• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tedski

Sergeant
66 Badges
Jun 5, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
I'm a beginner so this is played on Very Easy/Normal.

Right well where do we begin - yep the start is a good place.

Well what can I say? Mr Selassie had ideas about World Conquest and heard that I was the man for the job so he invited me to Ethiopia for a chat. He made it sound so good and after a good old drinking session I became his right hand man.:rofl:

It was only the next morning (January 1st 1936) that I suddenly realised the horror of my predicament - CERTAIN DEATH!

I was expecting a little time to get the economy on track, to then improve the armed forces and pick on a few small Nations before the fun began - FAT CHANCE!

We were at war with Mussolini's Italy! One of the most power mad nations in the World.

Here was the state of affairs with the enemy seriously out-numbering us. :mad:

start.jpg

Last edited:
So with my headache from the hangover I informed Selassie that to be blunt, we needed help right now or the Italians were just going to overun us.

He agreed and put the question... "Who?"

Britain was out of the question as democracy was not exactly our forte and Russia was too far away so it had to Hitler's Germany.

I was very impressed on how he'd ressurected his broken country and so suggested to Halassie that for right now we should be seen to be a little bit more authoritarian.

politicalchange.jpg

Hopefully this would convince Hitler in the future that we were as fascist as them and that might be enough to persuade him to help us. It would give him a good excuse to test out his new armies on a weaker opponent.

Last edited:
Being a country with absolutely no money in reserve I felt we had to save a little to impress Hitler. So we saved and saved and saved even to the point of our military being told that under no circumstances were they getting any reinforcements for now and to grin and bear it!

moneyneeded.jpg

We could not afford to produce anything or research anything or make supplies. Our goal was just money.

Perhaps a moderator should move this to the AAR sub-forum.

But otherwise, good luck.

"Just exactly what kind of cash are we trying to save here?" asked Selassie.

Well erm... We need to look flushed and we send a pretty decent delegation to Berlin so er...

42needed.jpg

It'll take a while. In the meantime I want to see common sense retreats and counter attacks because we cannot under any circumstances currently take them face on.

Last edited:
With Ethiopia at war with a superior enemy trades with other nations would be extremely difficult but I did come up with an idea...

needmoremoneyfast.jpg

With the South African's help it might be possible to get to Berlin a little quicker. We need money so gave them the kind of deal they could not say no too. Hopefully our stock of supplies would hold up and we wouldn't have to start producing them ourselves.

Hehe... good luck. This would seem to be quite a challenge, especially since just starting out you're facing Italy which is much stronger than you.

subscribed
but shouldn't this be in the AAR forum?
anyway, good luck

Ya this is definitely in the wrong place :rofl:... but a Mod will move it soon I'm sure (once one wakes up).

Good Luck! It will be a challenge

Eleven days later Denakil falls.

denakilfalls.jpg

Its an irrelevent piece of land. Completely useless to us and in any case there would be no way to get there quick enough to save it. Basically my orders are to let the Italians come and then when they have thinned out pick them off guerilla style. :rolleyes:

Cheers guys. :)

Lt Gen Imru took it upon himself to push on into Dire Dawa. He didn't make it though as I took him to task with a warning about slicing his head off slowly. :eek:

imrutakestoenemy.jpg

This was followed by our first serious strategic withdrawal. The attack on Dese left us outnumbered so we withdrew to the capital.

deseretreat.jpg

The Italians were pushing on much quicker than I'd expected. We needed to start hitting them soon or start learning Italian.

Good luck. I have never tried it on easy, but I have never won as ethiopia.

I've moved this thread to the HOI-2 AAR Forum.

If you wanted to earn some money for Diplo action, you shouldn't try to get it by producing excess Consumer Goods, unless you are totally isolated, without a trade-partner... you can earn about EIGHT times as much per IC invested by producing Supplies instead and trading them for money.

Nah, it is possible to hold out. I read of people succeeding before. Just hold on till Allied join the war...

Cheers guys thanks for reading. :eek:o

Then came a stark reminder that we are under attack from the East as well as Ogaden fell. Once again its a piece of worthless land too far away to protect. :p

ogadenfalls.jpg

However then comes a glimpse of the sun rising over the horizon.

axisapplication.jpg

All that hard work, savings and sacrifices and it came down to a 32% chance of some sort of salvation.

When we first sat around the table with the Fuhrer he didn't seem too keen on accepting an alliance with one of if not the poorest nation on the planet. He had nothing to gain. Then he seemed to be a little more relaxed on the idea when I pointed out he could test his new army out on weaker opposition with the premise that he was defending a sovereign nation.

So we came back to Ethiopia with fingers crossed...

YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

axisjoined.jpg