thanks to the quality of the game this feeling was quickly gone.
It was something that was done, but we had to cut, as Connect was not compatible anymore.
Too bad, let's hope they will be implemented properly at some point later on, in a free patch or even in a DLC, I would definitely buy that one - but to be honest I will probably buy all DLCs ;-D

Also, now that we're talking about different dynamics for different religions, devs, are there any plans to change the way clerical characters interact with the feudal system outside the Catholic world? Having clerics as direct landed vassals is really only accurate for the Catholic world. Nothing similar really existed in the Islamic world, and afaik not in the Orthodox either. Islamic clerics in the game era were very influential as granters and revokers of rulers' legitimacy, and could make and unmake rulers, but there are virtually no cases of clerics sitting in the seat of power themselves. The game treats a caliph as an emperor-level clerical ruler, but that's not exactly accurate either. A caliph's jurisdiction is over secular matters, he doesn't have any power to establish religious dogma or arbitrate religious controversies.

Who told that republic dynasty can't be strong and famous ? Look on Orseolo family. Three of them were doges and one of them became King of Hungary twice (he lost his crown)...

About expansion, plans are great... My curious how this exactly will look like...

I have no problem with it. It would just take some sizable adjustments to the current game, which is based entirely on controlling counties. I would welcome the opportunity to play a republican faction (let's say three per starting republic maybe).

@Sian: I mentioned elsewhere that I would like to see a Renaissance expansion that would include republics and the like, maybe going up to the early 1500s, and focused on the Mediterranean (my preference). I would handle the Medicis in Florence as papal vassals (such as they were) but for now as feudal dukes maybe with special modifiers and a locked-in open succession law. The problem I see is if you lose the election, then you would at least have to hold a county to keep playing. Just some ideas, for now, of course.

Take my money. :)

+1

edit: and in regards to "Achievements" please do not waste any considrable time on this as I believe that the majority of PDX playerbase rather see that effort put towards content and polish.

Cheers
looking forward very much to polygamy :wub:

Last edited:
In the first official stream at 1:01:30 you personally said that there were plans for achievements at the release. It's not a promise, but for me it was very close to it. I even started a thread encouraged by that statement. I was a little disappointed after the release when I found out that achievements are missing, but thanks to the quality of the game this feeling was quickly gone.

Too bad, let's hope they will be implemented properly at some point later on, in a free patch or even in a DLC, I would definitely buy that one - but to be honest I will probably buy all DLCs ;-D

+1

please add achievements, maybe as dlc and steam only (since there is an achievement system in steam)

I actually also don't care about achievements but please consider to contact Steam and tell them to remove the informationen that the game got achievements. So people will stop complaining about this.

As the achievments are already written they only need to turn them on.

Sure they wouldn't have paradox conect to keep them safe. And people could cheat to get them. But those of us who like achievements could also play legitimatly to get them. And as no one else could see what we had it wouldn't matter who cheated and who didn't. As for steam, some games on steam have their own achievments that aren't shared on steam, Mass Effect 2 for example.

Seems a pretty easy feature to introduce to me :)

Wow, okay, well, 12 pages of discussion, and I couldn't be bothered to read it all. I read the final page and see we're quite derailed, and bring us back to the subject with this and only this:

What does 25% grapes mean!?

Check out that screenshot in the OP

No. GG version will always have the ingame store solution.

Could we have an explanation as to why that is? I've asked that in a previous thread and didn't get a response. This is unlike other products that are sold at GG, and is doubly annoying since you cannot necessarily buy the exact number of blue coins you want (and people who just joined GG can't buy them, period without gaining "XP") and thus have to spend extra money to buy things like the Ruler Designer DLC.

Edit: Actually, I withdraw the question partially, because upon rechecking I note you actually can buy the DLCs through GG with real money again (including a collection pack with all the DLCs), which is good although I don't recall any announcement about it. Thank you!

That leaves me a little confused about your statement, however, Balor. Do you mean the Sword Of Islam DLC will not be buyable with real money at GG, even though the other DLCs now are?

Last edited:
yeah, Civ5 has over 200+ achievements but it still sucks compared to CK2.

I've played Civ5 on steam for free for one weekend so I can compare. Civ5 is unfinished for me.
I can't even imagine how THAT could have so many good ratings from the critics, however...
so don't waste your time in achievements PI, it doesn't worth it.
make a relics DLC rather :p

I can't even imagine how THAT could have so many good ratings from the critics

many critics are payed for, it's a known fact in the business, titles released by the big 2 (EA & Activision) always get a +20% bonus from the critics on their products

About Islam and wifes. I think since wifes doesn't have a say in islamic world no stats sould be added to player from his wifes at all.

That´s not true today and it was not true then. There are examples of Female regents (for minors) and I think also rulers in muslim nations in those days. Also note that it´s not the wife that adds to the ruler but the 'spouse'. Female rulers do exist you know, bot in christian and muslim nations.

Make the red sea navigable please!!

Very good point, as all those southern seas aren't navigable you can't build ports there either.

Very good point, as all those southern seas aren't navigable you can't build ports there either.
The AI can't handle it unless you connect it to the rest of the ocean though, so you have to connect the red sea to the Mediterranean via Suez even though the channel was build long after CKII's timeframe.
(I do consider this a small sacrifice compared to the benefits of making the Arabian sea navigable though)

The AI can't handle it unless you connect it to the rest of the ocean though

hmm why not?
if I have the troops in Island or Sardinia let say, the AI can handle the isolated lands and I can't send my islanders by foot in france let say.
in the same way the AI could handle the isolated seas for the ships! or am I missing something??