• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just play Endless Legend guys - it is awesome, minor factions & quests, totally different races, simple yet still good tech tree, awesome(!!!) diplomacy and trading system, varied terrain features(it's really interesting to just explore the land). I have 40hrs on record and still sometimes I see something new! Difficulty could be adjusted to suit everyone's needs too. (AI bit dumb but overall ok)

I agree Endless Legend(75hrs) is a great game, same with AoW3(99hrs). But they don't compare to my (259hrs) for Warlock 1, and my (234hrs) for Warlock 2. They just don't hook me as much, I'll play for a couple hours and stop. Where as with warlock 1 & 2, I'll start playing and next thing I know it's the middle of the night.

My Warlock 1 hours are also really ridiculously high. I even played W1 demo over 50 hours!!!

W2 not that much. Game is too much the same as W1 (like an expansion of W1), so it got quickly mastered.

I would really prefer more difficult game settings, to keep playing. In sense that GM are more difficult to handle, not things like Armageddon or Exiled mode.

How are these two other games in regards to difficulty?
Do they also become easy to handle after you learn all the mechanics and correct strategies? Or do they still have game modes for veteran players to keep them interesting?

Last edited:
How are these two other games in regards to difficulty?
Do they also become easy to handle after you learn all the mechanics and correct strategies? Or do they still have game modes for veteran players to keep them interesting?
As for AoW3 - even with Golden Realms it would decay in terms of difficulty really fast. Endless Legends despite lack of any special gamemodes still poses a challenge on IMPOSSIBLE/ENDLESS difficulties due to varied gameplay tuning options and difference between races. Personally I won only one game yet ;)

As stated above, AoW3 seems to suffer from the same problem. While with Endless Legend my latest match was way too easy, I haven't turned up the difficulty yet, as I only recently learned all the mechanics. Didn't help that they were constantly changing the combat mechanics every couple updates, though I think they settled on this one with the release.

I have to say though, the sheer customization available for world generation in both AoW3 and Endless Legend put Warlock to shame.

Warlock 2 will eat up more of my life in the near future!

In terms of time-sucking, Warlock puts Endless and Age of Wonder to shame. I have logged close to 1000 hour into Warlock 1 and 2 and less than 50 each for the others. I do like Endless Legends a lot though and plan to play more. The new naga expansion for Warlock 2 will probably drag me in for many more hours, so Endless may have to wait. I just hope the devs will upgrade ships for all of the races if we are going to have lots of sea combat!

Well it looks like Warlock 2 will have a new expansion. Shamefully the Developers and Publishers couldn't even post here to let us know in this thread. That shows you how much respect they have for us. It would have been a nice ending to this thread if they could have taken the 30 seconds it would have taken to come here and post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.