• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would Like to announce My Withdrawal from the Primaries. Due to a (RL) bout of Influenza of the Stoumach I am highly incapacitated for a short while, I shall return though as soon as I am well.

You concede the Democrat nomination to Walsh just as I'm writing the update?

Wow. This makes me look like a manipulative person. I assure you, I was not waiting for anything. Simple laziness has kept the update back. :D

The Primary of 1852

Whig Candidate(s)

Sebastian Carr (b. 1798), Senator for New York ((Seek75)). Carr supports the recognition of the slavery debate, free markets and the establishment of trade with Hawaii.

Jeremiah Brass (b. 1798), Congressman from New York ((Rogov)). The issues Brass is most passionate about are the extension of suffrage and citizenship to all people over the age of 20, and the respect of freedom of speech.

Jonathan Nightmore (b. ????), position not found in archives ((Yourworstnightm)). Nightmore is the radical Whig. He proposes Manifest Destiny branch further westward, and the outright abolition of slavery be implemented with a system of the supply of slaves stopping.

Democrat Candidate(s)

Eldud Walsh (b. 1801), Incumbent President of the Republic ((Welshdude)). Walsh is adamant that the doctrine of ignoring slavery works, and hopes it will bring him a second term.

------------------------

Exceptional Situation(s):

None. Just vote.

Mr. Brass, I do believe that, in the past, you have discussed extending the vote to immigrants through a naturalization process. Might I ask how you would define this process?

Simple. In my plan anyone born in the United States or born within a US territory gains citizenship. That way, regardless of other processes for naturalization of immigrants and territorial subjects, everyone born under the rule of the US government will have a say in it. I call it Assimilation.

It is gratifying to hear your plan, Mr. Brass. What do the other candidates offer regarding voting rights?

What are the candidates' positions on the Carribean Question?
((Should we seek to ouster the foul spaniard in the Greater Antilles?))

If a popular anti-Spanish movement asks for our help, then I believe we should aid them (with the federal army, NO VIGILANTISM). They are then to be made completely and entirely independent and sovereign, without lordship from the Spaniards or us. If they should petition to join us as a state in the future, then we should allow this.

Times like these call for a bold defender of liberty and Jeremiah Brass is the man we need!

I would like to ask him however what his naturalization policy would do about the Indians. Citizenship carries responsibilities as well as rights and it seems unlikely that the Indians would be eager to assimilate into our society.

Times like these call for a bold defender of liberty and Jeremiah Brass is the man we need!

I would like to ask him however what his naturalization policy would do about the Indians. Citizenship carries responsibilities as well as rights and it seems unlikely that the Indians would be eager to assimilate into our society.

I wish to petition that any future discussion refer to the local inhabitants of the western plains as Natives, so as to prevent confusion with the growing British colony of India and her inhabitants.

I'm not unhappy with the Brass votes. I see Brass as a good gentleman, that would carry out the necessary reforms. Actually. I drop out of the race, and fully endorse the campaing of mr. Brass.

Hrm, it seems that Brass has the upperhand. But I will continue my bid against him. This country needs someone who will recognize the slavery debate for what it is without throwing the nation into turmoil through rash actions.