• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(2037)

Colonel
Mar 20, 2001
Visit site
External Ledger 1.11

Crusader kings External Ledger (CKL) is an external application that should offer something like the ledger present in most other Paradox games. The time that I can spend improving this utility is very limited, but I will do my best to post improved versions periodically. If you like the idea of external ledger, feel free to use this thread to post your feedback, bugs, tips for enhancement and so on.

Current version: 1.12 - Main download Backup download

Archived version: 1.11a - Main download Backup download

Archived version: 1.11 - Main download Backup download

Archived version: 1.10 - Main download

Archived version: 1.07a - Main download

Install Notes:

Just extract to the Crudader Kings game directory.
It works on normal savegames only - not on scenario files (cannot handle inclusion).
The 1.1 version was tested on CK v 1.04b (April 1st) EN

Functions:
  • Open = opens game file and show the table of stats.
  • Refresh = reopens the last opened file (not saved after program exit).
  • Autorefresh = after a file was opened successfully, the table is refreshed whenever this proggie gets focus (e.g. on Alt-Tab).
  • Autorefresh toggle = toggles the autorefresh feature on or off.
  • Clicking on the column header will sort countries by that key (second click will change the sorting order).
  • Clicking on multiple columns headers multi-level-sorts the list. Reverse order of clicks is used to determine priority of categories for sorting, i.e. the last clicked has the highest priority. Two or more consecutive clicks on the same column header toggles the sort order for that column.
  • Arbitrary character can be "pinned up" to the top of the list by toggling its pinnup flag on. This can be done by clicking on the leftmost column of the row, where the character is. This toggle always maintains the highest level priority for sorting, i.e. selected characters are allways on top. The pinned characters remain pinned through savefile reloads.
  • Positioning the mouse cursor at 1st or 2nd column shows a tooltip with mnore info on the charcter.
  • ID numbers in 'Father' and 'Mother' columns work as hyperlinks leading to the father or mother of hiven character (unless the ID equals zero)
  • Province listings
  • Listings of all titles and their holders - Note: The liege column displays the actual title relationship, not the primary title of a character, i.e. the information can be used to determine which counties will become a part of the newly assigned duchy.
  • List of vasals and their loyalties: Either select character in the 'Character list' or a title in the title list and the vasal list (right table on the title page) will show the vasal list if applicable. Selecting a title will display ALL vasals for the holder of selected title, i.e. including vasals of other titles held by the selected title holder.
  • Column filtering: Records in all main tables can be filtered by the value in one or more column. Just enter the desired condition (like >100) into the filter cell above desired column and see the data filtered.
There are quite useful tips on using CKL further in this thread, so if you feel you can't figure it out read on!
Version history:

version 1.12 (April 28 2005)
  • Included crossversioned "compare culture" feature for events testing that was formerly available in "ckl_compare"
  • Fixed a bug in culture compare output that mistaked original and new culture

version 1.11a (April 11 2005)
  • Fixed application freeze bug introduced in 1.11
  • Swapped the "Married" and "Home" columns in character table to make the former visible without scrolling
  • When resizing column in a table, respective filter table should readjust column widths automatically
  • Added character stats unmodified / modified by traits to tooltip in charcter table
  • Added "Find Excommunicated" and "Find Excommunicated Ruler" commands.

version 1.11 (April 8 2005)
  • Added some more indicators and progress bars
  • Added character title list to tooltip in charcter table
  • Fixed computation of character maturity date for tooltip display and color coding (the formula reflected the bug of earlier versions where character matured in 15.5 years instead of 16)
  • Added menu and "Find Heir" command. It will mark all sons/daughters of ruling character by '#' sign in the character table - usefull when looking for brides that can be usefull for inheritance.

version 1.10 (April 7 2005)
  • Changed the toolbars to provide more info on the button functions
  • Fixed several bugs with the refresh function
  • Fixed some instances of program freezing on exit
  • Added progress bar indication to show what is going on and how long it will take
  • Fixed bug with country Tags not being expanded properly to full names

version 1.07a
  • Fixed the bug causing displaying characters with many traits as traitless

version 1.07
  • Province ownership info was introduced. There are new columns in province table labelled 'Country' and 'Realm'. The first indicate its owner, second his liege or liege of his liege, exactly as displayed in the realm map mode in-game
  • Not actually a feature but note that: Provinces can be filtered by owner/realm either namewise (e.g. 'Bohemia*') or tagwise (e.g. '*[DBOH]')
  • There is now toolbar button that toggles filters on/of, so that if you have set up very complex filter you need not to delete/reset it to view unfiltered list

version 1.06b
  • Filter settings should be remmembered and effective after loading new file /refreshing
  • Names for 1.03 added tags are now displayed correctly

version 1.06a
  • The 'Remove duplicates from vasal list button' now toggles the vassal table style between condensed (each person once) and detailed (each title at separate line) modes
  • Vassal table now correctly shows all titles of a vassal in condensed mode
  • There is now a 'Trait Effects' button toggling, whether the 'raw' or 'traid-modified' character stats are displayed in the character table
  • Title holders have now red background in the character table for quick identification
  • A bug causing a CKL to crash when selecting a line in Title table was fixed

version 1.06
  • Added filters to all columns of all tables. Each main table has an one-row filter table above, where the filter criteria can be entered. Default is '*' (all records). Filtering can be numeric (e.g. '> 100' filters all records with value of that column larger than 100) or text based (e.g. 'Bohem*' find all records with string starting 'Bohem' in that column).
  • Multiple filters for one column are allowed (e.g. '>100 & <200' shows values in range 100 - 200, while '<100 ^ >200' shows values either < 100 or > 200.
  • Added tooltip to filter tables with help text to allowed filter settings
  • Removed the former country filter as it became obsolete due to new filter options
  • Updated the Character table sorting to work similarly as other tables (i.e. Leftclick = primary sorting, SHIFT+Leftclick = secondary, tertiary, ... sorting)
  • Fixed a critical bug causing crash when hovering mouse over footer of some tables

version 1.05
  • Added title list
  • Added vasal list vith loyalties
  • Hopefully corrected bug with color coding in character table if the filter was on

version 1.04
  • Added the 'province' table with tooltips (not the former *province*, which was for development purposes only)
  • Added TAG filter functionality - there is a drop-down list in the toolbar allowing to select any player. Filter button toggles the display between all characters/player characters

version 1.03a
  • Corrected bug in the 'Dynasty' display column
  • Further info added to Character tooltips

version 1.03
  • Added hyperlinks to character parents (see functions section)
  • Added tooltip with traits listing and the exact date of character reaching mature status
  • Added 'culture' and 'religion' columns
  • Current game date of the save is available in the Status Bar
  • Revised the process determining if a character is adult to reflect the 'adult in 15 1/2 feature' in CK game.

version 1.02
  • Added traits support - traits bonuses/penalties are applied to character stats and displayed in the stats column. Original values provided in brackets.
  • Sorting by character stats now uses trait-modified values
  • Color coded character gender male=blue, female=red
  • Background color coded age classes white=dead, green=infant, blue=adult
  • Font coded marrigeable status bold= marrigeable now (adult, not maried/former spouse dead, alive)
  • mproved savefile parsing speed
  • much improved sorting speed

version 1.01
  • Corrected error in file path causing improper reading of province names
  • Expanded TAGs to real country names. This represent the actual location of a character in game (not the Home info as I thought originally)

version 1.00
This is the first released version. For now it is just a basic GUI and a sortable table of characters.
Displayed stats are self explanatory for someone familiar with CK, some numerical values are game IDs that will be expanded to more functionality in further versions.
Married status takes only lasting marriages in account (i.e. a widow is unmaried for this purpose).

Last edited:
Gaute65 said:
Great work.
Will the home tag provide us with information where too find the bride?

Yes, this should be the name of province where the character is courtier in. If blank then the character is dead or it is a 'homeless' character (e.g. count whose county was recently anexed).

However, I must admit that I have managed only to test if the savefile is parsed as intended and haven't enough time yet to test if the intended way is correct. I was not quite sure about meaning of certain attributes in save file. I plan to do this playtesting during weekend.

Very useful, but in my ledger 1.01er version i have empty dynasty,tag and home column! :confused:

Wilhelm II. said:
Very useful, but in my ledger 1.01er version i have empty dynasty,tag and home column! :confused:

At first, I had the same problem.
After I moved the ckl.exe from the savegame-subdirectory to the ck-main-directory, it works fine.

Where is your ckl.exe located?
Try to put it in your main crusader kings directory.

Eric Lasalle said:
At first, I had the same problem.
After I moved the ckl.exe from the savegame-subdirectory to the ck-main-directory, it works fine.

Where is your ckl.exe located?
Try to put it in your main crusader kings directory.

Oh thanks...that was it! :)
The ckl.exe was in a different directory, so it seems it have to be in the CK main directory!

I tried the ledger for my save in 1100. The first person I got was some Gudleik (ID -3) who had been alive for 1100 years and was still alive and kicking; Is he Jesus or something? :rofl:

Preyer said:
I tried the ledger for my save in 1100. The first person I got was some Gudleik (ID -3) who had been alive for 1100 years and was still alive and kicking; Is he Jesus or something? :rofl:

the ID -3 means he is a rebel.

horragoth:
can you make this project open source? some ppl might help you improve this. :)

What language did you use to create this app? Looking at the resouces i see there are "delpi/c++ builder forms." I haven't had any experience with delphi, but shouldn't be hard to learn, right?

One nice thing to do would be to make this ledger appear in game. Checking winapi with f6 on GetKeyState (or any other shortcut) and then having the ledger window move to the front. This would be more comfortable than alt tabbing all the time. That way the prog would refresh only when user looking at the ledger and the file has changed. What do you think?

Requests for improvements (since you asked):

1) Sort country and dynasty by name text rather than tag.

2) Filter by country/age/stat/father/mother

3) display traits

That should be enough to keep you busy :D

Oh, another request - indicate rulers, and what tag they rule.

Thanks for feedback. Later today expect 1.02 to be released. Actually IMO it will be the first really usable version. Look forward to the implemented traits support, color coding and MUCH faster loading/sorting.

Wilhelm II: "... Just extract to the Crudader Kings game directory." I thought it is quite self-explanatory ... :) Well game means the game, not (save)game. ;)

horragoth said:
Thanks for feedback. Later today expect 1.02 to be released. Actually IMO it will be the first really usable version. Look forward to the implemented traits support, color coding and MUCH faster loading/sorting.

How about an option to hide the hidden stats (health & fertility)?