• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
UnitedFrenchCommunes.jpg

The United French Communes

The United Communes take this moment to remind the German Empire that the whole of the Pact of Amiens, including the provisions demanding German surrender, are conditional upon German violation of signatory nations' borders and territory. Should Germany choose to acknowledge its grave error in disrupting the peace of Europe, demobilize its forces, and accept the rightful sovereignty and independence of its neighbors, there will be no need for armed conflict or further dispute.

The Pact of Amiens stands as a guarantor of those threatened nations' independence, to prevent the unlawful and unprovoked incursion against their people and governments by German forces. If the Hohenzollern Emperor wishes to avoid strife, he need only cease his current aggression and take the path of peace. Should he refuse to comply with this reasonable request, we shall join our strength to those of our Pact allies and prevail through force of arms where diplomacy failed. Whether this is necessary or not rests entirely on Germany's decision.

~ Alexandre Millerand, Chairman of the Revolutionary Council of the Communes of France

The Republic of Armenia will once again reiterate that it will not stand to become the next prize in the eyes of the imperialists in Turkey, who oppress the Levant for their own power. If the Republic of Turkey continues to attempt to coerce Armenia into subjugation, it will be met with ever-increasing and determined resistance.

Chairman Aram Manukian of the Transitional Council of Armenia

As I am simply the caretaker of the government until the election resolves, I will wait for a government to be formed until allowing the government to make lasting foreign decisions regarding the Armenian State.

We shall continue as normally until the resolving of the elections, then decisions will be made.

I will also like to reiterate to the Armenian State that imperialism requires Imperial power which requires a royal family to sustain said imperial power. As Turkey is a Republic, we cannot possibly be imperialist via the definition of imperialism. Therefore we wish an apology, or at least a correction in insulting the Turkish Nation

That and I don't see you releasing the Kurds anytime soon

((OOC: I also tried to have the referendums, the GM wouldn't do it, so not my fault *shrug*))

Australia_Flag.jpg

The Dominion of Australia, would like to congratulate the 2nd Royal Australian Battalion, for their valiant fight against the Chinese. The Battle of the Pearl River Delta, was saved by the Australian and Greek battalions and will forever remain a great feat for our great nation!

Though, we also want to send our condolences to the families of the 8,000 brave men that were killed in battle and that these men's death will not be in vain. The Qing Empire, will soon surrender with the help of the Russians to the north, the British Commonwealth nations to the south, the Italians, Dutch and many more of our allies. A democratic nation will be restored in China, and it will become free of oppression.

We would like to apologize for the reckless behavior of some of our soldiers against British soldiers in Darwin. Also, the soldiers were reprimanded for there actions and some were jailed for starting the Darwin fire.

~ The Rt Hon. Andrew Fisher, Prime Minister of the Dominion of Australia

When the Kurds in Armenia want a state, and Turkey is ready to jointly create a Kurdistan, then we will do so. And Imperialism hiding in a veil of Republicanism is Imperialism nonetheless. That being said, no apology will be made until the Republic of Turkey rescinds its declaration of Armenia as a Russian puppet state and apologizes for its implied threats of intervention into the sovereign nation of Armenia. While the Republic of Turkey enjoys oppressing the Levant, it will find Armenia will not allow the same to happen to itself.

Chairman Aram Manukian of the Transitional Council of Armenia

The Kingdom of the Hellenes reminds the Free State of Turkey that they have only recently agreed to give the Armenian People the right of self-determination, something they now wish to change once again as they seem to have already discarded the ideas under which their nation was founded.

In this time of continued blatant lies, regarding the release of the Levant and the wish of normalising relations with both Greece and Armenia, and this time of continued Turkish oppression of the people of the middle east, no matter who they may be, i give the Government of Armenia my guarantee, and the guarantee of my nation, that they will not stand alone in this struggle against renewed Turkish Imperialism.
The free state of Turkey claims that there can be no Imperialism without Royal Family, but i say there can. The French Government during the days of the French Republic have actively pursued a policy of Imperialism and Civilization mission to Africa, and to show the Turkish Leaders another example, imperialistic policies were also pursued by the Government of the United States of America, yet another nation without a Monarchy.

I, and many other men and women, no matter their standing on this planet, and mostly in the region, hope that the Free State of Turkey finally becomes what it should have become, a nation state of the turks, and not another Ottoman Empire, merely without an Emperor as figurehead. Should this not happen, another solution for the middle east might have to be found.

- George I, King of the Hellenes

Your prime minister currently proposes the Megali Idea which you refuse to dismiss officially. This is also true imperialism, such is the Greek treatment of Turkey though. You were at war with us from our birth and bid for our seperation and dismemberment since peace. This will not do!

I'd also like it to say that I voted along with the former president for the referendums to pass, however we are a republic and the majority of elected backbenchers refused the bill, citing various reasons.

I'd also like to state that a republic based on homogenous populations is not truly free, but one that faces threats of fascism, nationalism, and undermines the ideas of true freedom and equality. Turkey is not a Turkish based ethno-centric republic, we are a republic in which all the peoples can be unified under. Turkish MPs make up a third of the lower and upper houses. Therefore the peoples of the Kurds, Arabs and Levantines must have voted to stay in the Republic when so few of their MPs voted for referendum.

This is true democracy, not that the birth place of it would recognise it. It is a shame that such a young and beautiful republic is surrounded by hate based on nothing but the past. We are a Republic under seige on all sides, but the upcoming election shall prove these people wrong, and prove to the leaders that Turkey is mighty!

Prime Minister and Temporary Leader of the Republic of Turkey Içelik

OOC: couple things I realize(d):1) Greece is a bully and they are big meanies
2) I paniked in releasing Armenia, BAD idea
3) A REALLY bad idea
4) Nobody likes poor Turkey V_V. Oh well, I'll try my best until I get overwhelmed by hordes of screaming Greco-Russians

Her Majesty's Government is greatly concerned that events are spiralling out of control, and if reasonable statesmen do not assert themselves, Europe shall become embroiled in war. Passionate rhetoric and imprudent action on the part of both parties have escalated a diplomatic crisis into full-fledged war. Immediate action must be taken to redress concerns and secure continental peace. As such, we offer the following conditions as the basis for a negotiated settlement:

The German Empire shall unconditionally recognise the nations of Austria, Bohemia and Moravia and Hungary as sovereign states;
A national plebiscite shall be held in Austria, determining whether it shall stay independent or enter into union with the German Empire;
A local plebiscite shall be held in the Sudetenland/Sudety region of Bohemia, determining whether this region shall remain within Bohemia, assume autonomous status within a federal framework or enter into union with the German Empire;
A local plebiscite shall be held in South Tyrol/Alto Adige region of Austria, determining whether this region shall remain within Austria (or the German Empire), assume autonomous status within a federal framework or enter into union with the Kingdom of Italy;
The involved parties shall renounce war and accept the settlement of the plebiscites and their eventual national borders.​

Her Majesty's Government believes that this impartial settlement shall satisfy both sides, in a manner befitting all the signatories as democratic and liberal nations. Such a solution would remove the necessity for violence, which could only end in the mutual destruction of all parties. We thus implore all parties to adopt this resolution and press for a negotiated peace. If both parties adopt this resolution and demobilise their forces, war may still be averted.

Her Majesty, Wilhelmina, Queen of the Netherlands

UnitedFrenchCommunes.jpg

The United French Communes

Should the German Empire agree to the terms proposed by the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the United French Communes are prepared to demobilize the Pact of Amiens and commit to a diplomatic resolution. However, we request that neutral arbiters be present in all nations who would be undertaking plebiscites; we would accept election overseers from either the United Kingdom or the United States, both nations with long, vibrant democratic traditions who are not involved in this current crisis.

~ Alexandre Millerand, Chairman of the Revolutionary Council of the Communes of France

Chile is grateful that it is not part of this ongoing madness in Europe; the Chilean government has no desire to involve itself in this... situation, and will remain neutral.

On the homefront, I, and the Chilean government, am happy to see the Chilean economy continue to grow; despite the recent fiasco concerning our first foray into aviation, I have full faith that the tide of progress will sweep away any of these concerns. We used outdated planes, and had little capacity or ability in this new field; however, I give my assurances that any future projects in the field of aviation will be done with more caution and with a greater concern for safety than this ad hoc attempt made recently.

((Hi Cavebear! Long time no see! :D))

I put my full support into the Netherlands attempt to negotiation a fair and just peace. Should German Empire also fully to the terms proposed by the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the Kingdom of Italy will be satisfied and cease any hostilities against the German Empire.

~ Victor Emmanuel III, by the Grace of God and the Will of the Nation, King of Italy

The Free State of Turkey is willing to work as neutral arbiters if all sides agree to the Dutch proposal

Prime Minister and Temporary Leader of the Republic of Turkey Içelik

500px-Flag_of_Hungary_1949-1956.svg.png
The People's Republic of Hungary

The Germans cannot seem to be content with the lands and populations they already have subjugated and now oppress. They deem it acceptable to end the independence of Hungary and Bohemia-Moravia, to spread their oppression, to take and kill! I say no to this! Hungary will not stand idly by as her friends and herself are swallowed by foreigners! We shall fight, fight to the last man if we have to, but we shall not surrender, we shall never give up the independence we so deserve! I say come you invaders, so you may meet the Hungarian people, so you may understand that we are not to be meddled with!

But preferring peace over war, I support the proposal by the Netherlands and agree with the French response to such.

Last, but very important, I would like to reprimand the Foreign Minister, Béla Kun, for his wording of the declaration of Hungarian independence. After consultation with the cabinet, we agreed wholeheartedly that it was too violent and would encourage new enemies. If the Foreign Minister is to act on his own agenda again, he shall face possible dismissal.

~ Gyula Peidl, Chairman of the Central Executive Council of the People's Republic of Hungary

Flag_of_South_Africa_1928-1994.svg

The Dominion of South Africa

South Africa continues to prosper as more and more come to our shores and decide to open up shop. This year is proof that it is not governmental mandates that create prosperity, but rather the will of the people themselves: the thousands of Russians, Poles, Ukrainians, and others that have found themselves seeking a new life in South Africa have taken it upon themselves to better their livelihoods, rather than expect others to do it for them; as a result, the South African economy has exploded, with new businesses being opened left and right, and new innovators discovering new things to further promote the development of humankind.

It is because of this success that I am hereby requesting from the people of South Africa another term. Had my time here been a failure, I would have stepped down and allow better men to take my place; however, these good times, which I believe the policies of the United Party government have had some hand in, justify my belief that we should not revert back to those policies that have so damned us before, those policies of backwards reaction and unjust restrictions on those who had committed no crime, save perhaps what is, in the opinion of the Nationals, the most damning of all: being born in the wrong place and at the wrong time.

Regardless of whom it is you vote for, always keep in mind that we must be united together no matter what; if we are divided, then we will all fail.

~Prime Minister Louis Botha

January - December 1915

Europe

In the United Kingdom, the House of Commons voted to pass an act to refine and replace Army Equipment across the nation’s armed forces, starting with India. However, the factories in Britain producing these goods loaded them all up on a large convoy, destined for India. While it was a sizeable convoy, it wasn’t a huge one. It made its way through the Suez, and through a freak monsoon storm in the Indian Ocean, a few of the ships crashed into each other, causing their cargo to go to the bottom of the ocean. A few ships did, however, reach India, and helped the equipment situation.
[+5% Equipment to the United Kingdom. -£ 20,000 from the United Kingdom.]

The British Railway System, still suffering from the Depression a few years before, is lifted out of the doldrums by a large influx of cash from the British Government, once again making them solvent and improving the overall quality of the British Railway system.
[+1 Infrastructure to the United Kingdom. British Railroads solvent again. -£ 20,000 from the United Kingdom.]

The Admiralty orders the establishment of the Royal Air Force, to try and create a fully functioning Air Wing of the British Army. Enough money was allocated for a functioning central command, and even some airplanes that can be used for military purposes.
[+2 Air Levels to the United Kingdom. +3 Fighters to the United Kingdom. -£ 30,000 from the United Kingdom.]

fe2b1024.jpg

An Airplane of the British Royal Air Force.

The British Empire, which had recently looked towards building infrastructure on oil fields found across the Empire’s various possessions, completed the last of the oil pipings needed to bring it to the storage tanks. The money from these colonies soon made its way into the London Colonial Office, boosting the Empire’s bottom line.
[+8,000 Colonial Income to the United Kingdom.]

Across the United French Communes, the soldiers and officer corps are purged of the old guard, and only those loyal to the cause are brought into the leadership of the army. This proves to be vastly successful, as the overall quality of the Commune Army is improved, ready and willing, full of life and zeal, to crush all those who oppose it.
[+1 Army Level to France. -37,800 ₣ from France]

The French Army of Liberation swells massively in size, as hundreds of thousands of former soldiers and disgruntled men pledge to fight for the French Army of Liberation, eager to try and crush the remaining monarchist forces in France, as well as the possible threat from other countries.
[+200,000 Regulars to France. +250,000 Regulars to France in 1 turn. -10% Equipment from France. -37,800 ₣ from France.]

Several Communists in the Royalist Army were found, and executed for treason against the King. The Communists, however, used this as a rallying cry, and more and more people flocked to their ranks, as the people of France embraced the Communist Government.
[+1 Stability to France. Royalist Support low.]

Burgundy, which had elected a Communist Government, separate from the Kingdom of France, quickly became the stronghold for the Communist Government, from which all of their operations and attacks would be based out of.

The Liberation Army quickly made its way through Central France, gathering support, and pushing territorial control deep into the western part of the country, linking up the two parts, and cutting Royalist-controlled territory in half. The major contention, however, was the fighting in Paris and Northern France, the largely disputed areas of the country. Even though it was only a few years ago, and Paris had yet to fully recover, it was yet again the site of another major battle. This time, the Communists were able to overrun and decimate the Royalist Forces, gaining complete control of Paris, but stopping before going into Northern France, wanting to regroup. The winter was coming, and they decided it was prudent to simply wait until the spring before making any more movements.
[-41,300 Regulars from France.]

Likewise in the South, it was left largely alone as the focus was on Central France and Paris. A few battles took place between local Communist Partisans, but the Royalists, by and large, remained in control of this area. This area was also a hot bed for Anti-Communist forces, who were not necessarily Royalists, but deeply opposed to a Communist Government of any type, and they were very well armed.

On a quiet August day in 1915, French soldiers, loyal to the Communist forces, heard some low rumblings in the distance. Looking around for clouds as if a sign of thunder, a whistling noise was heard, and it was too late to act. A massive shell, fired by the massive German Artillery encampment, exploded inside a military warehouse near the border, hitting a munitions dump, and setting off several explosions. The rumblings continued as military installations were pounded at. The French acted quickly, rushing to the border, they met with the German Army stationed there and quickly began to assault the unprepared Germans. The French dug into the ground, hoping the trenches would save them, but German Artillery began to pound the landscape, turning it into a barren wasteland.
[-2% Equipment from France. -1% Equipment from Germany. -10,000 Regulars from France. -5,000 Regulars from Germany.]

220px-French_87th_Regiment_Cote_34_Verdun_1916.jpg

French defenders along the Franco-German Border.

The Royal Aviation Corps were commissioned in the Netherlands, designed to work out some of the faults in aircraft, and use them for military purposes, like many nations across Europe were doing. It is moderately successful, but they could not be used for offensive military operations yet.
[+1 Air Level to the Netherlands. -23,000 ƒ from the Netherlands.]

Alongside the western banks of the River IJssel, the Dutch Army began to build large and wide-scale fortifications. Elaborate walls and forts soon found their place, along with bunkers, trenches, and all types of fortifications. To cross the River IJssel now would require a massive amount of effort, and loss of life. Due to these elaborate defenses, however, the cost was pretty high for the Dutch Government, but they did not seem to mind, having security at the forefront of their concerns.
[-376,500 ƒ from the Netherlands. +1 Infrastructure to the Netherlands. +1 Army Level to the Netherlands.]

The Dutch Parliament passes a series of laws, aimed at reducing the large ownership of land by one person. A new set of taxes based on the size of a person’s allotment of land is passed, and quickly, land parcels are broken up, giving more opportunities for people to own land in the Netherlands, helping economic growth.
[+1% Tax Rate to the Netherlands. +0.25% Economic Growth to the Netherlands]

The Banking Regulation Act of 1915 is brought up in the Dutch Parliament, but the legislative session is close to finished, and a minor detail in the wording was found to be off, which would have reduced the efficiency of the Act as it read. Not willing to stay in over session, they agreed to take up this issue in the next sitting of Parliament.

Along the Dutch-German Border, thousands of Dutch Soldiers were seen setting up light defenses and camps, ready for any surprise assault that might come their way from the neighbouring Germans.

In the Kingdom of Spain, a plea to stop the general strike is heard, because it is damaging the workers, something that the strike leaders agree to. The workers once again go back to work, helping to restart the Spanish economy. The new production even stimulates new production, and raises the unity of the nation.
[General Strike over. +20 Industry to Spain. +1 Stability to Spain.]

King Alfonso XIII is wed to Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg, and the wedding is a symbol of national unity, as thousands of Spaniards once again say that they are proud to be Spanish Citizens. Alfonso’s likeness is seen across Spain, and many raise their drinks to him and he is the subject of many merry drinking songs. News out of the Spanish Palace was also cheered around the nation, King Alfonso XIII was going to be able to introduce his Royal Heir to the world next year.
[+2 Stability to Spain. -7,000 ₧ from Spain.]

The Kingdom of Spain negotiates a special deal between the bankers of the nation, as well as with the Spanish National Bank, that helped to restructure its debts, and actually found an error, where the Government was being charged twice on some debt, and this error was removed.
[+200,000 Gold to Spain for Debt.]

A massive propaganda campaign by the Italian Government in the ethnic Italian parts of Germany is an unmitigated disaster, where they attempt to show that life as an Italian is better, and that they should rise up and support Italy. However, many of these ethnic Italians felt themselves as Austrians instead, and by extension, a loyal citizen of the German Empire. This propaganda does result in the formation of the German-Italian Bundeskorps, dedicated to protecting Germany from the Italian Invasion.
[+10,000 Regulars to Germany.]

An effort to mobilize the men of Italy to war is moderately successful. Although the King ordered every able-bodied male to the military, lower Government officials stopped taking recruits after a certain limit was reached, they were confident that was all they needed to fight the Germans to the north.
[+500,000 Conscripts to Italy. +10% Mobilization Penalty.]

The Italian Government orders military and war factories to be constructed in the South, to fuel the Italian War Machine. No expense is spared in doing this, and some businesses take advantage of this and vastly overcharge the Italian Government.
[-573,300 ₤ from Italy. +40 Industry to Italy in 2 turns.]

Across Italy, a call for people to join the regular army goes out, and it is far more successful than the attempt to conscript people into the Army. Thousands flock to recruitment stations to fight for the Fatherland. Thousands of soon-to-be Soldiers were seen talking, talking about fighting to the death for the Fatherland, the Glorious Struggle, all in the name of their King.
[+650,000 Regulars to Italy in 2 turns.]

Prisons across Italy are emptied and shipped to Libya, where they are sent to Peace and Prosperity Camps, where they are asked to develop Libya for the glory of the King, and that their hard work and sacrifice will be remembered forever by the mighty Italian Empire.
[+300 Colonial Income to Italy.]

In Slovenia, the Italian Army surges across the border, making massive gains in land before the German Army could shift down from the North, and oppose them. The front lines were established around the town of Haidenschaft (Ajdovščina), with both armies digging in, ready for a grueling mountainous campaign against each other.
[-30,000 Regulars from Italy. -50,000 Regulars from Germany.]

cap_pow1.jpg

Italian Soldiers marching around the Slovenian town of Haidenschaft.

As the Danubian Federation fell apart, the Kingdom of Austria, unwilling to attempt to force their former lands back into a union, decided to simply hold a referendum across the country. Every area, except Vorarlberg, decided to stay with Austria, and follow whatever the now King Franz Joseph I decided to do. Vorarlberg decided to rise to become a full canton within the Swiss Confederation. Along with them came Liechtenstein, who also joined as their own canton. As it would turn out, the King Franz Joseph I asked for annexation into the German Empire, to which it was accepted.
[+2 Industry to Switzerland. +200 Base Income to Switzerland.]

The Black Mesa Research Facility continues to try and work on creating a radio, funded by the Swiss Government, but any progress is halted after levels of radiation get suspiciously high inside the facility and it is refitted with slightly better waste storage.
[-78,000 S₣ from Switzerland]

In an attempt to increase the educational levels of the students inside the Swiss Confederation, an extra hour was added on to the school days of the students, but a massive backlash by the parents, and not the students, from this massive new workload quickly proved to be controversial, and by the Direct Democracy that the Swiss Confederation enjoyed saw it overturned and repealed in the first week of its implementation, costing the Government money with no benefits.
[-26,000 S₣ from Switzerland.]

In Zurich, the School of Economics and Business is founded, and a new building is commissioned, but near the end of the year - close to completion, the entire building burned to the ground, reducing the progress made this year to nothing. However, it would be complete next year, should the Government decide to restart the building.
[Government needs to start project over. -52,000 S₣ from Switzerland.]

A major campaign by the Swiss Government to encourage people to come to Switzerland, promoting it as a bastion of freedom and democracy in an otherwise bleak and dull Europe is undertaken. While at first massive amounts of immigrants pour into the country, it begins to taper off in the later months, and the long term forecast for immigrants is dimmer than expected.
[+1.5% Economic Growth to Switzerland.]

The Kingdoms of Sweden and Spain strike a deal: In exchange for a fixed-interest loan of 800,000 ounces of gold bullion from Sweden, Spain will provide Sweden with a series of blueprints and designs for their most modern naval vessels. Unfortunately, the entire project is beset with numerous failures, as massive embezzlement occurs in the Swedish treasury and fully half of the gold never reaches Madrid. Meanwhile, a freak storm in the North Sea sends the Spanish diplomatic vessel to the bottom of the ocean, along with the original blueprints for their dreadnought design. [-800,000 Gold to Sweden, +400,000 Gold to Spain, Spain and Sweden unable to make dreadnoughts]

The re-introduction of the Nobel Prize in Sweden is a resounding success, as laureates from across the world come together to accept prizes for scientific achievement and a few even decide to remain in Sweden itself. The Kingdom of Sweden is rapidly becoming known worldwide as a great patron of scientific genius. [-580,000 kr, +100 Prestige, +1% Economic Growth]

Direct intervention by the Swedish Crown following the Swedish auto industry’s numerous public failures serves to correct lingering problems in their automobile design and finally produces an automobile that probably won’t kill its driver. With the various kinks worked out, investment into the auto industry finally begins in earnest. [-145,000 kr, +10 Industry to Sweden in 3 turns]

With Austria accepting annexation into Germany as a full-fledged Kingdom, the various railways, factories, and even army outposts were transferred to the German Empire. The Danubian Navy, still in port, had the Danubian Flag lowered, and the flag of the German Empire raised over them. They were commissioned as the German Mediterranean Fleet. Almost instantly, the port at Trieste was ordered to be expanded and upgraded, coming out of the German coffers. The benefits of the rest of Austria’s annexation, however, far outweighed this cost.
[+49 Industry to the German Empire. +2 Infrastructure to the German Empire. +25% Equipment to the German Empire. +9,500 Base Income to the German Empire. + 5 Small Ships to Germany. +4 Naval Levels in 1 turn to the German Empire. +300,000 Regulars to the German Empire. -489,000 ℳ from Germany]

In conjunction with taking all of the good things from Austria, Germany was also forced to inherit the finances of the Danubian Federation, which Austria was saddled with and what was the most prevalent reason that Austria joined with Germany. Berlin had no qualms about this, confident of their financial future.
[-251,911 Gold from Germany]

The German Government attempts to set aside funds for industrial subsidies for the automotive industry, but when the money was needed, all of it was gone, siphoned off into other accounts and stolen from the Government.
[-191,000 ℳ from Germany.]

The German Armed Forces, eager like most nations in Europe, made an official extension to their command structure, making the Air Power of the German Empire a centralized and simple division of the German Military. The Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte, or the German Air Force, was organized and they immediately set out to designing an aircraft using the most advanced weaponry and engine that German Money could buy.
[+3 Air Levels to Germany. -1,429,500 ℳ from Germany.]

Shipyards in Northern Germany spring to life after years of inactivity. The German Empire quickly buys up supplies to start the expansion of the German Navy. This massive ship build, combined with the recent construction in the South, was certain to shove the German Empire forward in the ability to project her interests across the seas.
[+15 Large Ships in 2 turns, +30 Small Ships in 2 turns, +18 Submarines in 2 turns to the German Empire. -357,500 ℳ from the German Empire.]

Martial law is declared in Congress Poland, with the German Military taking control of most of the cities, and posting patrols in the towns and villages. This measure was to ensure there was no revolts that could danger the German War Effort. Thousands protested this, but a large amount of military equipment was found, supposedly which would be used in an uprising, and the threat was thwarted.
[+1% Equipment to the German Empire.]

The now German port of Trieste is placed under a military blockade by the Italian Kingdom, but the ships are forced to retreat after coastal guns and the German Mediterranean Fleet began to fire upon it, as well as a surprise explosion that sank the pride of the Italian Fleet. Another ship went down, and the Germans proclaimed that their expert torpedo crews would continue to sink Italian Ships until they were no longer in range. An attempt to land soldiers in Istria is scrapped because of this new revelation.
[-2 Large Ships from Italy.]

Bundesarchiv_Bild_134-C1133%2C_Szent_Istv%C3%A1n%2C_Sinkendes_Linienschiff.jpg

One of the Italian Ships sinking in the Gulf of Trieste.

In Bohemia, well-armed German Partisans began to harass supply lines and other military installations, becoming a huge pain for logistics and the ability for the Bohemian Army to conduct operations.
[-3,000 Regulars from Bohemia-Moravia. -5% Equipment from Bohemia-Moravia.]

The Bohemian Army moves to defend an attack coming from the city of Weimar, but are sorely mistaken when two divisions of the German Army swarm from the North and South, quickly overwhelming the local defenses and linking up with some German Militias. Before the Bohemians could react, however, they soon found themselves encircled, and had little choice but to attack their way east in an attempt to breakout towards Prague. The fighting was fierce and intense, with both sides not digging in, the Bohemians pushing constantly to the east, and the Germans coming up from the rear. The Bohemians took heavy casualties, but were able to escape the Germans, even though a large amount of the West was under German Control.
[-25,000 Regulars from Bohemia. -10,000 Regulars from Germany.]

The Bohemian Diet agrees to waive almost unlimited power to the Prime Minister of Bohemia, simply for the duration of the war, to try and ensure that they would be able to win this and come out alive against the German Empire.

Many of the Czechs in Bohemia attempt to try and get the Government to appeal to the German population to rise up and support the Bohemian Army against the Mad Kaiser. Unfortunately for them, most of these Germans support the Kaiser and wanted unification with Germany. All Bohemian attempts to motivate them to support the Kingdom fail.

The entirety of the Bohemian Industrial Sector is retooled to support the War Effort, supplying the Bohemian Army with new and advanced Weaponry every year. However, because of this, no consumer goods were being made and this caused a large amount of unrest from within the Bohemian Population, which enjoyed a high standard of living under the Danubian Federation.
[+10 Industry to Bohemia. +10% Equipment every year while retooling active. -1 Stability every year while retooling active.]

The unity and the leadership of the Bohemian Army is increased as more NCOs and Officers are added to the army, trying to increase their fighting capabilities.
[+2 Army Levels to Bohemia.]

In Hungary, wealthy landowners and some middle-class factory workers and small business owners band together to create the Hungarian White Army, which sought to both ensure the full borders of Hungary, as well as remove the Communist Government, to which they think is a plague on the nation and will do nothing but harm to Hungary’s Independence.

The German Army swarmed across the border between Austria and Hungary, meeting the Hungarian Army, which had high-soaring plans to reach Bavaria, and utterly crushed resistance in its way. The highly-trained war veterans, many of whom were just recruits during the Three Emperor’s War, were now the battle-hardened crack veteran soldiers who charged forward, cutting down division after division of Hungarian soldiers. The Hungarians, battered and bloodied, ordered a full on retreat back to Budapest, in an attempt to try and make sure they were not annihilated by the German Army. The Germans, however, after this week-long battle, held off on advancing any further, for the sake of supply lines and logistics.
[-100,000 Regulars from Hungary. -30,000 Regulars from the German Empire.]

The Hungarian Government announced something called the New Economic Policy, which was supposed to help the Hungarian Economy get off the ground. It allowed for small farms and small business owners to remain in control of their businesses and farms, and continue to turn a profit. While this was no change from the previous situation, many did not feel the difference, because they did not know of anything else.

A General Mobilization is called for, and while the Middle Class and the Upper Class formed the Hungarian White Army, the Lower Class flocked to the Communist Hungarians, and hundreds of thousands signed up to protect and defend a government that they saw would protect their rights and fight for them in the struggle.
[+450,000 Conscripts to Hungary. +10% Mobilization Penalty.]

The Hungarian Government, eager to try and gain the support of the population, issues thousands and thousands of pamphlets and flyers, attacking the German Government, and raising support for Hungary and the Communist Struggle.
[+1 Stability to Hungary. -17,000 ₱ from Hungary.]

The Hungarian Constituent Assembly is founded in Budapest, with the sole purpose of creating a league of political parties to govern the nations. Some right-wing parties do show up, but it is overwhelmingly representative of the left-wing, and far-left wing parties. The largest party there, the Hungarian Workers Party, lead the discussions, and moved to draft a new Constitution for the Communist State.
[Hungary is drafting a Constitution.]

Fighting between the Communist Hungarian Army and the Romanian Army, which seeks to take Transylvania away from Hungary, commences as the Romanian Army begins to shell Hungarian Positions. The Hungarians did not assign many soldiers to this front, and they were forced to retreat, cede land to the Romanians as they advanced into Hungary.
[-1,000 Regulars from Hungary]

Along with this intrusion by Romania, the independent-minded Slovakians broke out in open revolution, killing the local Hungarian garrison, and proclaiming independence, and within the same Diplomatic Message, proposes a Union with Bohemia, hoping to become the Kingdom of Czechoslovakia.
[-2,000 Regulars from Hungary.]

In European Russia, the Tsarina orders the construction of movie theatres in every Russian city. These theatres would serve two purposes; first, it would serve to entertain the populace; second, it would inspire patriotism through the showing of patriotic films and shorts. To supply these films, a small outlying village of Moscow soon became known as Muscovywood, the center of the Russian film industry.
[-215,000 руб, +2 Stability, +1,500 Base Income]

851c1bec7a29ec68196a7682923d0a9c_1M.png

A section of the Trans-Siberian Railway

The Russians were quick to exploit the new found minerals of the Krasnoyarsk region, and the necessary mines and spur lines were quickly built. However, the output of the new mines was far greater than expected, and would contribute to the state treasury for many years into the future.
[-45,000 руб, +6,500 Base Income]

In far eastern Russia, the construction resumes on the great Trans-Siberian Railway. Eager to complete the line and secure the Russian position in the Far East, the Russian state puts forth a massive effort to complete the rail line. And, the laborers spurred on by patriotism eagerly oblige.
[-120,000 руб, +4 Infrastructure, Trans-Siberian Railway Completed]

On June 30th, 1915, at approximately 7 AM local time in western Siberia, a massive explosion of a magnitude previously undreamed by humans rocks the forest near the Podkamennaya Tunguska River, flattening an area 830 kilometers square. There is no visible cause or any remnant of what might have caused the explosion. This event is witnessed by Russian settlers and Siberian natives, who describe the so-called ‘Tunguska event’ in the following fashion:

“... as though the fist of God Himself struck the Earth, indicating His great displeasure with the people therein.”

Superstitious peasants across the Russian Empire, convinced that the end times are come at last, begin all manner of doomsaying and prophesying, leading to widespread panic in the nation’s farming communities. [-1 Stability]

The Balkans/Near East

In the Kingdom of Serbia-Albania, the Yugoslav Committee of Unity was formed in Belgrade, with the express purpose of attempting to create a unity state of all the Slavic peoples of the Balkans. It was aimed, mostly, at the emerging Bosnia to the West. It also called out to the Serbians and Croatians living in these former Danubian lands to join the unitary state. Not much traction was gained in this effort.
[-11,300 РСД from Serbia]

The Serbian Government, eager to try and lure workers from the former Danubian Federation, issues a new round of industrial subsidies for emerging business and industries. However, a small bureaucratic quirk caused the subsidies to instead go to government factories, helping their bottom line. This cycle of the Government feeding the Government did nothing but to put more money in the pockets of a few workers and their bosses.
[-56,600 РСД from Serbia.]

The Bosnian Referendum, after watching the annexation of Austria, quickly decided to side with Option C, keeping power locally in Sarajevo. This did not bode well for those who voted for option A. In Vojvodina, a Serbian province of Bosnia, riots and an open rebellion broke out en masse, demanding annexation by Serbia. Across the country, these Pro-Serbian groups broke out, terrorizing Bosnians, and demanding that Serbia invade to restore order, or that the Serbian groups be allowed to break away from Bosnia and join Serbia.

In North-Epirus, a new party called the “Greek Unification League” appears in some local elections. While they do gain traction, they are beaten at the national level by the ruling Unity Party, which supports continued independence.

In the Kingdom of Greece, the Army attempts to draft a new doctrine for their soldiers, to be used this year during the war in China. While it drew upon the ideas and other things learned from the Chinese War, by mistake one of the principles of it were not how the Allies were fighting, but how the Chinese were fighting. The resulting mistake in the doctrine would be felt later in the year, and a sword became one of the new favourite weapons for the Greek Army.
[-1 Army Level from Greece. -6,400 ₯ from Greece]

The Greek Central Bank attempts to pay back some of their creditors with Greek Drachmas, but they are rejected on sight and instead demand gold bullion. Not having any at the time, the Greeks were forced to withdraw and try again when they could convert it to gold.

In the European Republic of Turkey, the first Presidential Election takes place, replacing the former interim President. This new Democratic Turkey was a major improvement over the Ottoman Empire, where people felt they finally had a voice in the management of their country. The way the Turkish Constitution was written, a Presidential Candidate needed to have a Plurality of the vote, and 40% of the vote. Three candidates and parties emerged during this process, the first one being Euro-Turks, a Left-Wing Party that was fully dedicated to installing a more liberal Democracy, and expanding social welfare. They closely modeled a more moderate form of Communism. The next party, the Turkish Freedom and Justice Party, a Right-Wing Party that was focused on maintaining the current Democracy, but also setting up and expanding some welfare programs for the Turkish People. But they also desired a strong military, able to defend itself from any attack from Greece or Armenia. The last party, another Right-Wing Party named The Ottoman Turks, was dedicated to restoring as much of the Ottoman Empire as they could, in both Government and Land, and mostly tapped into the reactionary forces in the nation. When the votes were counted, the Turkish Freedom and Justice Party, headed by Haşim Çiçek, won with an astonishing 58% of the vote in a three-way race, signalling that the country wished to move forward, to provide for its citizens, and to establish a strong presence in the Mediterranean.
[Haşim Çiçek President of Turkey. +1 Stability to Turkey]

The Turkish Armed Forces, no longer needed to be fully mobilized, Start to stand down and send the conscripted forces home. While many thought this would bring instability, it was met with joy for the returning soldiers.

The Turkish Freedom and Justice Party, now in control of the Turkish Parliament, begin their process of establishing a stronger military. The first of which was the Turkish Republican Navy, commissioned with 2 Pre-dreadnought battleships and a some Frigates, capable of at least defending their shores for a little while.
[+3 Naval Levels to Turkey in 2 turns. +2 Large Ships in 2 turns. +6 Small Ships in 1 turn. -165,500 Turk£ from Turkey.]

The Turkish Postal Service, designed to modernize and make the whole system better, is established, replacing the previous Ottoman Company. The first of its changes was to make the Capital, Constantinople, to the name of Istanbul. Many felt that this was a long-time coming, and thousands hailed this change in name, as well as the Mail running on time. The only ones not happy were Greeks living outside the borders of Turkey.
[+1 Stability to Turkey. +200 Base Income to Turkey. -5,500 Turk£ from Turkey]

The recent population exchange that had been bungled, once the Bureaucrats were able to hammer out some of the details with the Greek and Armenian Governments, they then were able to coax the last few citizens out, and they were exchanged, and the people that were moved were given brand-new housing in their respective countries, making new cities of moved citizens. They were able to set up a good economic system, helping both Turkey and Armenia.
[+1,000 Base Income to Turkey. +1,000 Base Income to Armenia.]

A Constitution in Armenia is rammed through the Provisional Government, it was to be a Parliamentary Government with a Bicameral Legislature, called the National Assembly. The nation’s name was changed to the Republic of Armenia, and most of the population was supportive of this new measure, however they did not gain any more support from this action.

An attempt to form a Volunteer National Army backfires as a secret clause was stated that it would be controlled by the President and the President only. This reminded people of the Ottoman times, and they staged massive rallies against it, stifling all progress on it.

The Armenian National Mining Administration is founded in the capital city, which is to establish a national board for ore extraction, and it is an idea to help cooperation between private companies and government companies. It helps to boost the bottom line of the Armenian Economy, but it does cost some money to get it off the ground.
[-50,000 AMD from Armenia. +600 Base Income to Armenia.]

The Treaty of Tbilisi is signed between the Russian Empire and the Republic of Armenia. In it, Armenia was to give Russia a large sum of money, and in return the Russian Empire would supply Armenia with a large amount of weaponry and blueprints for the Armenian Army, shoving its military vastly forward.
[-45,000 Gold from Armenia. +45,000 Gold to the Russian Empire. +10 Army Levels to Armenia. -2% Equipment from Russia. +20% Equipment to Armenia.]

The former Ottoman Empire territories in the Levant vote on their futures. All of them voted for independence by vast majorities. Four new countries emerged from these territories, the first being the Republic of Iraq, the next being the Kingdom of Syria. To the South the remaining land banded together to form the Palestinian People’s Republic, modeled off of the Hungarians in Europe. It was the first non-European Communist State.

North America

The Canadian Parliament, after years of being under Liberal Rule, finally gets switched out to the Conservative Party. Sir Robert Borden, after leading his party to victory in the national elections, is elected to become Canada’s Prime Minister, replacing the two-decades old Sir William Laurier.
[Sir Robert Borden now prime Minister of Canada.]

800px-BordenVictoryBondCampaignToronto.jpg

Prime Minister Sir Robert Borden giving a Victory Speech in Toronto.

As the new Prime Minister looks to the treaty signed by Prime Minister Laurier, lending money to the Kingdom of Greece, he agrees to send it to the United Kingdom for approval, as they control Canadian Foreign Policy still. The British Government agrees, and the loan is sent through. The next shipment of goods to Greece that originates in Canada is loaded with the Bullion, and sent across the sea.
[-50,000 Gold from Canada. +50,000 Gold to Greece. Loan at 5% Interest Rate.]

Subsidies for service-based industries are set up by the Borden Government, much to the surprise of many Conservatives and Liberals who thought this idea would be removed with his election. It is a huge success, with many of these service industries popping up along the border with the United States, mostly to serve those cities.
[-240,000 Can$ from Canada. +5,000 Base Income to Canada.]

The Borden Government also moved to recognize the need to lower income taxes in the nation, saying that they were too high as it is right now. A tax reform plan was put through the Parliament, to where it glided through, helped along by the Conservative Majority. All in all, taxes went down significantly, fueling a large growth in the Canadian Economy.
[+0.5% Economic Growth to Canada. +4,000 Base Income to Canada. -1% Tax Rates from Canada.]

The Canadian Royal Army, dedicated to construction a working airplane for the Military, spins off a new department called the Canadian Royal Air Force, dedicated to constructing and maintaining a military aircraft. Progress was slow throughout the year, but eventually a capable aircraft was designed, with help from the United States Military, and soon it would be ready for combat actions wherever it was needed.
[- 100,000 Can$ from Canada. +2 Air Levels to Canada.]

The United States Government attempts to invest in broadcast radio once again, but a slight quirk happens when the company they invest into, C.J. Incorporated, suddenly takes off with the money once again like the previous company did. While some thought this was a good idea, many of the new, freshmen congressmen rallied against this government waste, and vowed to fight President Morgan’s plans every step of the way.
[-$ 200,000 from the United States.]

The House of Representatives, which had just had an election, met to elect the Speaker of the House, an important role in the United States Government. President Morgan, eager to try and put the Republicans back in the speakers chair, sent a long telegram back to Former President Roosevelt in the American Congo. A telegram was sent to Congress from the former President, and it was read aloud on the floor of Congress, away from the ears of the press. The first round of voting was surprising. Current Speaker of the House James Mann received 185 Votes, Progressive firebrand Walter Chandler took 53 Votes, and Democratic Champ Clark garnered 165 votes. It would seem that the former President Roosevelt motivated some Progressives over to the Republican camp, but it wasn’t enough to re-appoint Mann as Speaker. A final brokering deal between the Republicans and the Progressives started, and Walter Chandler took this a deal with the devil, and told every one of his supporters to throw their weight behind Champ Clark. The final vote was 202 votes for Congressmen Clark, 200 Votes for Speaker Mann, and 1 lone vote for Chandler. As a result, Clark was elected Speaker of the House, giving the Democrats de facto control of both Chambers of Congress for the first time in a very long time.

473px-ChampClark.jpg

Congressman Champ Clark, Speaker of the House of Representatives

With the new Speaker elected, several bills came before the House of Representatives. The first one was to invest in the creation of a Military Wing that was devoted to aircraft. It was to be named the United States Air Force, and some of the greatest minds from around the country were brought to Washington to attempt to try and create a viable air force in the country. Overall, success was abound, and a military fighter plane, capable of staying in the air for a good half hour with a machine gun and all.
[+3 Air Levels to the United States. -$350,000 from the United States.]

The House of Representatives, now lead by forward thinking Democrats and Progressives, were able to pass a Constitutional Amendment, mandating that each state was to elect the President in a new method. For the winner in each Congressional District, the electors of the electoral college would cast their vote for that person. The statewide winner, who garnered the most votes, would then be given two electoral votes. While this seemed to make the process more complicated, it turned each and every state from a winner take all situation, to a truly hard fought contest. Across the United States, thousands supported this effort and thanked the Democrats for their work in reforming the electoral process.
[Democrats loved by Americans.]

The United States Military attempts to take previous plans by the German Military of a type of armoured vehicle that could still shoot and fire, and attempts to work with it. However, the engine they used came from a General Motors Army Truck, which was built a few years previous, and General Motors had just released a new truck, that had a much stronger engine in it. The Army Engineers, thinking they had this new engine, build the armoured car to those specifications. Unfortunately for them, they were wrong, and the whole thing never moved an inch. However, they did have the plans for a truck now and could make one properly if they just had the right engine.
[-$800,000 from the United States. +2 Army Levels when Armoured Car built.]

The long two territories of Oklahoma and the Indian Territory were merged in early 1915, and were brought up into the Union as the State of Oklahoma. With their ascension, this gave the United States of America a total of 49 states. However, in the Caribbean, a political unity was forming, a new state, simply called American Caribbean, petitioned to join the Union as well. Bringing the total to 50 States, and heralding in a brand new flag.
[+500 Base Income to the United States.]

The Central American Government, headed by the President, establishes the Central American Air Force, with the purpose of trying to create a rudimentary bomber to attack the Mexican forces that were attempting to break through the Central American lines. Although no bomber was created, an Air Force was in place and almost ready to start flying airplanes over Mexico.
[+2 Air Levels to Central America. -65,000 Gold from Central America.]

The Central American Government, facing problems with the budget, order taxes to be raised a bit in order to try and balance the budget. With a small tax increase, the budget is balanced with the additional income gained.
[+3% Tax Rates to Central America.]

In a surprising move, the United States of Mexico, after losing a battle between the Mexican National Army and the Central American Army, agrees to a peace with the Central American Government, and agrees to sit down in a neutral nation to discuss the terms with the Central American Government.

Last edited:

South America

Following the runaway success of Petrobras, the Brazilian Crown decides to inaugurate a new state-owned company: the Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (Sweet River Valley Company), or Vale, to handle its national mining interests. Vale conducts extensive surveys in potential ore-bearing areas and, while Brazilian gold deposits are virtually nil after centuries of Portuguese exploitation, the company comes up with a variety of strategic minerals, including coal, iron, and bauxite. Mining begins almost immediately, though the profits will take another year to manifest.
[-200,000 R$, +2,000 Base Income in 1 turn]

Capitalizing on the oil boom, the Brazilian government issues a wave of propaganda trumpeting their economic resurgence and encouraging immigration from other, poorer states. Brazil sees an influx of immigration from conflict-wracked Europe as well as its northern neighbors, Venezuela and Colombia, and soon concerns grow over just how to handle all these new residents.
[-50,000 R$, +1% Economic Growth, Brazilian cities overcrowded]

With the assistance of favorite son and famous aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, Brazil begins to develop its own aviation program. Rather than work on the whole problem from scratch, the Brazilian Crown imports an already-tested design from the United Kingdom. A few cautious test flights later and the first step toward a national aeronautics effort have been taken without the crushing failures experienced by the pioneering nations.
[-100,000 R$, +1 Air Level in 2 turns]

The Brazilian Treasury reduces the rate at which the Real is printed by 10%, with the overall intention of paying down the national debt and increasing the Real's value internationally.
[Printing rate set to 40%]

With reactionary sentiment running rampant across the Argentine Republic and his progressive reforms endangered by rumblings from the military over the Battle of the Deputies, as it is now popularly known, President Yrigoyen and his government embark upon a wide-reaching propaganda campaign to promote the President as the father of the nation and a strong, Christian leader. This campaign culminates in a very public donation of his entire salary to several orphans' charities across Argentina. The protests falter and die down, eventually returning to their usual background noise in the vibrant national discourse.
[-7,500 ₳, +2 Stability]

In the newfound spirit of national amity, President Yrigoyen offers angry Argentine clergymen a compromise: Should religious schools adhere to curriculum guidelines set forth by the Ministry of Education and remain self-funding, the government would permit them to remain in operation without further external interference. With the national mood turning against them, the religious schools have little choice but to accept, paving the way for broader educational reform.
[-11,000 ₳, +10% Education, +1 Stability]

With the settlement of the Chaco, La Pampa, Rio Negro, Neuquén and Chubut territories complete, the Argentine government extends full provincial status to the last of their states and fully integrates their frontier into the nation as a whole. This comes with a not-inconsiderable increase in tax revenues, as the residents of the territories take their place as Argentine citizens.
[-10,000 ₳, +800 Base Income]

The Argentine Army begins a series of jungle and mountain warfare exercises, designed to help them overcome the often-treacherous terrain in South America and better defend Argentina against potential foreign threats. Several Argentine newspapers make special note of the fact that the majority of these exercises are conducted in northern Argentina, not too far from the Brazilian border.
[-38,000 ₳, +1 Army Level to Argentina in 2 turns]

The Republic of Chile announces that it has completed several successful test flights of its new airplanes, with designs based on a successful American model. This comes as a pleasant surprise to many in the Republic, since the Chilean government had kept the program on tight lockdown following their previous much-publicized failures, so that the success was the first that most Chileans had heard of the project. Despite the secrecy, the previous negativity toward air travel seems to dissipate with the subsequent successes, though no one is trying any cross-Andean flights any time soon.
[-75,000 Chi$, +1 Air Level in 1 turn]

A veritable thicket of telegraph lines begins to criss-cross the Republic of Chile, centered primarily on the capital city of Santiago, as the government invests heavily in national communications infrastructure. Soon, telegraph pulses fly through the black cables, bringing with them a greater sense of connectedness and national unity.
[-325,000 Chi$, +2 Infrastructure in 2 turns]

The Presidential Election of 1915 begins with little fanfare, as President Pedro Montt Montt spends most of his energy devoted to the running of his nation and little time actually campaigning. This serves to paint his opponent, a die-hard reactionary, as a loud-mouthed blowhard who spends far too much time talking while never actually doing anything. President Montt Montt wins re-election by a wide margin, reinforcing his popularity as Chile's dedicated servant.
[-18,000 Chi$, +1 Stability, Montt Montt re-elected]

Citing persistent border violations and diplomatic slights by the Republic of Colombia, the Republic of Venezuela declares war against Colombia in the summer of 1915, after several months of acrimonious exchanges between the two nations. Bolstered by its recent discovery of extensive oil deposits in and around Lake Maracaibo, Venezuela mobilizes a larger, better-equipped force and sends it straight into the Colombian lowlands. While the Venezuelan Army experiences great initial success against Colombian border garrisons, the regular Colombian Army moves east and stands to battle with the Venezuelans in what was expected to be a short, decisive attack. Instead, widespread use of Gatling guns and trench warfare leads to a long, bloody stalemate, with thousands of Colombian and Venezuelan soldiers dying in the fields and villages of eastern Colombia. The area quickly begins to resemble a veritable hell on Earth, with indiscriminate shelling on both sides and acres of barbed wire and dug-out bomb shelters dividing the two armies.

Africa

Around the South African Provinces, a new law set forth by the Dominion Government is unloaded on to them, expanding massive public education laws for all, in an effort to try and get people in the country to speak one of two languages. While many did resist this new push, thousands of schools were set up across the country, and children across the nation were learning English and Afrikaans, but the problem would not be solved as more and more immigrants flooded into South Africa.
[+1% Education every turn to South Africa. -73,900 SA£ from South Africa.]

The Dominion Reserve, after last year's abysmal effort to try and bring inflation under control, is modified by the Dominion Reserve Decentralization Act, which has attempted to make it more efficient by giving more power to the banks on the provincial level. This turned out to be a boon for reinvesting management and lending to people who applied, but it did absolute rubbish to stop the inflation. More people in South Africa had even more money, but the problem was that money was becoming less and less valuable.
[+7,500 Base Income to South Africa. 25% Inflation in South Africa.]

The 1915 General Election is held in South Africa, having Louis Botha running for Prime Minister, and Jan Smuts for Deputy Prime Minister. This duo was able to travel the country, and with the ever-increasing support base of white voters in the country, Prime Minister Botha and the United Party easily cruised to re-election, garnering 70% of the vote, and winning a wide majority in the Parliament against the National Party. The United Party held 95 seats, while the National Party held 28. The rest were held by minor parties.

southafricadistricts.png

The Results of the 1915 General Election. United Party in Blue, National Party in Orange.

A new start-up company called RoadRailSACommunications, a private company, was given a huge tax break and a tax incentive from the Dominion’s government, and soon it began the construction of a railroad from Windhoek to Johannesburg, a feat that would help South Africa by unmeasurable margins, all to no cost to the Government itself. Being a private company, they worked magnificently fast and efficiently.
[+4 Infrastructure Levels to South Africa in 1 turn. -300 Base Income from South Africa.]

Asia/Oceania

The United Kingdom orders the Mobilization of the British Raj, getting a massive number of much-needed soldiers to embark on a campaign in China.
[+2,500,000 Conscripts to the United Kingdom. +5% Mobilization Penalty.]

Those Indian soldiers are shipped into Burma, where they go to war against the Burmese revolters. Although it was a staggering amount of soldiers running through Burma, the Burmese would put up a good fight, but in the end they were crushed under the foot of the mighty British Indian Army. The casualties were surprisingly high, but Burma was now free from all revolts.
[-209,500 Conscripts from the United Kingdom.]

Aboard a British ship, the Treaty of Hong Kong is signed between the Great Wu and the British Empire, which agreed to a similar situation as with the Ottoman Empire: the British Empire would assist the Great Wu in defeating the Qing Empire, and once that was done, it would promise not to annex any more land. While Hong Kong was not talked about, the Great Wu was barely willing to accept it, and signed the Treaty.

Similarly on an American ship, the Treaty on Canton is signed between the Great Wu and the United States of America, wherein the United States would assist the Great Wu in defeating the Qing, and promise to not press any territorial claims. The issue of the Roosevelt Archipelago was largely ignored with the being slightly reticent about American control, they still signed the treaty. With the signing of the treaty thousands of tonnes of war material was brought to the Wu on American ships.
[-150,000 Gold to USA]

1915 would be forever known as the last year of the Qing Empire, and it started rather simply. The Qing Emperor tried to introduce a Constitution to the Nation, but it did little to quell the ongoing revolution. The Government was widely seen as without the Mandate of Heaven, something vastly important in China, and it was seen as being passed to the Great Wu. The Wu Emperor gained more and more followers, soon all of Southern China fell to the Great Wu, and the European Powers aided them, with the Commonwealth forces leading the way. The Japanese Empire, landed in China and ripped away Shanghai from Qing control, and marched towards Beijing, where Japanese forces pushed through the streets, fighting tooth and nail to capture the Imperial City. On the 11th of November, the Qing Palace was occupied by Japanese forces, signaling the collapse of the Qing Empire, and the victory of the Allied Forces. Almost instantly, the old Government was systematically removed, and, according to the treaty, the Commonwealth forces began to withdraw and transfer control to the Great Wu.
[-200,000 Conscripts from Japan. Great Qing no longer exists.]

This left a few loose ends, and a surprising one. Apparently the blockading forces were not told of the Qing’s collapse, and an American Dreadnought, focused on trying to shell Qing Military Bases, seemed to have gotten the targeting wrong on their scopes, and after a few hour barrage, the entire German Concession Port of Qingdao was leveled, all types of industry and infrastructure were destroyed, and all the ships in port, along with Germany’s payment for the industry to China, were sent to the bottom of the harbour.
[Qingdao destroyed. -5 Industry from Germany. Qingdao Colonial Income Removed from Germany. -3 Small Ships from Germany.]

In Manchuria, the Russian Empire leaves and invades Mongolia, which had been falling into anarchy, and the Mongolian Republic is founded, answering to the Russian Empire only. In Manchuria, however, the Japanese were not told that they were allowed to re-annex this area, and for a good three months, it was under the control of no one, until the Japanese got the telegram from the Russian Empire. Realising their mistake, they flooded into Manchuria, only to be met with Independent-minded Manchurians who shot at the Japanese. These few months of freedom were greatly enjoyed by the Manchurians and they revolted against re-annexation by the Japanese Empire.
[-45,000 Regulars from Japan. Manchuria in Revolt.]

In 1915, the idea of flight would also enraptured the people of Japan. The Japanese government hosted a great airshow in plains outside of Tokyo, where the government offered a large prize the person who built a plane that could remain aloft for two hours. Though no airplanes were able to achieve this feat, it did greatly spur on the development of the nascent Japanese air industry.
[-140,000 ¥, +2 Air Levels]

pusher-airplane-1910.jpg

A new Japanese Airplane.

The Imperial Government commissioned the Imperial Geological Institute to survey Korea and Manchuria in an attempt to discover new mineral deposits to feed growing Japanese industry. Although the expedition only survey Korea on account of the ongoing war, they were able to locate several large iron and coal deposits in Korea.
[-80,000 ¥, +4,000 Base Income when Mines Built]

Hoping to improve the equipment situation among the Japanese Imperial Army, the Imperial War Ministry sent out massive orders to Japanese armaments and ammunition manufacturers. Though many were already running at near capacity, the initiative did result in larger amounts of armaments and ammunition flowing to the troops in the theatre.
[-65,000 ¥, +10% Equipment]

In the closing days of 1915, after much political intrigue and backroom politics, the Japanese Diet passes the University Act of 1915. This act established several new Universities throughout Japan with the aim of creating a better educated populace. These new Universities would train some of the best and brightest in Japan.
[-30,000 ¥, +1.2% Education]

Construction on the Pan-Indies Railway continues, with stations being set up, grades being leveled, and tracks being laid. With only a bit more to go, the protected finish date is only a year away until trains run smoothly down its track.
[-200,000 ƒ from the Netherlands, 4/5 Progress on Pan-Indies Rail]

The Australian Army sends out a message for the recruitment of soldiers, that some respond to, mostly from the city of Melbourne, slightly bolstering the country’s armed forces.
[+2,000 Regulars to Australia.]

A campaign by the Australian Government to attract Immigrants from Europe is successful, as it increasingly becomes a popular spot for Europeans to immigrate to.
[+0.5% Economic Growth to Australia.]

The Australian Navy asks for permission from the London Admiralty to build two Dreadnoughts, but they are denied the right to do so on grounds that the British Government would soon foot the bill for an expansion of the Commonwealth Naval Forces.

Last edited:
Stats for 1916

National Rankings

Rank Country Total Ranking
1 The United States of America 2912
2 The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland 2615
3 The German Empire 1740
4 The United Communes of France 1509
5 The Kingdom of Sweden 1450
6 The Empire of Greater Japan 1218
7 The Russian Empire 1057
8 The Argentine Republic 948
9 The Swiss Confederation 862
10 The Kingdom of Spain 832
11 The Kingdom of the Netherlands 701
12 The Second Empire of Brazil 601
13 The Kingdom of Bohemia-Moravia 601
14 The Hungarian People's Republic 596
15 The Kingdom of Italy 564
16 The Dominion of South Africa 511
17 The Dominion of Canada 487
18 The Dominion of Australia 451
19 The Republic of Chile 423
20 The Kingdom of Serbia 385
21 The Kingdom of Greece 359
22 The European Republic of Turkey 248
23 The Great Qing 243
24 The Provisional Government of Western Armenia 188
25 The Union of Central American States 182

International Exchange Rates
1915graph.png

1915currency.png

Last edited:
Stats for 1916

Countries of the World: 1916
1916b.png

The Argentine Republic
Currency: Argentine Peso (₳)
Currency Value: 1.0623
Currency Bank: 40,588 ₳
Gold Bank: -114,644
Currency Income: 83,239 ₳
Gold Income: 111,466 [+3,000 Base Income in 1 turn(s)]
Printing Rate: 50%
Loan Payments (in gold): 10,740
Loan Interest Rate: 4.75%
Tax Rate: 1.50%
Prestige: 310
Stability: 8
Industry: 144
Education Level: 78.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 4.50%
Mobilization Penalty: 0%
Home Infrastructure: 22
Colonial Infrastructure: 0
Army
Equipment: 70%
Regulars: 40,000
Conscripts: 0
Army Level: 20 [+1 in 2 turn(s)]
Navy
Large Ships: 3
Small Ships: 16
Submarines: 0
Dreadnoughts: 0
Navy Level: 20
Air Force
Fighters: 0
Bombers: 0
Air Level: 0
At War With: NONE
Leader: President Hipolito Yrigoyen
Player: Mr. Santiago

The Dominion of Australia
Currency: Australian Dollar (A$)
Currency Value: 1.0054
Currency Bank: 187,814 A$
Gold Bank: 186,651
Currency Income: 30,130 A$
Gold Income: 30,292
Loan Payments (in gold): 0
Loan Interest Rate: 3.75%
Tax Rate: 2.50%
Prestige: 95
Stability: 10
Industry: 57
Education Level: 85.00%
Home Infrastructure: 16
Army
Equipment: 90%
Regulars: 44,000
Army Level: 24
Navy
Large Ships: 4
Small Ships: 30
Navy Level: 24
Air Force
Air Level: 1
Leader: Prime Minister Andrew Fisher
Player: NikoHoI3

The Kingdom of Bohemia-Moravia
Currency: Bohemian Krone (K)
Currency Value: 0.1680
Currency Bank: 50,000 K
Gold Bank: 50,000
Currency Income: 352,875 K
Gold Income: 59,297
Loan Payments (in gold): 13,151
Loan Interest Rate: 5.75%
Prestige: 200
Stability: 6 [-1 Stability every year while retooling active]
Industry: 62
Education Level: 70.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 2.50%
Home Infrastructure: 26
Army
Equipment: 75% [+10% Equipment every year while retooling active]
Regulars: 122,000
Army Level: 22
Navy
Large Ships: 0
Small Ships: 0
Navy Level: 0
Air Force
At War With: German Empire
Leader: Prime Minister and Regent Bohemia Tomas Masaryk
Player: Spectre17

The Second Empire of Brazil
Currency: Brazilian Real (R$)
Currency Value: 0.1997
Currency Bank: 571,970 R$
Gold Bank: -422,355
Currency Income: 473,274 R$
Gold Income: 78,699 [+2,000 Base Income in 1 turn]
Printing Rate: 40%
Loan Payments (in gold): 21,295
Loan Interest Rate: 4.25%
Prestige: 131
Stability: 7
Industry: 189 [+12 in 1 turn(s)]
Education Level: 66.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 5.50%
Home Infrastructure: 23
Army
Equipment: 63%
Regulars: 50,000
Army Level: 16
Navy
Large Ships: 3
Small Ships: 32
Navy Level: 23
Air Force
Air Level: 0 [+1 in 2 turn(s)]
Leader: Empress Isabel I
Player: Duke of Britain

The Dominion of Canada
Currency: Canadian Dollar (Can$)
Currency Value: 1.0081
Currency Bank: 0 Can$
Gold Bank: 334,709
Currency Income: 80,380 Can$
Gold Income: 82,983 [-5,000 Base until Crisis Solved]
Loan Interest Rate: 4.00%
Tax Rate: 1.50%
Prestige: 100
Industry: 72 [+35 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 90.50%
Economic Growth Rate: 6.00%
Home Infrastructure: 19 [+10 in 10 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 85%
Regulars: 18,000
Navy
Large Ships: 5
Small Ships: 5
Navy Level: 21
Air Force
Air Level: 6
Leader: Prime Minister Sir Wilfrid Laurier
Player: Szynka

The Union of Central American States
Currency: Central American Real (CAR$)
Currency Value: 0.3670
Currency Bank: 1,268 CAR$
Gold Bank: -7,543
Currency Income: 1,268 CAR$
Gold Income: 98
Loan Payments (in gold): 363
Tax Rate: 5.50%
Prestige: 25
Industry: 26
Education Level: 46.40%
Home Infrastructure: 5
Army
Equipment: 105%
Regulars: 105,000
Army Level: 19
Navy
Small Ships: 17
Navy Level: 14
Air Force
At War With: The United Mexican States
Leader: President Manuel Estrada Cabrera
Player: Comm Cody

The Republic of Chile
Currency: Chilean Peso (Chi$)
Currency Value: 0.2684
Currency Bank: 0 Chi$
Gold Bank: 24,459
Currency Income: 127,258 Chi$
Gold Income: 36,518
Prestige: 110
Industry: 77 [+8 in 1 turn(s)]
Education Level: 50.00%
Home Infrastructure: 17 [+2 in 2 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 65%
Regulars: 75,000
Army Level: 17
Navy
Large Ships: 2
Small Ships: 5
Navy Level: 14
Air Force
Air Level: 0 [+1 in 1 turn(s)]
Leader: President Pedro Montt Montt
Player: Riccardo93

The United Communes of France
Currency: French Franc (₣)
Currency Value: 0.0255
Currency Bank: 3,550,188 ₣
Gold Bank: 503,508
Currency Income: 3,106,310 ₣
Gold Income: 88,339
Loan Interest Rate: 6.50%
Prestige: 580
Industry: 161
Education Level: 93.10%
Economic Growth Rate: 1.00%
Army
Equipment: 83%
Regulars: 248,700 [+250,000 in 1 turn]
Conscripts: 200,000
Army Level: 27
Navy
Large Ships: 12
Small Ships: 65
Submarines: 15
Air Force
Air Level: 2
At War With: The German Empire
Leader: Chairman Alexandre Millerand
Player: etranger01

The German Empire
Currency: German Mark (ℳ)
Currency Value: 0.2098
Currency Bank: 0 ℳ
Gold Bank: -1,481,352
Currency Income: 875,523 ℳ
Gold Income: 162,682
Loan Payments (in gold): 35,139
Loan Interest Rate: 3.30%
Prestige: 545
Industry: 310
Education Level: 89.80%
Economic Growth Rate: 3.40%
Home Infrastructure: 37
Colonial Infrastructure: 11
Army
Equipment: 99%
Regulars: 812,000
Army Level: 28
Navy
Large Ships: 25 [+15 in 2 turn(s)]
Small Ships: 147 [+30 in 2 turn(s)]
Submarines: 12 [+18 in 2 turn(s)]
Navy Level: 20 [+4 in 1 turn]
Air Force
Air Level: 5
At War With: The United Communes of France, The Hungarian People's Republic, Galacia, The Kingdom of Italy, The Kingdom of Bohemia-Moravia
Leader: Kaiser Wilhelm II
Player: Morrell8

The Kingdom of Greece
Currency: Greek Drachma (₯)
Currency Value: 0.1778
Currency Bank: 163,847 ₯
Gold Bank: -28,585
Currency Income: 79,670 ₯
Gold Income: 11,212
Loan Payments (in gold): 2,587
Loan Interest Rate: 6.50%
Industry: 29
Education Level: 84.50%
Economic Growth Rate: 1.00%
Home Infrastructure: 9
Army
Equipment: 80%
Regulars: 41,000
Army Level: 16
Navy
Small Ships: 17
Navy Level: 16
Air Force
Air Level: 2 [+1 in 1 turn(s)]
Leader: King George I
Player: tyriet

The Hungarian People's Republic
Currency: Hungarian Peasent (₱)
Currency Value: 0.1642
Currency Bank: 257,566 ₱
Gold Bank: -218,716
Currency Income: 274,566 ₱
Gold Income: 33,195
Loan Payments (in gold): 14,485
Industry: 31
Education Level: 58.90%
Home Infrastructure: 35
Army
Equipment: 80%
Regulars: 147,000
Conscripts: 450,000
Army Level: 22
Navy
Air Force
Air Level: 3
Leader: Chairman Gyula Peidl
Player: Maxwell500

The Kingdom of Italy
Currency: Italian Lira (₤)
Currency Value: 0.1661
Currency Bank: 2,238 ₤
Gold Bank: 159,735
Currency Income: 354,653 ₤
Gold Income: 54,692
Loan Interest Rate: 5.00%
Prestige: 145
Stability: 9
Industry: 71 [+40 Industry in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 91.10%
Economic Growth Rate: 2.00%
Mobilization Penalty: 10%
Home Infrastructure: 26
Colonial Infrastructure: 6
Army
Regulars: 134,000 [+650,000 Regulars in 2 turn(s)]
Conscripts: 520,000
Army Level: 25 [+2 in 1 turn(s)]
Navy
Small Ships: 85
Submarines: 10
Air Force
Leader: King Victor Emmanuel III
Player: Shock3r

The Empire of Greater Japan
Currency: Japanese Yen (¥)
Currency Value: 0.4982
Currency Bank: 0 ¥
Gold Bank: -776,479
Currency Income: 180,419 ¥
Gold Income: 70,076 [+4,000 Base Income when Mines Built]
Loan Payments (in gold): 18,814
Loan Interest Rate: 2.38%
Prestige: 355
Industry: 201
Education Level: 99.80%
Economic Growth Rate: 3.25%
Home Infrastructure: 24 [+6 in 1 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 100%
Regulars: 201,000
Army Level: 26
Navy 1/3 LAID UP FOR 1 TURN(S)
Large Ships: 10
Small Ships: 95
Submarines: 2
Navy Level: 22 [+4 in 2 turn(s)]
Air Force
Air Level: 2 [+1 in 1 turn(s)]
Leader: Emperor Meiji
Player: Boris ze Spider

The Kingdom of the Netherlands
Currency: Dutch Gulden (ƒ)
Currency Value: 0.2901
Currency Bank: 185,827 ƒ
Gold Bank: 547,384
Currency Income: 592,443 ƒ
Gold Income: 142,370 [+1,400 base income in 1 turn(s), -1,500 for 2 turn(s), +6,000 in 2 turn(s)]
Loan Interest Rate: 4.88%
Tax Rate: 3.50%
Industry: 120 [+ 25 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 94.90%
Economic Growth Rate: 4.25%
Home Infrastructure: 21
Colonial Infrastructure: 5 [+15 when East Indies Railroad completed, 3/5 Complete]
Army
Regulars: 85,000
Conscripts: 50,000
Army Level: 21
Navy
Large Ships: 10
Small Ships: 35
Navy Level: 18
Air Force
Air Level: 2 [+2 in 1 turn(s)]
Leader: Queen Wilhemina I
Player: Syriana

The Russian Empire
Currency: Russian Ruble (руб)
Currency Value: 0.2989
Currency Bank: 0 руб
Gold Bank: -854,236
Currency Income: 248,843 руб
Gold Income: 42,068
Printing Rate: 60%
Loan Payments (in gold): 44,777
Prestige: 355
Stability: 6
Industry: 145 [+20 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 46.30%
Economic Growth Rate: 4.00%
Home Infrastructure: 30 [+8 in 1 turn]
Army
Equipment: 43%
Regulars: 278,000
Conscripts: 142,000
Army Level: 25
Navy
Large Ships: 11 [+9 in 1 turn(s)]
Small Ships: 140
Navy Level: 22
Air Force
Leader: Tsaritsa Olga I
Player: Congo

The Kingdom of Serbia
Currency: Serbian Dinar (РСД)
Currency Value: 0.1963
Currency Bank: 50,000 РСД
Gold Bank: 50,000
Currency Income: 87,812 РСД
Gold Income: 17,237
Industry: 51
Education Level: 56.00%
Home Infrastructure: 14
Army
Regulars: 50,000
Navy
Small Ships: 30
Navy Level: 18
Air Force
Leader: King Peter I
Player: Watercress

The Dominion of South Africa
Currency: South African Pound (SA£)
Currency Value: 5.3012
Currency Bank: 0 SA£
Gold Bank: -2,112
Currency Income: 16,997 SA£
Gold Income: 72,433 [+500 Base Income Every Year for 9 turn(s)]
Printing Rate: 60%
Prestige: 85
Industry: 60
Education Level: 48.90% [+1% Education every turn]
Home Infrastructure: 24 [+4 in 1 turn]
Army
Regulars: 53,000
Navy
Large Ships: 6
Small Ships: 10
Navy Level: 26
Air Force
Leader: The Viscount Gladstone
Player: Seek75

The Kingdom of Spain
Currency: Spanish Peseta (₧)
Currency Value: 0.1352
Currency Bank: 470,354 ₧
Gold Bank: -200,793
Currency Income: 477,354 ₧
Gold Income: 56,003 [+200 Base Every Year]
Loan Payments (in gold): 39,408
Loan Interest Rate: 6.00%
Prestige: 215
Industry: 232
Education Level: 86.40%
Colonial Infrastructure: 4
Army
Regulars: 126,000
Army Level: 20
Navy
Large Ships: 62
Small Ships: 129
Submarines: 10
Dreadnoughts: 5
Navy Level: 24
Air Force
Leader: King Alfonso XIII
Player: MastahCheef117

The Kingdom of Sweden
Currency: Swedish Krona (kr)
Currency Value: 0.3389
Currency Bank: 0 kr
Gold Bank: -1,038,306
Currency Income: 367,741 kr
Gold Income: 124,634 [+500 Base Income for 2 turn(s)]
Loan Payments (in gold): 13,151
Prestige: 580
Industry: 86 [+10 in 3 turn(s)]
Education Level: 92.00%
Home Infrastructure: 22
Army
Regulars: 35,000
Army Level: 28
Navy
Large Ships: 27
Small Ships: 105
Dreadnoughts: 0 [+2 in 3 turn(s) once Naval level is equal to 25]
Navy Level: 22
Air Force
Leader: King Gustaf V
Player: Hashoosh

The Swiss Confederation
Currency: Swiss Franc (S₣)
Currency Value: 0.1923
Currency Bank: 919,830 S₣
Gold Bank: -625,553
Currency Income: 811,698 S₣
Gold Income: 135,205
Loan Payments (in gold): 20,921
Loan Interest Rate: 2.75%
Prestige: 215
Industry: 195
Education Level: 97.81%
Home Infrastructure: 30
Army
Equipment: 100%
Regulars: 145,000
Army Level: 21
Navy
Air Force
Leader: President Robert Comtesse
Player: Spitfire5793

The European Republic of Turkey
Currency: Turkish Lira (Turk£ )
Currency Value: 0.1536
Currency Bank: 0 Turk£
Gold Bank: 13,279
Currency Income: 26,914 Turk£
Gold Income: 4,823
Loan Interest Rate: 6.25%
Prestige: 40
Industry: 49
Education Level: 54.84%
Economic Growth Rate: 1.50%
Home Infrastructure: 11
Army
Equipment: 55%
Regulars: 225,000
Army Level: 19
Navy
Large Ships: 0 [+2 in 2 turn(s)]
Small Ships: 0 [+6 in 1 turn]
Navy Level: 17 [+3 in 2 turn(s)]
Air Force
Leader: President Ozgur Oğlum
Player: Dadarian

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
Currency: British Pound (£)
Currency Value: 4.8062
Currency Bank: 26,013 £
Gold Bank: -1,914,223
Currency Income: 56,434 £
Gold Income: 207,581 [+1,500 Base in 2 turn(s), +8,000 Colonial Income once pumps, derricks and transport set up]
Loan Payments (in gold): 63,654
Loan Interest Rate: 3.00%
Prestige: 915
Industry: 312 [ +10 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 90.90%
Mobilization Penalty: 5%
Home Infrastructure: 32
Colonial Infrastructure: 17