• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another Steam user with checksum TKEO here, reinstalling entire game right now... hope my saves will be ok. *a bit nervous*

What do you mean? The game patched itself automatically without my request or asking me. I don't see anything in the OP stating this thread is specifically about the "GG edition".

The patch that Steam distributed causes the checksum to be inconsistent with what it should be, which means some files are incorrect. What caused this isn't known, but the solution is to right click on the CK2 entry in your game library and select "delete local content", then re-install the game through Steam. It should then have the correct checksum. From what I can tell, this seems to affect most people, so it's not anything you did wrong.

Anyway to mod the truce length? 10 year truces make the game bit too stale for my liking when playing big country trying to conquer your neighbour especially if it has 2+ holdings in your provinces and you can only take 1 at a time.

I applied the patch to my game then continued with a save, seems to work fine so far, tho there was warning something could be messed up.

Yea I received a warning as well that my save was from the former patch so might crash. I want to keep playing it though! lol.

Mercs? Keeping your peasants happy in the first place? Sending your Marshal to suppress revolts?

yesyes, but when I'm a simple count with a 2-digit treasury, it's quite impossible to deal with rebles when they pop up.

Will the save games be okay if we delete the local content and then reinstall?

Yes, they will be all right -- using the "delete local content" option will not remove your user files (settings.txt, screenshots and save games).

None of my saved games will load post-patch. I click on a saved game, and I get the warning that it might not be compatible and then it crashes when I click ok.

This even applies to saved games that I had previously loaded

In my case, I was using the wrong shortcut to launch the game on my desktop. I was using a shortcut to ck2.exe, because it showed the cool crusader shield avatar. This would "launch" the game, but it wouldn't "launch" the game launcher so thus no update.

If you want the cool shield icon on your ck2.exe shortcut, right-click it, go to properties and you'll find a button that allows you to change the icon. You can also select .exe files as an icon source, so just choose ck2game.exe for the icon and there you go.

I installed my game from disc (boxed set. Still at 1.2B. Do i have to download the patch manually as I have boxed set or will steam automatically download it for me?