• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
left to right, bottom to top.

??(seamanship?), infantry practical, infantry theoretical, militia practical, militia theoretical, mobile practical, mobile theoretical, artillery practical, artillery theoretical, rocket practical, rocket theoretical, naval engineering

tactical bomber tactics, small ship theoretical, big ship theoretical, carrier theoretical, submarine practical, submarine theoretical, electronics practical, electronics theoretical, armor practical, armor theoretical, aeronautics, fighter tactics

fighter theoretical, strategic bomber tactics, ??, centralized execution, large unit tactics, individual courage, naval training, carrier practical, large ship practical, submarines of mass destruction ?? :), piloting

empty, CAS practical, TAC practical, NAV practical, STR practical, mechanics, chemistry, bombs practical??, bombs theoretical??, nuclear engineering, nuclear physics, ???

only an alpha screenshot but I couldn't help myself
Hey, it looks like they've split bomber tactics into level bombing and dive bombing. Excellent! :D

Yay, me likes. I'm surprised no one asked about those leadership sliders though? Can you just change them at any moment, or is there a waiting period before changing them?

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the techs are (or seem to be) missing the HoI style flavor descriptions and pics. I hope that they are included again, because that was the best part of HoI's tech system, IMO.

I agree. It´s nice to learn things while having fun at the same time. I think HoI3 could have something similar to the Civ-games "Civilopedia" with descriptions of units and technologies.

It's when it changes specific name, like Panzer IV -> Panther. The names are flavour, they are both medium tanks, but one just has more research than the other.
How detailed can you make these names?
Could you make model names for e.g. each of Panzers III Ausf. A-N?

How detailed can you make these names?
Could you make model names for e.g. each of Panzers III Ausf. A-N?

Not 100% ceratain, but I think it is about 10 different models unique model names per brigade type.

Not 100% ceratain, but I think it is about 10 different models unique model names per brigade type.
Please don't hardcode this like in HoI2. It should be fairly easy for you to allow an unlimited number of models to be used, I presume. Or make the number higher, anything over about 30 should do.

And thank you for another very interesting update.

It seems that leadership will be as important as IC.

It looks good, I like the way research is affected by practice and by other discovered technologies. It seems production i saffected in a similar way, which seems realistic.

But...

If we research cavalry over and over, we will not get helicopters? Only better and better troops on better and better horses?

What exactly that mean?
The UK to have 10 unique tanks name, or .....

It's just important to me, because that will add a lot of flavor in the game.

ingenious,though could you please put the huge non-transparent "ALPHA SCREENSHOT" somewhere where it won`t make it impossible to see clearly the lower left part of the image which in this case contains interesting peace of information!Great dev.diary my third favorite so far.

What exactly that mean?
The UK to have 10 unique tanks name, or .....

It's just important to me, because that will add a lot of flavor in the game.

Yeah, I agree. They should try to if possible to squeeze as many of the historical model names as possible into the game for added flavor, and of course allow us to add as many custom model names as we want.

A question: what is the difference between the blue and the green components in the lower part of the screen?

Yeah, I agree. They should try to if possible to squeeze as many of the historical model names as possible into the game for added flavor, and of course allow us to add as many custom model names as we want.

A question: what is the difference between the blue and the green components in the lower part of the screen?
Practical and theoretical efficiency/expertise.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I understand your point.

As far as I can "translate" the code of cav small arms tech to english, it means:

- Every tech level rises HA by 0.2,
- Lev. 2 of tech got starting date 1934 - developing it earlier will result in development time penalty proportional to the time left to 1934.
- Lev. 3 tech got starting date 1936, lev. 4 tech got starting date 1938 and so on.
- You can start developing lev. 3 tech right after lev. 2, but historical date of development will result in long time of research,
- Developing lev. 10 small arms for cavalry by 1940 will be extremely hard (because of stacking penalty), plus inefficient overall (as it might be a better idea to develop something else faster, instead of pushing everything into R&D that rises SA by mere 0.2).

all true.

alpha_jan28.jpg

Why does some components have both a blue and a green version? What is the difference?

Edit: sorry, already got the answer above!