• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
anti-commi said:
okay i found a way around the problem but heres a new one

its too much for my computer can you tone it down a bit (when i say abit mean alot)

No. Sorry.
it's because you installed it on Hoi ver. 1.3.
You need to install it over Hoi 2 ver 1.2

Edit:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We are above 3000 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(only here...)

anti-commi said:
which problem is 1.2 the answer to?
megalag or setup

it's a solution for the lag.
(and preinstaller don't work because you have your Hoi not properly installed)

anti-commi, I think your sig is in violation of the forum rules.

anti-commi said:
no the preinstaller works
the regular installer doesn't\

edit:

what do you mean not installed right
it is in the Hearts of Iron 2 folder

the regular installer??
do you mean the setup_beta_100.exe ?
(of course it does not installs the exe, or any other old components. (that's what the preinstaller do... just be sure to install it to the Modern Day Scenario 2 folder (created by the preinstaller )

Installed right means, a clean install. ( And of course a correct registry entry)

and congratulations to the 3000th post...

Besides having to buy/trade resources in order to defuse a resource deficit, is there a way I can increase the amount of electricity/steel that my nation produces?? besides having to mod the province file which i've done.

I'm playing as Britain, and after building about 6 new factories, my energy/steel levels are beginning to drop.

Is there anything I can do?? Or should I just periodically keep making big one off deals with other country's to fill my energy/steel needs?

cheers guys

ddiplock said:
Besides having to buy/trade resources in order to defuse a resource deficit, is there a way I can increase the amount of electricity/steel that my nation produces?? besides having to mod the province file which i've done.

I'm playing as Britain, and after building about 6 new factories, my energy/steel levels are beginning to drop.

Is there anything I can do?? Or should I just periodically keep making big one off deals with other country's to fill my energy/steel needs?

cheers guys

Resource levels cannot be changed ingame :(
(but i'm planning to create events+techs that gives energy by building fusion reactors, but it's tricky and i'm not sure it can be made)

One thing i've noticed with MDS, is that it takes alot longer to prep a country for war, given teh fact everything is so expensive, you can only build small chunks of your army/navy/airforce at a time.

As Britain, its November 2004, and i'm still building factories. I have 2 brand new Type 45 destroyers in service, as well as the new Astute Class Nuclear Submarine, HMS Astute. I've left the alliance with the US, and formed a new one with Canada, whom supplies me with my energy and steel.

Don't know what i'm going to do, but a war with Argentina from the Falklands, like last time, appeals to me :)

But, i've been thinking of writing in some Fascist ministers for Britain, as none have been put in.

I noticed that there are no events for germany in the beta.
Do you need some? I thought about writing events, which turn germany back into a dictature. Can you use them or are they too fictional for this mod?

Verenti said:
If I can recall my Grade 12 History course, Isreal had 4 major wars: Liberation War, Suez War, Seven Days War and October War and atleast one started ( The Seven Days War, I think) with a pre-emptive attack by Isreal, and they were joining PM Eden in the war for Suez because Col. (Probablly offical title of President?) Gamel-Nasser nationalised the Suez Canel. So technically they were the agressors in two wars already.

Then again, I'm far from an expert in the history of the middle east.

Oh, And I don't believe the US has ever attacked an Arab country because the nationality of Iraq is Persian (Before you tell me that the Nationality of Iraq is Iraqi, Please note the difference between a country and nation). But, again, I'm not an expert on wars the US has declared either.

So niether of those are really cliches historically speaking. Maybe so in the literary sense.

I remeber the british and french also attacking Egypt around the Suez Canal for something also..

Also Iraq is Arab and a small group of Kurds in the North. yes the south is Shiite but they are Arab Shiites and Sunni Arab center, Sunni Kurdish North.
Iran is the only counrty that is Persain.

Eowunyth said:
I remeber the british and french also attacking Egypt around the Suez Canal for something also...
It was the suez war in 56

Andrey1984 said:
Hi everyone. I am from Ukraine and I have one question about MDS 2. I wonder will be there event about Orange revolution in Ukraine in November 2004?

There are no events yet, but I was going to write up some events about the Orange Revolution. Yuschenko and Tymoshenko and other Orange Revolution ministers are in the minister file already.

Aldous said:
BTW, why don't you have your own forum?

We didn't got a subforum here for some unknown reason, but we have our own forum at mdshome, so it's not a big problem.

samu said:
We didn't got a subforum here for some unknown reason, but we have our own forum at mdshome, so it's not a big problem.

No to anger the administrators too much:
Apparently one member (or one who claimed he was member) of the MDS2 team apparently angered Paradox greatly. This resulted in them specifically asking the moderators to NOT allow us our own subforum.

But who or what this person is, they won't say.