• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(80089)

Corporal
Jul 10, 2007
I'm playing as count of Nordgau and I married my heir to a duchess ruling the county to the north. They both came of age, married and had a son before I died and my son inherited Nordgau. The grandson stayed at the wife's court and now I'm getting messages that she assassinated him! Even though he's her heir! That is a broken mechanic. Is there a fix to that?

Well, the point of dynasty is to make sure that titles stay within your dynasty. As I understand, you got a regular marriage with her, thus an heir will be of wrong dynasty to her. Thus to protect the title, she killed him and the title will pass to someone else within her dynasty instead of yours.

Well, the point of dynasty is to make sure that titles stay within your dynasty. As I understand, you got a regular marriage with her, thus an heir will be of wrong dynasty to her. Thus to protect the title, she killed him and the title will pass to someone else within her dynasty instead of yours.
Then why she got herself married anyway :D ? Dynasty does not really mater when picking targets...
She most likely killed her grandson, since her son/daughter was second in line to throne. Assassination plot uses fairly simple rule: My child is second in line to throne? My child is not first in line? Then assassinate first in line!

Wasn't a bastard. Was her own son, direct heir, not of age, but different dynasty. Maybe the computer got confused and treated him as a foreign heir because the husband ruled a different county?

Hmm yeah. It's kinda weird really. I don't think I've ever seen the AI kill one of its own children, grandchildren yeah but not their actual child even if it was from a different dynasty.

You can still assassinate your heirs by using money. You cannot plot it, but assassinate option in diplomacy menu still works.

Does the AI ever use that option though?

Hmm yeah. It's kinda weird really. I don't think I've ever seen the AI kill one of its own children, grandchildren yeah but not their actual child even if it was from a different dynasty.

You mean assassination? I suppose, i saw on some old patch notes that they fixed the AI so that it wouldnt assassinate itself :D

My character was assassinated by an AI recently. I tried killing a high intrigue King from another country through assassinate option and he instantly killed me off on next day, so yes they do use it.

You can test it out, by finding a high intrigue person. Give him and yourself a lot of money, and then try assassinate him until you are discovered a couple of times. Then on a next day he should retaliate.

That retaliation is actually just an event that a victim gets, and they chose the option to counter assassinate you. The ai doesn't actually press the assassinate button to do that, but I don't know if they ever use it. I've only been assassinated through plots as far as I know.

Is there a chance she was possessed? Or was crazy? Or any of those weird irrational traits that makes the AI act crazy?

Only ask because some of those weird traits makes crazy shit go down...