• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gul Brown said:
thanks boom, it is really weird signing in here on campus. The age of the AAR is reflected in the ammount of delays it has suffered. In a weird way this AAR has been constant while a bunch of things have been changing in my life!

As i said i will update at the weekend -that i guarantee, thanks for reading everyone...and yes i will say it again...the Ultimate War has a long way to go.

Fixed :D Hope to read good things.

Gul Brown said:
As i said i will update at the weekend -that i guarantee, thanks for reading everyone...and yes i will say it again...the Ultimate War has a long way to go.
Excellent updates and outstanding gameplay! Keep up the good work!

And I think acceptall is an acceptable way to get Ukraine released. :D

One Step Closer

On the whole our attacks along the front have paid off, numerous new provinces have been captured however we have met some resistance from Soviet troops in certain regions.

The Soviets Launch a Successful Counter Attack in the North

An Attack on Minsk is Successful but Fails to Stop the Soviet Counter in the North

Victory and Defeat

An Attack is Launched on Vinnitsa to try and Relieve the Pressure on our Occupation Troops in the South

The Fall of Mozyr Brings us Closer to our Objective

boom said:
Moveing right along arnt ya. Nice update, hope the Soviets don't Counter Attack to much in the north.

yeah, i dont want to give them time to rest, im closing on kiev and thus my objective all along the front and from there i will assess the situation.

If anyone is thinking "hey Gul that felt like a rushed update without the usual ammount of writing" well im sorry, i was quite busy at the weekend getting supplies for Uni but i promised you an update and dammit i delivered! :D

Somua53 said:
Nice Update, glad to see this alive and kicking

Thanks, the AAR wont be abandoned that i guarantee. Im enjoying it too much!! There is a lot to go, i hope you all keep reading and enjoying.

This isn't going to be a british steamroller offensive it seems :D .

General Jac said:
This isn't going to be a british steamroller offensive it seems :D .

indeed, this is going to be even more difficult than the previous campaigns in Germany and Italy.

Drewby said:
update please......

You are promised one this weekend.

Snake IV said:
Excellent.

thanks SnakeIV. The delay has been because of Uni. Im staying on campus and hoi2 is at home [but i go home at weekends]. The reason you didnt get an update last week was because i was very tired.

If i can manage it i will perhaps try and give more than one update but that i cannot gaurantee.

Thanks for everyones continuing support. :)

btw, are you planning on modding some bitter peace event for the SU? When I play minors I find it kind of annyoing that I have to march across asia to defeat the SU. (IMHO at least the majors should have BP events for all the other majors. )

trekaddict said:
btw, are you planning on modding some bitter peace event for the SU? When I play minors I find it kind of annyoing that I have to march across asia to defeat the SU. (IMHO at least the majors should have BP events for all the other majors. )

Not yet. Im not sure if it would be fair.

We are always behind you Gul. Over a year and still Truckin'

Hope you ha(ve)d fun in Uni

thanks boom, the AAR has existed for a long time and im happy for her. :)

thanks. looking forward to it. aa

:)

Collapse in Kiev

Our objective is coming closer to completion all along the front, three divisions are ready to be shipped from Britain and the three divisions that saved Portugal are en route to Persia.
The Soviet war machine has been kept on the back foot and despite a growing crisis in Persia we seem to be keeping the Soviets not only at bay but on the back foot also. In Persia we are waiting for reinforcements and for a clear plan to appear- recently the Soviets have defeated the defenders of Tehran and their are currently no plans to try and launch a last ditch attempt to save the city as the last one failed.

The key to our objective was to capture Kiev, the city is vital and would be a strong blow to Soviet morale should it fall. It will make a strong base for Allied operations in the area.
Regardless of the fact that the Soviets are performing poorly we cannot forgot how greatly outnumbered we are and the deeper into Soviet territory we push the thinner our lines will be stretched leaving us vulnerable to being counter attacked and smashed.

France and Britain Will Need to Work Together to Overcome the Massive Soviet Armed Forces

Vyshgorod Falls

Units Battling Into Position- The French Continue Their Advance in the South

Kiev is Soon to be Isolated and Surrounded

In the north we continued to push the Soviets back, feeling the possibility for an encirclement we pushed our tanks and motorized divisions into Smolensk however a Soviet counter into [the later captured] Orsha soon slowed us down.

Smolensk Falls

We then attacked Orsha.....

Orsha Falls

however the Soviets launched a daring counter that would potentialy cut off our priceless troops in Smolensk.

Our troops in Mogliev fought valiantly but it was clear they were destined to be defeated thus the mighty General O'Connor was ordered to break the Soviet divisions supporting the attack in surrounding provinces....he was successful.

Numerous Victories Break the Soviet Assault

These victories allowed us to isolate Kiev, Soviet troops were retreating all over the front. Kiev was assaulted early on the 9th of June and we were victorious!

The Garrison in Kiev Being Overwhelmed by British Troops