• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Solo_Adhémar

Major
19 Badges
Sep 7, 2005
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Solo's heraldic pack

Metallic heraldry mod
by Solo

smalladhemar2.gif

This mod uses vector drawing and metallic texture to give a different look to all arms in Crusader Kings.
Progressively updating all arms with better proposal fitting medieval heraldry is the other objective of the mod.

Preview :

Image4.jpg

Download summary :

Part 1

Update 1

Update 2

Update 3

Update 4

Update 5

Update 6

Update 7

Update 8

Update 9

Update n° 10 - 29/01/06

Update n° 11 - 14/04/06

---------------

Complete pack (21.10.05)

image4.jpg

---------------

Original post :

Hi all

First post here but ive watched, downloaded and enjoyed many of the ressources posted here. I myself started to mod the game in the area of my daily work, heraldry. I was not going to finish what i started but i thought people could be interested in it, so well i post a screenshot and if a few people want the pack i'll do the effort (may even want to complete it but not for me obviously) coz its always a bit sad to delete things without even offering them first.
I think i finished about half the pack (400 or so, i could check exactly) but some need to be reworked and the others to be done. And heres a screenshot of a few exemples of what it looked like so far.

Last edited:
thanks guys

comments are positive for now so i keep posting samples

preview2.jpg

from left to right : viennois, urgell, warwick, angouleme, county of bourgogne, argyll, hainaut, blois (chatillon), duchy of bourgogne, bragance, lorraine, montpellier(majorca), orkney, sweden, toulouse

some details to change on a lot of them in fact i was probably drunk when i centered toulouse one for ex :p im not very happy with the crown on the kingdom shield so this could be changed too, if i find a better idea.
but main problem is these doesnt look like default ones so i guess i may have to do the whole pack for that to be usefull

I already was impressed by Gratianus and Birgers work, but these definitely look the best, can't wait till you put them up for us to download.

These are stunningly gorgeous, I'll give you that. lets see some more. :)

Ayeshteni

here's a sample of what it looks like without my textures

exemple3.jpg

first one is old coa with my shield, some looks still good like this one, some doesnt (i think).

norfolk, macon, savoie, boulogne ...

Genève is comparison between the two textures, the vector lines are the same (my color choices doesnt fit i think)
Valais is comparison between default and redone metallic

what i ll probably do is release the pack with the truly finished coa atm, the shield design (some minor details to fix on them tho) and a texture to apply which could allow other people to do the mix themselves with any gfx app (assuming they want to and have the original untextured layer). Just have to make a few tests to do a proper texture conversion between canvasx and psp.

Any updates Solo?
Ayeshteni

Hi all,

Been busy at univ. as you can guess but im continuing this project. Ive gathered a base pack of 300 arms or so as a first step. Remember some of them arent even tested ingame and that ive selected them by previewing my folder only, so i'll need your feedback and every constructive commentary and contribution will be welcome :)

To Birger : Ive included a blank texture for you so you can apply it and have yours look the same. I must say im impressed the way you made the gold shield looks (closer to what color it should be really) and the kingdom shield looks better to me too (i wasnt happy of mine anyway so i vote yours :p ).

Until now ive focused on what i consider the easy part of the work, being the arms which can be blazonned for 12th-14th cent. The harder part is now to give the unrealistic ones some medieval design. Id rather have something that never existed but could have (being reasonable of course) than something anachronistic or simply ridiculous like the ones taken from byzantine iconography or muslim patterns (but i cant blame authors, its simply not possible to give an oriental counterpart to an occidental concept, you have to choose between them)

Part one

Part two

Part three

Well artistically they look great.

Just one thing so far, C368 and C369 are the same COA. Is that correct ?

Edit
Also the COA of the county of Tiberias C773 and Damascus C728. Don't show properly in game. They are a bit of striped grey/white/blackish

Last edited: