• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
that's quite a lot of claims you have there. game goes heywire and spits out lots of prestige for you;even the ai has taken pity on you and your quest to take the map in alpha etc order. Do you already have a claim on Amisos or could you only afford the prestige for Attalaeia?

You have the whole Byzantine Empire to help you fight Acre and Jerusalem and the Fatimids and their allies. Walk in the park.

Investing prestige in future titles

I can only say one thing. Excellent!

Now you have soon claimed all the As just need to grab them.. Acre will be easy I think, just defeat the entire Moslem world and grab it ;)

Good update, after having a second look at your list i realised that you had placed Åland among the A:s. That is nonsense. In Swedish ÅÄÖ are last in the alphabet :Nods:.

Dysken said:
Good update, after having a second look at your list i realised that you had placed Åland among the A:s. That is nonsense. In Swedish ÅÄÖ are last in the alphabet :Nods:.
Nationalist! Bring forward the heavy tanks!

In german, which also use Ä and Ö, the list would be as Anonymous did it. And everyoen loves german, don't you.

Now I will have to lie down for a while after saying that. Urg

Ahh, Achaia was indeed quite swift. Now, Acre should be no trouble! ;)

Chief Ragusa said:
that's quite a lot of claims you have there. game goes heywire and spits out lots of prestige for you;even the ai has taken pity on you and your quest to take the map in alpha etc order. Do you already have a claim on Amisos or could you only afford the prestige for Attalaeia?

You have the whole Byzantine Empire to help you fight Acre and Jerusalem and the Fatimids and their allies. Walk in the park.
To tell the truth after Adrianople, Agder, and Akershus, which I knew would be the Christian provinces soonest on the list, I think I just started claiming Christian A-provinces randomly.

Real Men Claim What They Have To Claim, Even At Random... :D

Snake IV said:
Nationalist! Bring forward the heavy tanks!

In german, which also use Ä and Ö, the list would be as Anonymous did it. And everyoen loves german, don't you.

Now I will have to lie down for a while after saying that. Urg

Yes but they don't think of them as separate letters only as variations on A and O. Traitor!

Crusader Duke.

Chapter 5: Acre

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer absorbed indifferently from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave103.jpg

And the sizable Abkhazia regiment goes on a boat trip to Anatolia.

ScreenSave106.jpg

Meanwhile Berthold von Habsburg grows up.

ScreenSave107.jpg

To celebrate he is married to a Spanish chick with GREAT stats who is not in any way old. Take that, brother Stefan! Or whatever relation Stefan has with Berthold.

ScreenSave110.jpg

The Abkhazians land, and are joined by the Abydosites in their march to the southern coast.

ScreenSave111.jpg

Good stewards know a great deal when they see one.

ScreenSave112.jpg

I might have cared about this if I were back in the days when Aargau wasn't one of my poorer provinces.

ScreenSave113.jpg

Good stewards know a great deal when they see one.

ScreenSave115.jpg

They reach the southern coast! And if you ask me 'Why did you send your regiments there?' I will have to answer with 'Are you retarded or something?'

ScreenSave116.jpg

ACRE WILL BE OURS!

ScreenSave117.jpg

ROCK ROCK ON!

We're putting on the crusading music and actually going to the Holy Land to slaughter heathens in large numbers! But will this risky venture succeed? After all, it will be a single Duchy against one of the biggest Islamic states. Actually it will be two regiments of a single Duchy against one of the largest Islamic states. THe Byzantines will technically be at war too but I can't imagine them sending their best regiments straight at the heart of the enemy like I did. Because they do not conquer alphabetically. They are not Real Men! Everything changes in the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
THREE DAYS LEFT TO VOTE IN THE ACA! Go vote!

No. The Byzantines are eunuchs compared to your crazy crazy courage. Straight into the most contested piece of real estate in human history...

Real Men Can Do Without The Byzantines... :D

I bet that the Muslims are, at this moment, wondering if that means the beginning of the crusades or what else :rofl:

Nahy, they've heard rumours of the mad German Hapsburg plot - not so cunningly disguised as Byzantine vassals - to take over the world one province at a time, in alphabetical order. The size of the forces assembled ( I wish I could get my individual regiments to like each other well enough to form armies ) means that the siege will be over before help can arrive in Acre. Best scenario, peace is declared quickly and it's a quick hop to Adana, which also goes falls quickly without prolonged response. Worst case, you spend the next thirty years fighting the Muslim powers.

The Byzantines must be severely confused about why the Hapsburgs want to be their vassals. Stefan must be envious- but she is named Urraca- how sexy can that be?

So you move into Acre this soon. Well this crusade should be nice to follow, but we all know that real men will be able to win ;) Good luck, I think you might need it.