• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(49608)

Sergeant
Oct 20, 2005
Dark Ages Mod (819-1220)

Introduction
This mod is something I made myself and which I still am expanding from time to time. This is my first mod I have made for EU games (and only) though I was co-making a HoI2 mod some years ago.

About the mod
Ok, this is a mod spanning from the year 819 to 1220. So it is in other words starting from the last years of the Frankish Empire, spanning through the Viking Age and ending with the Reconquista, Crusades and the eve of the Mongol invasion of europe.
The mod is also just a normal 1.09 EUII mod, NO MyMap, WATK, AGCEEP or anything like that.

More about the mod
The mod consits of 4 different scenario of the start of each century:

I Late Dark Ages - 819
II Early Medieval Times - 900
III High Medieval Times - 1000
IV Crusades and Reconquista - 1100

Technical
As me myself is the only one who has worked with this mod very very little graphics has been created for it, so all the flags for instance is unchanged. So focusing mainly onthe map, I have only created the major events needed for it (like division of the frankish empire etc.).

Help
Help is of course something I wouldn't say no to, all from just notices on changes and such to "full" time participation.

Installation
Note: You should have ModDir installed to play this mod.
(Also, the 0.1 version is very much a rough beta version. I hope to make many updates to it anyway in the future though.)

1. Download the Dark_Ages-file.
2. Extract the rar-file (using WinRar).
3. Place the Dark_ages folder inside your standard Europa Universalis II folder.
4. Start ModDir and press the Dark Ages swords icon.
5. Then, play any of the 4 scenarios provided.

Anyway, here is the download for the Dark Ages Beta0.1. :)

Last edited:
Dark Ages Mod 0.2

Dark Ages Mod 0.2 (814-1215)

Changes and new stuff
- changed the timeframe from 819-1220 to 814-1215.
- changed names of the scenarios and the startyear:
-I Age of Empires (814)
-II Age of Darkness (900)
-III Age of Christendom (1000)
-IIIb Rise of the Taifas (1030)
-IV Age of the Cistercians (1095)
- a new loading screen and background screens

and otherwise I've added lots of new shields/flags, monarchs/leaders, events etc.

!! if you already have the 0.1 version, just delete it and add this 0.2 version over again !!

anyway.. here's the download

Last edited:
Dark Ages mod 0.3

Dark Ages Mod 0.3 (814-1215)

Changes and new stuff
- added a new scenario:
-IV Age of the Mongols (1200)
- an a lot of other stuff, get more details in the readme

however there might be a start-up glitch in the 1095 and 1200 scenarios that makes them unplayable at this time (will be fixed for next patch hopefully).. But the other scenarios are working though.

so..
!! if you already have the 0.1 or 0.2 version, just delete it and add this 0.3 version over again !!

Attachments

• Dark_Ages0.3.rar
    5 MB · Views: 1.593
quite a nice idea, but... the mod needs A LOT of work... try using my-map or watk! and MORE events! some more changes in gfx.. new sprites and stuff like that too :D .. anyway nice idea :D keep on working!

Blaster said:
quite a nice idea, but... the mod needs A LOT of work... try using my-map or watk!

I started work on a medieval mod on Watkabaoi. Its playable but very basic atm, even more so than this which is why i haven't released it yet. It's on hold atm but if there's interest in it i might continue with it. Help would be much appreciated as well with things like events, monarchs and gfx.

You don't need to use MyMap or WATK, when I play a mod, I'm after the events and such, not how many provinces you can squeeze in.

Guess this mod is on ice though since last update came 2007 :( Too bad since it's good.