• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

durecellrabbit

Fuzzy Tree
97 Badges
Apr 6, 2005
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
The Timurid Empire​

I'm using AGC-EEP on normal/coward becuase I'm a coward and I don't want to go any lower than normal as everone seems to play on very hard. I'm playing the Timurid Empire. My goal is to become the Mughal Empire and survive untill the end of game.

There once was a land know as Mongolia. A happy place where its people lived in peace surround by cute fluffy animals and trees. Of couse good things never last and the people of Mongolia found themselves beset by the evil of the known unknowns. However they were saved. A young boy Temüjin or as he later came to be known as Genghis Khan rallied the people of Mongolia and taught them two important lessons. The best defence is swift retreat and the second best defence is a good offensive.

Mongolia before the known unknowns came.

Following these lessons Genghis Khan lead his people out of Mongolia and happily headed west conquering everything in their way. Tragedy stuck though. Genghis Khan was unfortunately mortal and did infact die. Following his death the people of Mongolia set a few small empire and life went on. One such Empire was the Timurid Empire. Founded by the Mongolian warlord Timur, his empire covered Central Asia and Iran.

A statue of Timur on a horse.

Timur made a big mistake though. He named his empire after himself and empires named after themselfs never last. Following his death in 1405, the Timurid Empire started to break apart. In 1419 the Timurid Empire is now ruled by well famous Shah Rukh.

The rather unoriginal Timurid Empire in 1419.

Last edited:
Nice, my old favorites showing up in an AAR! You have my attention!

Saulta

Very cool, I'll be following :)

This is great!

This is a really neglected part of EUII, at least in the AAR forum, so Im really looking foward to see how it progresses. But just dont get too attached to those territories ;) and dont get discouraged when the world is falling around you

Timurids! Allways a pleasure. You have quite a numer of choices before you in the AGCEEP, a lot of them bad. Good luck!

Nope, I don't know very much about the Timurids. Nothing really bad has happened yet. Just one stab down event and I think it's random. I've played enough for a update but I'm trying to write something that I'm happy with and is funny. I'm finding it hard though but I'll get there :).

Interesting premices, indeed. You can trust Duke of Wellington: the Golden Horde is not exactly a walk in the park either. :cool:

Regarding the settings, warmongers generally prefer Very Hard / Furious because it's actually easier to conquer the world ;) . Provided you survive in the begining, of course...

I will be following this, and dont worry about playing on normal/coward. I only play on normal/normal and i've been here since 2001! Hehe..

The Rule of Shah Rukh.​

Shah Rukh looked out over balcony of his royal palace. Streched out before him was the desolate land of his empire. The supposed wealth of his kingdom was a myth, spread by shi'ite rebel in the hope the others more supportive of their beliefs might invade. It had worked, the western edge of his empire had been taken and his treasury left with only a handful of chocolate coins.

I probably could'nt afford this

Attempts to recover from the financial situation the Timurids found themselves in were of made. Shah Rukh had sent out many Hashshashin throughout Europe. Their goal was to infiltrate traditional Christian book buring festivals and recover the lost Roman knowledge of tax collecting. Improvements in the army were being made as well. The offensive doctrine was being updated, military experts were convinced this would help with the first and secend best defence lessons.

Why Yemen?

Looking out into the north Shah Rukh noticed a thick white fog covering the land. Grabbing his Frickin' sweet crown, he jumped on his elephant and headed out to explore. As he arrived in the north, the mists parted revealing Khiva and leaving a dissapointed Monarch. On the way back Shah Rukh bumped into old friends from Chagatai. They were not too happy to see him, something about his dad trying to kill them.

Somehow I just don't associate this with a "realm".

Shah Rukh returned home to find his capital in uproar. The nobles were busy killing each other over a elephant polo game and the peasants had stoped working to build bunker ahead of the coming meteore shower. Reports of war from the east and west started coming in as well. In the east Delhi had come to war with some other country. In the west the Black Sheep Turks had invaded a innocent Iraq and her ally.

:(

Kara Koyunlu is a bully.

It was quickly decided that a war would help unite the country, although this proved false due to some religious nonsense. War with Kara Koyunlu soon followed. It was over soon, the province of Trabiz just happened to "remember" they were part of the Timurid Empire and switched sides. A few dashing elephant charges later and both sides decided on a white peace. Iraq was not so lucky and was soon annexed.

I won, I won!

I need more money. I only get like 20 a year and I can't even afford tax collectors. Also how come the AI gets so many troop? They most have had at least 20k more than me, at least they just ignored me. What should I research, I've doing stability for the past 4 years?

Good start. You may try minting to buy tax collectors, but preferably loot your enemies and demand money.

durecellrabbit said:
I need more money. I only get like 20 a year and I can't even afford tax collectors. Also how come the AI gets so many troop? They most have had at least 20k more than me, at least they just ignored me. What should I research, I've doing stability for the past 4 years?
infra/trade. Only way you're gonna get rich is with tax collectors and trade. Atleast for the next 50 years. ;)