• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay, Chancellor. Play your cards right and don't do any ethnic cleansing, and the Slavic peoples of the USSR will greet the Germans and Americans as liberators.

Beautiful story! Can't wait to hear of what happens to the Reds!

Chapter 14 - Ziel In Sicht

February, 1945. Conrad's gamble paid off, and the United States began a full-scale invasion of the eastern front with the Soviet Union. The other side just waited, as the remaining loyal Red Army hurled themselves at our anti-tank lines. Hopefully, the walls and forts would hold, but if they didn't we'd have to act fast. By the end of the month, we had pushed all the way to the Ural mountains, from the west side, and Conrad proposed another gamble: A naval invasion in Murmansk and near Rostov. Given the success of the last operation, I approved this. At this point, the Soviets had breached into Poland, and almost overrun Poland, but had stalled, thankfully. They had to draw divisions east to defend against the US. That was our chance, and the panzer-grenadiers rolled off the ships on the first of March. Before long, we were closing in on Moscow, and had secured Saint Petersburg as well as Stalingrad. I don't think we could have won without the droves of US Marines, and I called the president to personally thank him for all of his assistance in this struggle against tyranny.

By April 10, we had secured the surrender of the Soviet Union. My words were true: To fight an Englishman, you must use cunning, against cunning. But a Russian seeks to hurl himself at your lines with extreme amounts of supplies, and tries to force his way through using numbers. So, the easiest way to fight a Russian is to meet their tanks with anti-tank guns and landmines, and split their forces between two fronts. I personally saw to it that Josef Stalin was drug out of the Kremlin by a squad of SS, by his feet no less as he refused to stand, and took to trial for his forgotten crimes during the Russian revolution, and after. I couldn't help but feel a bit happy to see the hopes and dreams of this dictator crushed, but I still had work to do. The United States would occupy Russia's east coast, crippling their industry on that side, and we installed a puppet government in the areas we secured, west of the Urals. A proper, democratic government, something Russia had long lacked. The rest of the Union was put under a partial occupation by both sides, to help root out Stalinists and ensure proper elections.

During the war, the SPQR had also secured Sevastopol, and some of Armenia, from the former Union. Suspiciously, the SPQR had broken our alliance without any explanation, and I noticed an increasing amount of troops on their side of the border. For now, Deutschland would stay united with the rest of the nations it had annexed, 'til it deal with anything else that wishes to threaten it. Somehow, I suspected this wouldn't be the end of our duties.

Huge image below. View full-screen for better text.
grbd_map.png

Last edited:
Hurrah! The Red Menace has been vanquished! Now, we just need to decide how the spoils will be divided up. I imagine a quasi-independent Ukraine will be established (under a loyal puppet government, of course). Perhaps give Amur to Manchukuo (unless there's a political reason not to do that) or otherwise continue American occupation. Maybe give Karelia, Murmansk, the Kola Peninsula, and Leningrad to Finland. Then you can give Byelorussia and Volhynia to Poland.

I think you should have given all Russian Pacific Coastline to America, for good measure.

Also take naval bases for Germany in the White Sea region, all of the Russian coastline :p

Please, please say it ain't so...

Chapter 15 - Jahr Null

I've been running on ValveTime for a while, sorry.

[video=youtube;pmz7XbYlVqA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmz7XbYlVqA[/video]

Ahem. Now where were we? Yeah this AAR has gotten a bit awkward to manage, and the AI has been a bit silly at times.

June, 1945. My predictions were right. The Romans packed up their embassy and left a note behind after their people left, informing us all diplomatic ties were broken. Deutschland was more or less on its own, aside from the provisional governments that it lorded over, and the US.

brokenalliance.png

July 3, 1945. Roman troops crossed the borders of Deutschland, the provisional Russian territories, and France, at the same time. At first, they had success, due in no small part to our forces being positioned elsewhere. After this happened, an emergency meeting was called between the powers of Europe, and the Treaty of Bourgogne was signed. It placed Deutschland, Poland, the Baltic states, Denmark, Belgium, France, Spain, and the United Kingdom into a military alliance, and opened the borders for each country to citizens of any other that was part of the treaty.

pushback.png

We expected something terrible - and yet we found badly equipped troops who were barely able to push 200 kilometers into the borders of either country they were at war with. We could not help but smell a trap. And at last, one day while I was in Dresden we found out what the Roman secret was...

berlin.png

Last edited:
Plot twist: Romans set off their nuke in Rome.

Revengeeeee!!

This is so amazing.:D

I have to say that I haven't been venturing into the HOI AARs much of late, but the instant I saw the concept for this one I was hooked (although it looks like I'm a little late to the party in this case). Here's to hoping that the Romans will get their well-earned comeuppance for that heinous act of atomic barbarism!