1.08: A design issue with the 'Create Supply Dump' feature

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mr_B0narpte

Field Marshal
12 Badges
Mar 15, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
This has probably been documented elsewhere but there's a significant issue with this new feature. It particularly effects the UK, as well as any other country whose capital is not on the coast who has overseas ambitions.

For example, if I click create new supply dump anywhere overseas for the UK (which is pretty much everywhere!) then it sets up the supply route London -> Gibraltar/Bombay/Singapore etc. But, of course, as London is not on the coast it just says the trade route is blocked. Additionally, if I try and set up a manual convoy: for example Plymouth -> Bombay (even after cancelling the London -> Bombay route) then the list doesn't have Bombay on the list of possible supply dumps.

I know this probably doesn't apply to most players as they, presumably, use auto-trade but for those who prefer to micro-manage it is quite annoying.

Upvote 0