• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello, the patch is running fine for me, I just had 2 small problems during the game:

1) at a certain point of the game, Switzerland started to sign to the Genoan trade league just to leave it after some days. This continued for several years, then suddenly stopped.
2) Tirol (after independence from Austria) gained a core on the province of Treviso. The game told me that the province would have slipped from their claim in 1742, but I'm now in 1770 and they still have got the core. Is this normal? :/

Sorry for my english, and thank you Paradox for this masterpiece! :)

2) Tirol (after independence from Austria) gained a core on the province of Treviso. The game told me that the province would have slipped from their claim in 1742, but I'm now in 1770 and they still have got the core. Is this normal? :/
Cores are normally lost when the country has not been at war with the current owner of the core in the last 50 years.
Two things prevent this from happening:
1. The current owner is the vassal of the country with the core
2. The province culture is in the same culture group as the primary culture of the country with the core
I don't think the mouse tooltip takes those things into account.

Cores are normally lost when the country has not been at war with the current owner of the core in the last 50 years.
Two things prevent this from happening:
1. The current owner is the vassal of the country with the core
2. The province culture is in the same culture group as the primary culture of the country with the core
I don't think the mouse tooltip takes those things into account.

Then it's normal, since Tirol is a vassal of mine. Thank you :)

Were you not saying that you have the province and that they have a core on your territory? Because jdrou just said, I think, the reverse. He can own a territory that you have core on, and your core won't be lost. Am I reading it wrong, or does it work both ways?

yo, annoying bug that I do not know how to fix myself:

The 10:1 army ratio is totally screwed up (atleast in mine). Whenever I have those odds my 10,000 men lose within an instant to 1000 men. Can anyone tell me what file contains this so I can fix it?

edit: (and yes I know i dont have eu3 registered, I have just contacted paradox about steam giving me an invalid code for my eu3, my two expansion pack codes thankfully worked atleast.)

yo, annoying bug that I do not know how to fix myself:

The 10:1 army ratio is totally screwed up (atleast in mine). Whenever I have those odds my 10,000 men lose within an instant to 1000 men. Can anyone tell me what file contains this so I can fix it?

edit: (and yes I know i dont have eu3 registered, I have just contacted paradox about steam giving me an invalid code for my eu3, my two expansion pack codes thankfully worked atleast.)

Common mistakes/oversights when losing to smaller armies:
1) Is your military maintenance slider at max?
2) Where your morale full before the attack?
3) Your leader vs. their leader?
4) Were they defending in rough terrain?
5) Diffenrence in tech levels between you?

So I did a clean install of EU3 chronicles in order to fix a bug with the flags, and now I can't install the 5.1 patch.
I always get the error: "An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code 5
Access is denied.

All throughout the installation
How do I prevent this? Thanks in advance :D

So I did a clean install of EU3 chronicles in order to fix a bug with the flags, and now I can't install the 5.1 patch.
I always get the error: "An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code 5
Access is denied.

All throughout the installation
How do I prevent this? Thanks in advance :D

Close the launcher before installing the patch. Was that it?

Yes, it was. Thank you very much, I feel like a massive derp :D

What do you mean, upload? What are you uploading to where?

ok... i know the answer... Steam doesnt update when it should and Paradox doesnt have anything to do with it... but.... when is steam gonna update to 5.1? and no... im not gonna do it myself, i dont want to potentially mess up my files to a point that i cannot fix them, so... when is it happening?

We don't know. As far as I'm aware Steam have been sent the 5.1 files (VP have them, I know), when they release them is up to Steam.

I hope there will be soon a new beta patch ! Since then I can't play...

I have a bug which attacks a lot my nerves. I don't remember having this bug with the beta patches, but I explain now. I play with Ryazan, and I sent patriots in Lithuania. They appeared, until then ok. But regiments of patriots with my flag also appeared in Golden Horde, Novgorod and Moscowy.

Same with Pskov. Pskov is now Teutonic, so nationalist auto-appeared. They also appeared... In Golden Horde, south-east of me (Ryazan). And Nizhny-Novgorod nationalists (N-N is now from Golden Horde) had 2 times 45 000 rebels in 4 armies who appeared in Golden Horde, Ryazan, Novgorod and my home... While there's only one N-N core province, in Golden Horde.

Also, the fact I can't be at war with Golden Horde without stability cost (there's no automatic war), and the same with Novgorod, is pretty boring. I'm condemned to pay 1,0 per month, so having growing inflation.

Hi, new here. I just installed 5.1 patch but I am getting an odd bug here. It seems that when I attempted to colonize nearest province in North America, specifically, the province of Beothuk, it said colonist would reach it by June/May 2282. I was already aware of cache as one possible source of this so already cleared that but still having this problem. Any ideas? Also, never had this issue prior to 5.1 patch.

EDIT: same situation with colonizing Sierra Leone. It's telling me colonist will reach it by 2208. It seems all colonizable provinces shows at least 100,000 days for colonists to reach it now. I may need to uninstall this patch if this persists...

Last edited:
Delete the entire contents of the EU3 map/cache/ folder. If that doesn't help please post in Tech Support.