• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

alxeu

Hunting werewolves.
100 Badges
Feb 11, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Darkest Hour
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
Werewolf Lite CCXCVI: SPQR

SrHVHfO.png

In the late Roman Republic, a crisis is brewing. The two sides of the Senate, the Optimates and the Populares, are at each other's throats. Day after day it is debate after debate, with every single proposal being fought over by the sides. Meanwhile, Gaius Julius Caesar sits across the Alps, in Gaul, plotting a possible takeover of Rome. The time has come for the Populares to rid themselves of the Optimates and pave the way for Caesar's rise, but they must beware, for the Optimate Consul is watching over the Senate, his co-consul vacationing, and is prepared to crush the Populare movement once and for all.

Rules:

A maximum of seventeen (17) players can sign up. Roles shall be handed out at the nearest 0:00 GMT when the roster is full, or at least one full day after the last sign up.
After sign-ups are closed, and roles passed out, the game shall proceed to a night deadline.

The game shall continue in a day/night cycle with each 24 hour period (one day and night) occuring in one update. In this period, the day time shall be consumed with political debate followed by an arrest of a suspected Populare senator, who shall promptly be executed. Sometimes the Senate may find two Senators equally guilty, in this case a Lemeard approved tie can occur, whatever that is, and both senators shall be arrested. At night, the Populare senators will conspire to kill one Optimate senator.

Populares win by equaling the number of Optimate senators in the Senate, therefore winning Caesar control of the Senate, and the Optimates win by eliminating Caesar's murderous followers.

Roles:​
Optimates (12): The supporters of the Republic, and generally more willing to aid the Patrician class. They accuse Caesar and the Populares of attempting to end the republic.

Optimate Consul (1): The only consul present at the time, he has hidden himself amongst his fellow senators, intent on revealing the murderous members of the Populares, and eliminating them, to provide stability for Rome.

Populares (4): Supporters of Caesar, they have gone too far and have decided to gain control of the Senate with force. They shall stop at nothing to rid themselves of the Optimates and their Consul.

Deadline:​
As mentioned before, Deadline shall be a 0:00 GMT. Votes at 23:59 GMT will count, while votes at 0:00 GMT and 0:01 GMT shall not.

Full Rules:

§1A. - You sign up to the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1B. - No new players will be admitted after the game has started, EXCEPT if substituting for another player.
§1C. - You may at any time be substituted out by requesting so in the thread.
§1D. - Players are responsible for any Private Messages (PMs) missed due to inbox being full.

§2. - Orders and votes submitted after deadline are ignored.

§3A. – Players will vote daily. Should they not vote, THEY WILL BE REPLACED. There will be no exceptions unless the Game Moderator states otherwise.
§3B. – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts) will not be accepted.
§3C. – In the event of a TIE, ALL TIED players will be executed.
§3D. - The player(s) with the majority of votes at deadline is considered dead. He will not reveal any inside information after the deadline.

§4A. - SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER SUGGEST ANY COURSE OF ACTION OR REVEAL ANY INFORMATION. ANY ACTION WHICH CAN AFFECT TO THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME IS FORBIDDEN. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING IT WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§4B. - When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§5. - Alliances and Feuds which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances and Feuds which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§6A. – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters.
§6B. – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt/scan orders), if critical information has been revealed, the mistake will be kept.

§7A. – Forging PMs is allowed. Screenshots of PMs is not.
§7B. - Posting or quoting of PMs from the GM is not allowed - real or forged.

§8. – Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in size 4 bold text. For example:

VOTE EUROO7

If you wish to un-vote someone, write "UNVOTE":

UNVOTE EUROO7, VOTE EUROO8

Any other type of voting will not be counted and will make you eligible for subbing. In case of re-voting without un-voting the original vote will be the counted vote. DO NOT EDIT VOTES AFTER POSTING THEM.

§9. - The GM can and will remove players if the GM believes the player is not participating at his/her full capacity. This will be done through the use of killing the player's role, or using substitutes, if they are available. All such decisions are made solely at the discretion of the GM. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE GAME IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE.

§10A. – Trust no one. Especially not the GM.
§10B. - Always Trust the GM.

§11. Thanks to Arkasas for this neat little rules spoiler he had in his Lite. Thanks also go to the person who originally did this, unless it was Arkasas, who in that case gets double thanks.

Last edited:

Your humble GM: GNÆVS MARTIVS

1. Wagonlitz as MARCVS PORCIVS CATO VTICENSIS (Marcus Porcius Cato Uticensis) Hunted Night 3
2. Arkasas as MARCVS TVLLIVS CICERO (Marcus Tullius Cicero)
3. madchemist as the ghost of CRASSVS (Crassus) hunted night four.
4. pjnlsn as GNÆVS POMPEIVS (Gnaeus Pomepius i.e. Pompey) Hunted Night One
5. Latinkaiser as the ghost of LVCIVS CORNELIVS SVLLA FELIX (Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix) lynched Day 4.
6. aedan777 as LVICVS BRVTVS COCLES(Lucius Brutus Cocles) Lynched Day 2
7. Panzer Commander as QVINTVS CÆCILIVS (Quintus Caecilius) a Populare lynched Day One
8. Dadarian as CORNELIVS MARCII f. DADARIVS ARVINA (Cornelius Marcii f. Dadarius Arvina)
9. jonti-h as BIGGVS DICKVS (Biggus Dickus)
10. Cliges as CATVLLVS (Catullus)
11. marty99 as GAIVS SEMPRONIVS (Gaius Sempronius)
12. Sleepyhead as CAPVT FESSVS (Caput Fessus)
13. EUROO7 as EVRO TEMPVS ITERVS (Euro Tempus Iterus, or Euro Time Travel) Optimate hunted Night two
14. Cymsdale as BIGGVS DICKVS IVCVNDVS (Biggus Dickus Iucundus)
15. Lemeard as POSCA (Posca) hunted night 5.
16. PlankofWood as GAIVS OCTAVIVS who somehow snuck into the Senate after his bedtime (Gaius Octavius)lynched day 3.
17. Dr. Livingstone as TIBERIVS SALVIVS (Tibeius Salvius)

Subs:
1. Euro

Timeline:
Day 0: Senate is in session.
Night 1: Pompey worked too late.
Day 1: CÆCILIVS is drawn and quartered.
Night 2:ITERVS is stabbed before his time.
Day 2: COCLES has his other eye removed.
Night 3:CATO'S senatorial term is ended, and the MARTIVS dictatorship begins.
Day 3: OCTAVIUS is grounded.
Night 4:The Ghostbusters are called against CRASSVS
Day 4: SVLLA is exorcised.
Night 5:POSCA fades into history.

Last edited:
In as Marcus Tullius Cicero.

Does the red color work, or should I go for another color?

it works, but maybe use it more sparingly in the OP so it's not just solid red everywhere

Noted, only the Setting shall be red.

My character will be Marcus Porcius Cato Uticensis. It is Cato Minor. It will be an interesting deadline, considering it is 2 AM here.

My character will be Marcus Porcius Cato Uticensis. It is Cato Minor. It will be an interesting deadline, considering it is 2 AM here.

Sorry about that. I can move it forward, but then I might miss a deadline or two.

It's a bit of an eyesore, to be honest. Maybe this would be better? Or something a bit lighter, anyway?
I'll do this, even though the heavy red is a Roman thing...

In as MARCVS PORCIVS CATO UTICENSIS (Cato the Younger).

alxeu, Lemeard bless you with many TIEs for your choosing of a Roman setting and an American-friendly 00:00 GMT deadline.

FELICIOR AVGVSTO MELIOR TRAIANO

EDIT: ummm... Et tu, Wagonlitz?

In

Sorry about that. I can move it forward, but then I might miss a deadline or two.
It is no problem. The deadline should be when the GM has best time; not when it suits the players. When Vainglory last hosted a big deadline was 5 GMT. It just wanted to point out that people shouldn't expect me to be active around deadline, but since it is vacation now it might happen; there probably also will be less activity than usual, but that will of course depend on how many Europeans/Americans/Aussies join---perhaps this fits Vainglory and Capt. Kiwi so well that they join again.

In as MARCVS PORCIVS CATO UTICENSIS (Cato the Younger).

alxeu, Lemeard bless you with many TIEs for your choosing of a Roman setting and an American-friendly 00:00 GMT deadline.

FELICIOR AVGVSTO MELIOR TRAIANO

EDIT: ummm... Et tu, Wagonlitz?

Sorry, Wagonlitz beat you, my friend. Also, the most I'll move it back is 6 hours, my noon. I will miss approximately 2 deadlines due to this, but it will be assumed that deadline has happened anyway if I am not there.