• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Started a game as Susquahennok (Or however you spell it) and I've just finished my first colony. I go to check the province and it has 50% autonomy because it is a 'colony'. It is right next to my capital in the same continent. Is this normal? It is going to put me at a disadvantage to the Europeans when they arrive :(

Enemy AI seems much improved but alas Ally AI seems to have been lobotomised and they completely ignore you. A dangerous combination. Loving the rest of the changes so far.

Started a game as Susquahennok (Or however you spell it) and I've just finished my first colony. I go to check the province and it has 50% autonomy because it is a 'colony'. It is right next to my capital in the same continent. Is this normal? It is going to put me at a disadvantage to the Europeans when they arrive :(

Yeah, same-continent colonisation has been intentionally nerfed in this patch (apart from for colonial nations, so enjoy them when they turn up with provinces twice as good as yours by default), and there's nothing you can do to reduce local autonomy below 50% at this stage, as far as I'm aware.

Yeah, same-continent colonisation has been intentionally nerfed in this patch (apart from for colonial nations, so enjoy them when they turn up with provinces twice as good as yours by default), and there's nothing you can do to reduce local autonomy below 50% at this stage, as far as I'm aware.

Aw man, that sucks! I think paradox should change it so that Native Americans and Africans don't get that penalty. What they've just done is made Europe way more OP now :(

Guys, I spent some money and invested in new rig, and no performance problems at all. Everything works perfectly fine and smooth. My rig
4790k 16gb ssd1tb gtx980strix. All bit oc. Works fine

Guys, I spent some money and invested in new rig, and no performance problems at all. Everything works perfectly fine and smooth. My rig
4790k 16gb ssd1tb gtx980strix. All bit oc. Works fine
Well, it does seem like higher end machines are experiencing fewer problems.

But it isn't particularly helpful, nor particularly realistic, to suggest to people, whose games are now broken, that they should go out and invest hundreds or thousands of dollars, just to play a game, especially given the reassurances that performance would be comparable to that observed in 1.7.

That said, anyone who was planning to buy a new rig in the next few months... games never get simpler, and processing requirements never decrease. If you're a gamer, rig upgrades are an unfortunate part of life.

Did England get a buff of some kind? Usually i can never afford to keep the starting army, yet in AoW not only can i afford it i was still making a very nice income which has allowed me to play much more aggressively than in previous versions. Could be the trade change? Or was it simply because i doubled light ships this time... Could also be because i mothball my fleets now. Anyway, what ever it is i like it.

I have to correct my statement from yesterday: I am playing a campaign with Alodia now i am experiencing lags, doesnt matter if it is x1 or x5 speed. The lags are not gamebreaking, but annoying though.

Haven't played EUIV for a year, good to see that AoW is generally well received. Sounds like a good time to get back into it. Will do a trial run with the Ottomans, my favourite in all EU games.

So far I like it. The world is bigger and more interesting. Very excited to give India a spin. On the one game I've played so far (Qing), India has been fun to watch from afar.

By all time favorite game of EU4 previously was the Manchu->Qing game I did back when you could dodge reforming the government. Was pleasantly surprised to see that's again an option. Uniting the tribes into Manchu makes you a monarchy (still nomad tech). It gives you a bunch of free cores, which is awesome, but when you then form Qing, none of those cores transfer to Qing cores. They remain Manchu cores and you're slammed with overextension. Nearly lost my run to those rebels.

Unrest and autonomy have been working well for me. I've heard from others that Manchu tends to be fairly stable as rebels go compared to elsewhere, so not sure if I've gotten the full taste of things yet. I like that unrest means rebellions are less frequent but more serious when they happen and that they are at least somewhat predictable. I love that it doesn't mean "this missionary must be accompanied by a full army if I ever hope to finish this conversion." The fact that the missionary instead pisses off rebels of that religion and makes them more likely to revolt on a wide scale is far, far preferable.

Ming is putting up a better fight in 1.8 than they did before. A nice side effect of the 50% LA floor is I can take 100 OE of land but it doesn't cost very much warscore so the resulting truce is shorter.

I've had no lag issues. Game has run if anything more smoothly than it did before.

I have used the template builder exactly once. It was still pretty cool. Will be a godsend late game for sure.

Well, it does seem like higher end machines are experiencing fewer problems.

But it isn't particularly helpful, nor particularly realistic, to suggest to people, whose games are now broken, that they should go out and invest hundreds or thousands of dollars, just to play a game, especially given the reassurances that performance would be comparable to that observed in 1.7.

That said, anyone who was planning to buy a new rig in the next few months... games never get simpler, and processing requirements never decrease. If you're a gamer, rig upgrades are an unfortunate part of life.

I was not meant to be rude. I will just suggest to anyone, that if you want as smooth expirience as possible, the sad truth is that you have to invest money in your hardware. I wouldnt want PI to stop developing my favorite game, because most people run it on lower end rigs. The fact is, that at some point everyone will have to invest.

In total AoW is an amazing addition to already best game.

I would agree that it is the consumer's problem if this were a stand alone sequel, like Beyond Earth is for Civ V. But this is an expansion of a game that customer's bought and paid for and had no trouble running on Wednesday. The policy of pushing new patches out whether you want the DLC or not puts PI on the hook to optimize it.