• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OAM

GDI Commander
68 Badges
May 17, 2006
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
I am proud to announce version .5 of the Command and Conquer: Red Alert Mod. I started this so could make a AAR out of the time line, but decided to release it to the public too. Here is the basic info.

Features: Set up along the lines of the command and conquer red alert universe, for those who don't know, it means Hitler was eliminated in 23, Germany eventualy got over its troubles, and the Soviets invade a Allied Europe.

1) No Axis, most countires allied.

2) Super starting tech, to reflect the technology of command and conquer red alert.

3) The balance from red alert. Soviets rule the land and air, but allies are unstopable at sea.

4) Pacific war included. Despite not being in the red alert games, they do hint that it is there in many ways. Japan events are mostly unmodified from the vanilla HOI2/DD

However, you may be wondering what's up with the version .5? Simple. It is in need of testing, I already know two people who would like to test it with me, and they will recive it shortly. I also need comments from people like YOU! I only have 10 or so events right now (half of witch being from the stock game), so ideas for that as well as other things are welcome!

Screenshots shall follow in a few minutes!

And tanks to the guys who helped me sort out my error, putting it in a new file helped.

Last edited:
1) Europe 1936. Not much is changed, but Germany is still the Republic.

2) Soviet tank tech. They are very far into the tech here to represent their heavy tanks.

3) The Soviets arn't as advanced as the allies in industry, but they are decent. I didn't want to have jets flying around right off the bat, but the Soviets are on the verge of getting practical turbojet to represent the MIGs from Red Alert.

Requests for more pics are welcome!

Whoa, this could be interesting, Red Alert is still one of my favorites. Have you included some of the original music in this (if doing so is even legal)? Hellmarch at the opening title screen rocks!

Last edited:
JeffSteel - I could, I have all the red alert mp3s because I extracted them lol.

Gigalocious - Yes, 53 accoding to the timeline, but hey, creative licence. Thats why I bosted the tech alot though in areas like computers, but mainly it has been adapted for 36 (actual war starts in 38, with events mainly due to how well you progress)

Osteles - I gave them high up tank tech, to simulate teh heavy tanks.

Gigalocious - Well, its mainly RA1, I don't think I could ever add units from RA2 as they are so wacky, but I could definatly edit the model names in the future to have RA names.

I've been playing a test game, and found things I've overlooked already, good things this is .5 lol. For one, I think its a good idea to get rid of that low SOV GDE and bost it to normal. Second, I'm giving Finland the choice of Mil acsess instead of being invaded with the rest of the non-allied countires. And thrid, I completly forgot the baltics! I can solve all of these easlily though, already solved the GDE actualy.

What I mainly would like is ideas for events. I'mthinking about a "you captured the cronosphere" event that gives you random tech if you invade the Swiss (thats where it looks like the map was at for that first mission.

Well I thought up a few more events, what do you think.

Since Norway is an allied nation, but the Soviets don't have a route of attack their, I was thinking they can get a choice as the the rotue they take.

1) Wait till they get Denmark and take Sweeden.

2) Take Finland, but Finland has the option of submiting to millitary acsess or joining their alliance or something.

3) Take both. (has some penalties)

Around the time one of my events fire, probably the one asking weather or not to invade the Balkasn and Baltics, a choice like that will fire, and triger an event that can go off sometime to set in motion that corse of action.

WOW very interesting mod. But C&C Red Alert or C&C Red Alert 2 or Both. And Allice have good land units too. So Japan will be Allice too.
Nice Mod, I will look at it. Good Job.

Dogget said:
WOW very interesting mod. But C&C Red Alert or C&C Red Alert 2 or Both. And Allice have good land units too. So Japan will be Allice too.
Nice Mod, I will look at it. Good Job.

Can't realy figure out what you are trying to say but I think I get it.

Its Red Alert 1, as Red Alert 2 is a bit outlandish, and hard to do in HOI2, I doubt they ever thought people would want the ability to mind control or attack with Giant Squids lol.

The allies land units aren't BAD per sey, but they are behind in tank tech and such. Docotrines are switched around a bit too, because in RA, the Soviets were very firepower focused, so that is what they were. The allies are on mobility focus to represent the fast speedy units they had.

Japan is as it was historicaly, beacuse as you can see in RA2, the Iwo Jima monument and the memorial for the USS Nevada is still there, so the US still fought a Pacific war.

Yes, what was I thinking, a giant Squids, but will be fun to see this thing in action. So I get it onley RA MOD. Very good idea.

New version .55, but still not released because I need ideas from people like YOU.

Changes:

-Fixed some bugs and oversights, such as forgeting the Baltics existed :rofl:

-Added a new event chain involving how the USSR would get to Norway, as it is in the Allies. In turn, thre are many options for Finland, with a winter war happining 1/2 the time, except it won't end with just giving up two provinces.

Like US. If I can help with something just say it. But I't very bad at coding events, and all other stuff, so if you have some work without coding count on me.

Well, this is actualy working good, first set of events that nothing went wrong, and considering there are four new ones, I'm proud of myself. They did need a bit reworking of the AI chance for each choice, but that is trivial. I reworked it once because the AI always DOWed Sweeden to get to Norway, but I had it set at 15 percent to do that :rofl: . I re-did the chances and its closer to what I want now, but whats wrong now is a matter of my opion, i'll wait till I release it and get your opions to change that much more. Here are some test results.

First test (first draft of events)

Sweeden DOWed by SOV to get to Norway, 70 % of the time.
Sweeden and Finland DOWed by SOV, 30 % of the time.

I didn't like this, as put together, those only equal 25 percent of the chance, and only used one of the 4 events I made.

Second test (revised chances)

Finland allies with SOV, 20 %
Finland gives mil access to SOV, 20 %
Winter war, 60 percent of the time (surprisingly all from alliance refusal and not the other two ways to get it)

I only did 10 tests, so I'm sure you can get the other options eventual, especialy if you play as SOV as they have the most choices.

I also worked out a release system. I will release the core of the game in a file called "core". It will have all the files that won't change, like pics, skins, country files, etc. Then, every time an update comes, I'll release the "Update (version) file. It will have all the events and ai changes, witch are basicly the things being updated.

And it will be like .exe or what??

So we have to replace the files from "Core" whit this from "UpDate". But the mod will be for DD of HoI2