• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sardaukar

First Lieutenant
21 Badges
Aug 18, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I am trying to get Absolute Crown Authority for ERE (Byzantium), but seems it's very hard (or impossible).

Even when I cheated using console (allow_laws & cash..a lot of cash for bribing) and my Basileus Basileios "Ironside" has almost 12k prestige. No matter how much I bribe and feast etc...cannot get more than 100+ votes from 368. Is it because I have too many vassals or because some of them are Kings/Dukes outside my realm (like King of Georgia and King of Lothringen etc.)

I just need to know what else I can do to get it to Absolute? High Authority was piece of cake..but I am stuck here. It might be "too many held dutchies" maybe? That gives -40, I just noticed, to opinions. Have to unload those to suitable heir...I plan some "culling of the herd"..so to speak..:ninja::D

Funny thing, Emperors wife had fertility of 95% for starters, Emperor himself something like 70..no wonder they have 8 sons (2 dead) and daughter (Queen Mother of West Francia). I bet that amount of sons will bite in the ass with succession...but this is a test game anyway.

Usually I get to Absolute crown authority on my second ruler. If you make sure that you have a positive relationship with all vassals you should be able to change succession laws.

If you switch to elective you'll get a slight boost (if I remember correctly). That may be enough to enact the law you want. You can also try to lower taxes/levies for an opinion boost.

It's a good idea to wait until the end of your reign (age 50+), that gives you long reign bonuses and the empire will be more stable.

EDIT: Try to bribe the people that has good relations with you already, they're more likely to accept the law change after a gift :)

If you're cheating, then mind control the electors to vote "yes" for it (ie console "play <insert character ID here>")