• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Did SU have artic tech during the finnish winter war IRL? Did they develop it before the german attack? Where they any better to begin with or was it their disregard for their own soldiers lives that gave them an advantage?

Their Siberian troops were very skilled, highly trained, winter fighters but were stationed in the far east of Russia to counter the Japanese threat. They were pulled back in late 41 and managed to tip the balance in the battle for moscow.

How possible 3.05 patch ISN'T YET delivered on STEAM? Am i missing something... :(

Correct checksum? Anyone?
You need to ask that question to Steam (and on their forums).

Question: how quickly does GamersGate put patches up? Like... was 3.05 out the day of kinda thing? Has it always been that way?

Reason I ask is because I'm strongly considering just getting a copy from GG so I'm no longer restricted by Steam.

Their Siberian troops were very skilled, highly trained, winter fighters but were stationed in the far east of Russia to counter the Japanese threat. They were pulled back in late 41 and managed to tip the balance in the battle for moscow.

i would hesitate to say the troops were highly trained and skilled winter fighters. Rather they were fresh troops and properly equipped. Add to this they were up against much weakened and exhausted germans who were not well equipped for the winter.

My game crashes to desktop with the 3.05 patch at the very beginning of the loading sequence (american tank pic.). I tried to make a clean install of the game outside of program files and directly under C:\. I also installed a fresh copy of Win7. Been on it for days now and nothing is working.
One thing I have noticed is that whenever I revert back from the 3.05 to a FTM without any patches I get an error message regarding C++ and whether I want to revert it back to previous state or delete it. So apparently something is going on here that I don't know jack about.....seems like the gaming industry (PC games) doesn't want people with no computer knowledge to play their games anymore. Gone are the days when you could simply install the game and play it!!! I don't want to be a bloody mechanic just to be able to drive my car (not that there is something wrong with being a mechanic).

Question: how quickly does GamersGate put patches up? Like... was 3.05 out the day of kinda thing? Has it always been that way?

Reason I ask is because I'm strongly considering just getting a copy from GG so I'm no longer restricted by Steam.

Don't hold your breath. GG doesn't have the patch up either. I, like the post above me, tried to download and install it directly from Paradox and couldn't even get it to load anymore - clean install w/o 3.05 to fix.

We semipatiently wait.

Don't hold your breath. GG doesn't have the patch up either. I, like the post above me, tried to download and install it directly from Paradox and couldn't even get it to load anymore - clean install w/o 3.05 to fix.

We semipatiently wait.

Well that's depressing. I'll just save my money then. You'd think a former Paradox company would have it.

Well that's depressing. I'll just save my money then. You'd think a former Paradox company would have it.

as always the gamersgate version works perfectly with the official installer (gamersgate even uses the official installer).
all versions of the game are the same. once you get the installer to start it doesn't matter where you downloaded the patch. the problem is simply that certain distributors prevent using the installer by changing the registry entries. gamersgate doesn't do that and is exactly the same as a boxed version would be.

Last edited:
Using Revo Uninstaller, I removed all instances of HOI that the program found, cleaned the registry, and deleted all files and folders associated. Then I clean install and applying 3.05 worked just fine the first time. I admit, my 20+ years of PC experience is a plus in this department. Oh, I let the installation clean up (repair) my C++ files too. I don't have a whole lot of spare time to play, but the few hours that I have managed so far have worked just fine for me.

Patch now available on Gamersgate

We semipatiently wait.

Title says it all.

Patch works for me, even with save games, where the patch from here wouldn't even load the game... dunno the issue but works now.

That doesn't work with Paradox games, the "forum" for the game directly links to Paradox's official forums.

I recently installed the patch for HOI3 FTM but whenever i go into my saved games and try to play them they work fine, until i click on a unit and then the game locks up and gives me this discfile.cpp, line: 431...any suggestions? I ran the DXdiam i think is what it is called and still it locks up when i click on a unit.

You should make a thread in the tech support forum....right after you register the game.

Why doesn't Paradox just upload the zipped patch to their tech support forums for steam users? The Darkest Hour team did it like that with a 'unified' patch and it worked like a charm. Now Im forced to download a patch uploaded by someone to the steam forums which seems to give an incorrect checksum.

Why doesn't Paradox just upload the zipped patch to their tech support forums for steam users? The Darkest Hour team did it like that with a 'unified' patch and it worked like a charm. Now Im forced to download a patch uploaded by someone to the steam forums which seems to give an incorrect checksum.

This.

I think the patches are the way they are for anti-piracy (correct me if I'm wrong), which is a huge mistake. We all know that anti-piracy only hurts legitimate customers and in the end, the company.

Still, thanks for the patch. :)