• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GAH!!!
Only option is the USA?!
You managed to select my LEAST liked country in the whole game (or any game, planet or reality for that matter). I was hoping for GB, Belgium or Prussia.
I'll just wait till release day, have it pre-ordered anyway....

The idea being that USA gives you a little bit of everything, which is good for a demo: early and quick colonization, war, interesting politics, GP prospects,...

Probably the best choice for a quick try.

The idea being that USA gives you a little bit of everything, which is good for a demo: early and quick colonization, war, interesting politics, GP prospects,...

Probably the best choice for a quick try.

That was the idea.

hello, my first minutes in the game this are the things I noticed:

population:

-small romanian population in the serbian province of bor (5-10%)
-small romanian (aromanian) pop in epir area (Florina Greneva) around 10-15%
-jewish pop in romanian moldova (iasi)

cores

-romanians should also have a core in the servbian banat (Pancevo)

but overall I am wow-ed it is wonderfull

hello, my first minutes in the game this are the things I noticed:

population:

-small romanian population in the serbian province of bor (5-10%)
-small romanian (aromanian) pop in epir area (Florina Greneva) around 10-15%
-jewish pop in romanian moldova (iasi)

cores

-romanians should also have a core in the servbian banat (Pancevo)

but overall I am wow-ed it is wonderfull

none of these changes will happen.

If someone could tell me how to make it so my capitalists actually make money please let me know...I have rich taxes set to 5% and negative tariffs at 5% and still they lose money and progress on their projects is basically non-existent. Is it just a matter of waiting a long time because I havent gotten past 1837 yet?

It always takes some time to gather all the required goods, but they always get them in the end, never takes too long, especially if you are a GP

If Victoria 2 starts up at the same speed as this demo does it loads faster than even EU3! :)

OMG this is so much fun!

One piece of feedback -

I have a large army in Austin and a smaller one in Lubbock which is recapturing the province.

The Mexicans have an army in El Paso which is intermediate in size between my two stacks, i.e. if it faces both of them it will get whupped. (Everyone is quite fatigued but them more than me)

They start to march their army to Lubbock to pick on my small army.

I start to march my large army in Austin to Lubbock in support.

They stop.

I stop.

A few days later the Mexican army in El Paso, unable to spot my next move, starts to march to Lubbock. rinse, repeat...

:)

Generally, I strayed away from the USA in Victoria, in fact, I don't think I ever played them. But since I only have a slight grasp on the *new* mechanics in Vicky 2, I think I messed up in terms of handling Texas.

Was I supposed to try to add them to my sphere of Influence before Mexico went after them? I totally forgot about SoI's until about 1839, at which point Texas was already gone. I could restart, but I'd rather just learn most of this stuff through trial and error.

Generally, I strayed away from the USA in Victoria, in fact, I don't think I ever played them. But since I only have a slight grasp on the *new* mechanics in Vicky 2, I think I messed up in terms of handling Texas.

Was I supposed to try to add them to my sphere of Influence before Mexico went after them? I totally forgot about SoI's until about 1839, at which point Texas was already gone. I could restart, but I'd rather just learn most of this stuff through trial and error.
Ally them, join the war, secure a white peace and voilá - you'll inherit Texas.

Mexico and Texas start with thier historical leaders, after that it is just random names and random attributes.

Would it be possible to give the US their starting leaders from Vic 1? The ones you can recruit in the history files I mean. As it is I am having a helluva time with the budget and combat. Houston just sits there in Austin doing nothing.

No idea what I am doing wrong unfortunately. Going into debt and losing battles to Mexico, who has a ridiculous military score. And not enough ships to make a landing at Veracruz either.

So far this game is everything I had hoped for in a release version, grand strategy game set in the Victorian era and named Victoria. Thank you Paradox, for not making me feel stupid for preordering after the whole HOI3-SF-2.03b thing. Friday cannot come soon enough, but this demo is great for now. :)

edit: The shortage of music is very apparent however. My only complaint and easily remedied, so no big deal.

edit2: Nevermind. I just realized that you guys didn't include the whole music package in the demo.

Just a detail and something about Portuguese cores.

The Portuguese Reactionay party is misspelled. It should be "Monárquicos", not "Monárqicos".

About the Portuguese cores outside Europe.

As far as I can see Portugal has cores on Dili and Macao only. I would expect at least Cape Verde, São Tomé and Goa to have cores - if Dili is the comparison - and maybe Luanda and Maputo. Of these provinces I would say Dili is the less likely to have a core. For other comparison Spain has core on Fernando Pó and Netherlands has core on S-something in Gold Coast. Specially in the Spanish case, I don't think Fernando Pó was more "Spanish" than the provinces I mentioned are "Portuguese".

Or are they like this because of game balance/WAD?

I like the interface, clean and everything is in its place.

Also, can we change province goods by event/decision?

EDIT: Also I'm officialy now a modding nerd, I downloaded the demo and the first thing I did was to look at the files.

Last edited:
scrolling with the keyboard

Would it be possible to increase the map scrolling speed when using the keyboard ? It would be quite nice to use the keyboard to scroll around while selecting with the mouse but it is quite painfull with the horrible speed. Possibly add a speed selection bar in the options menu or a ctrl modifier for speed scroll.

OMG this is so much fun!

One piece of feedback -

I have a large army in Austin and a smaller one in Lubbock which is recapturing the province.

The Mexicans have an army in El Paso which is intermediate in size between my two stacks, i.e. if it faces both of them it will get whupped. (Everyone is quite fatigued but them more than me)

They start to march their army to Lubbock to pick on my small army.

I start to march my large army in Austin to Lubbock in support.

They stop.

I stop.

A few days later the Mexican army in El Paso, unable to spot my next move, starts to march to Lubbock. rinse, repeat...

:)

This happened in EU3 and I think V1 sometimes too. Always drove me nuts, but it makes sense that the AI won't want to send troops to fight if it sees you have reinforcements coming.