• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jon

Captain
5 Badges
Jan 30, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
I am Spanish so my english is not very good sorry if I make many incoherent phrases, lack's and mistake's. I written this AAr in the spanish forum too. This it is my first AAR, and I am 14 years old so that so he will leave, although good the writing aid of the institute does not gain at least something is something.

I have taken teutons since I have not seen any AAR written on them in spanish and it seems to me a very interesting nation. Game in normal difficulty with aggressiveness of the IA in loss

Thus that good I hope that you like to any suggestion, aid or constructive critic will be welcome.

I, the master Ludwin van Berreen today promote 21 of right March of 1422 as hand of the king of the great Teutonic Order gentlemen of Scandinavian Europe by own right.

The new monarch promoted young person to his position, as the great majority of monarchs he more did not know to read, nor tapeworm literary knowledge, but if certain ability with the mathematics that I taught i myself to him when i was young. More too young was the monarch and was marked by the madness that seemed its father back time he as disease that took it to the tomb, and as if they were not sufficient reasons were rumored that it was a hereditary madness that passed in certain generations of teutonic kings. Is more than rumors? it said me to my same one but it could not avoid to think that the rumor had part of reason since many teutons kings of the last generations had seemed madnesses, so for a next future the king could seem it.

But before it had more important subjects that to solve the monarch not yet it had no son not even was married, only tapeworm sisters and some nieces, it had to solve that subject with urgency. The king would accept any wife whenever not outside the countries that belonged tetonic order by right at your service. I extended map on my table and I watched a lot of nations which there was in Europe, which long ago single they were of the Sacred Roman Empire, that made him watch in the italian countries but that alliance would serve as rather little since it was a too distant country. It had liked to marry to him with some great nations like Castile, Austria, France or England but that was impossible since the Teutonic order was a very distant and cold country and of little importance. To think about that made me remove the guts and I give a kick to the table. Aaargghh! the great nation that we had been the Teutons.

It saw it suddenly there as if outside there as if outside the head of Europe: Denmark. Everything was advantages: It was a country of importance with two great vasallize that would be to them very useful if they really wanted to return to control sui part of Scandinavian Europe. In addition it was rumored that the women of were very beautiful there... but?No is more than rumors? I returned to repeat itself. I ran to look for the king, always would need its approval.

I say it again i'm Spanish so my english isn't very good so forgive me i've i do a lot of mistakes.

Hello- I know a bit of Spanish but not too much; I will look at your AAR in the Spanish forums and see if I can help a little. :)

...upon trying to read the AAR in original Spanish, I have come to the conclusion that my Spanish stinks. Sorry :(

Jon- the parts which I understand (en el AAR espanol y el AAR ingles) are very good; if you can get a good translator this will be a good AAR, and I will be reading! Buena suerte!

Last edited:
The AAR is translated by me. If somebody can to give to me to the Web of a good translator very would be thanked for him.
Or you can say me what part you do not understand i can try to that it is understood.

Don¡t worry Hajji Giray I my english stinks too :rofl:

(Emphasis added to quotation)
Jon said:
The new monarch promoted young person to his position, as the great majority of monarchs he more did not know to read, nor tapeworm literary knowledge, but if certain ability with the mathematics that I taught i myself to him when i was young.

But before it had more important subjects that to solve the monarch not yet it had no son not even was married, only tapeworm sisters and some nieces, it had to solve that subject with urgency.

I think these are the passages Troggle had in mind. I am guessing that "tapeworm" means something like "useless"? I don't know how this reads in Spanish but it just seems bizarre in English. Still, to write in a second language is very difficult and I salute you for your efforts. Once you actually get to writing about game events maybe we will understand it better. :)

It seems that the culprit is the Spanish word "tenia", which is in the original Spanish AAR and translates on Altavista's translater as "tapeworm". Unfortunately, my usually comprehensive Oxford Spanish Dictionary doesn't have "tenia" in it, so I can't translate.

I think I know.

ni tenia conocimientos literarios,
nor tapeworm literary knowledge,

"nor did he have literary knowledge,"

sólo tenia hermanas y algunas sobrinas
only tapeworm sisters and some nieces,

"he only had sisters and some nieces,"

I'm fairly sure tenía is a third person singular, past-tense conjugation of the verb tener (to have) (That's why your dictionary doesn't have it, Hajji, but probably has tener :) ).

The word actually translated correctly when the "í" was accented, such as here:

el rumor tenía parte de razón
the rumor had part of reason

Last edited:
Dont get discourage Jon. Even if english isnt your native tounge, well neither mine :rolleyes: writing AARs gives you an excellent oppertunity to practise your english writing ;)

I suggest you read through some of the english AARs already written, if you havent done that already. With time I guess you will see/learn the grammar more correctly. Besides no one picks on you for having a few grammatic errors, if that would be the case I would have been brought away to the executioner long time ago ;) :rolleyes: :D

Nice job, keep writing, it is the only way to develop your use of the language. Good to see another AAR about the Teutonic Order :)

Jon, just keep it up, even if it sometimes becomes funny :)

Thats part of the learning process :)

You might want to chat with Lucius Sulla in the Spanish Forum, he transleted his AARs to English.. he may have some good dictionaries online?

V (moderator)

Well, Jon! It's your first English AAR and look at all the attention you are getting! I'm jealous! :D :cool:

As to the online translators, Jon, I translated a paragraph from El Mundo from Spanish to English and back to Spanish on a web site. Here's the result:
The ORIGINAL said:
El ciudadano español que llevaba más de dos años detenido en la base estadounidense de Guantánamo, Hamed Abderrahman, alias 'Hmido', ha llegado esta noche a la base aérea de Torrejón de Ardoz (Madrid), y a las 22.00 ya se encontraba en la Audiencia Nacional, en manos del juez Baltasar Garzón, según informaron fuentes judiciales.
From this
To this:
ONLINE TRANSLATOR said:
El ciudadano español que tomó más de dos años pararon en la base americana de Guantánamo, Hamed Abderrahman, alias ' Hmidó, ha llegado esta noche la base aérea de Torrejón de Ardoz (Madrid), y en 22.00 él estaba ya en la audiencia nacional, en las manos del juez Balthasar Garzón, según fuentes judiciales informadas.
There are a lot of small differences, but they make a difference!

Well,the result isn't very bad ;) . What website is?. Maybe it can be useful.