• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apparently I got the highest WE from a single battle in my first EU4 game.

Gx1mYuH.jpg

Also maybe there should be a record for most participants in a battle.

Attachments

• Gx1mYuH.jpg
    Gx1mYuH.jpg
    689,2 KB · Views: 120
Now that there's a new formable country, maybe a new record for fastest Kurland?

Can we have MP records (especially of battles) separated? They can clearly get much higher numbers than in games against AI.
Hm. This might be true in some cases. Mind pointing out some specific examples first, though?
I think there was some discussion earlier in this thread and the result was that all submissions need to be done in ironman
Actually that was only the conclusion for a very short period of time.
How about Coolest Prussia, is that a catagory?

I mean this wasnt using the HRE... this was conquest! It must be worth something. ;)
No, unfortunately. But if it was you would surely be a winner
Now that there's a new formable country, maybe a new record for fastest Kurland?
Alright, though I haven't looked at the formation requirements yet.
Some of this is B.S.

Oldest future cardinal at age 140? Oldest HEIR at 105???
Well, I suppose that sometimes people just get lucky with the game codes. I think this is fine to have.
Those were probably from one of the earlier patches (pre 1.3 I want to say) which allowed heirs and cardinals to get really old. While it is technically legitimate, there should probably be an updated listing from the latest patch. I could be wrong about that though (maybe they are up to date?)
Hm possibly. If someone could look it up in the most recent patch that would be cool. I'm not very good at figuring out such things.
Isn't ironman bugged, though?
Really? How so?
Rules at first page still say: there is no ironman needed.
Also can you save and reload with ironman. Just crash steam switch to your second PC and synch the cloud with the old save.
Its also possible with some other trix.

There is a hotfix (beta patch)
Yes, exactly right.
Highest siege percentage. I've not seen one higher than this before.

10255709_10203773804806634_5427957743988833510_o.jpg
Sorry, but I don't think this is a very good record. Were there not sieges that sat at 100% in EU4? Perhaps I am not understanding what you are submitting correctly, though.
Apparently I got the highest WE from a single battle in my first EU4 game.

Gx1mYuH.jpg

Also maybe there should be a record for most participants in a battle.
Unfortunately, I believe that you were looking at the sea battle record and not the land battle one. Sorry.
I set out to break the old manpower/army numbers and the obvious choice was Muscovy in 1.3.2.

General strategy/short AAR:

The general strategy was the standard Orthodox HRE with all the 1.3.2 cheese available. Making blobs release countries since they kept the cores. Having a ton of diplomats and bunching wars to save on dip with culture convert. Releasing countries at the end of a war cycle for the AE reduction. Perm, Nizhny Novogrod, and Livonian Order were my staples for a nice -210 AE. Orthodox HRE to go from being elected to revoking the privilegia in less than 45 years. Using the HRE to stay small since AE scaled with size in 1.3, to stay allied to France and off its rival list until I was big enough, and to make the 500% OE at the end of a war cycle manageable. As well as coring outpost provinces like Lika and Navarre to deal with European fighting and not having to walk all the way back to Russia every time.

The weird cores seem to be a problem unless you realize the rules. You shouldn't annex after a certain point unless you could release it within the month. Realize that core timers get cut in half if you release the country. This meant releasing countries and vassalizing the original (with truce breaks and massive OE if needed) was the way to go. Don't have a vassal for more than 50 years if you want to release it as a HRE vassal with all its cores. Keep cores alive by fighting with countries. I would often ally a country to declare war on another just to get cores to reset another 50 years. Finally, even if you do everything right, there are going to be situations where you will need to sell a vassal back its original provinces, so double and triple check the available cores when adding them to the HRE.

I didn't get any PUs (though in one of my earlier tries I PU'd a France that had already PU'd and integrated Portugal), but got lucky in other ways. I didn't have any terrible leaders and overall they were definitely above average. With some heir management, I avoided regencies altogether, some by mere months. Won 3 of the 4 'send for a medicus' events, and the one I lost, I actually got a better heir. Ming didn't explode before I got there. The Timurids did explode, but did in stages so it was fighting and resetting cores until I vassalized it at the last second. Burgundy became a decent colonizer. I was able to coax Denmark along until it integrated its PUs for easy and AE free core returns. And finally, I got a high admin ruler for when I westernized before 1550.

Setbacks were relatively minor. I was unable to secure Provence before France took it which caused me to have to integrate Castille and Portugal and have all their provinces (thus lots of AE scaling) until I could integrate France much later. I was also helping Poland along so it could form the Commonwealth (to release and feed Lithuania), but right before it reached Admin 10, Poland's 20 year old king died somewhere in Crimea (which didn't even have an army at the time) and lost the PU on Lithuania. I should've hit the colonizers asap or at least gotten them into more wars with France. GBR and Portugal got a bunch of colonies away and required a couple extra wars, OE and dip taking a lot of colonies, and a truce break to come under under control. And Castille? Listen, and understand. Castille is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until the world is colonized. Surrounding the capital and taking all its ports won't stop it.

I didn't think that there would be enough time to colonize everything since I released countries so late, but I underestimated their desire to spread across the globe. I also went around and put soldier on places where the AI is going to colonize to prevent natives from spoiling the AI's progress so it ended up being a complete WC. The last large war cycle took place around 1770 and I finished the WC by annexing Albania.

Ending screen + ideas

480AE6C01F76548CC80DCBC6786C796AF068E92C

TLDR: Complete WC with all 1419 provinces cored and Orthodox.

Throughout the game I had tried to spend excess military power on the first 3 levels of army buildings, especially in my colonies. I never had a lot of land of my own until the end, but it did make a noticeable difference. I spent about the last 50 years worth of monarch points on buildings and teching when needed. I increased my base manpower by almost 2 million and force limit by 300 from buildings built AFTER passing the last reform.

The manpower bonus is crazy. With Russian NIs, Orthodox, Quantity, Offensive, Aristocratic, and an advisor, Russian provinces had a base level of 368% manpower efficiency and 438% in places like Moscow where I had all the military buildings. The rest of Europe, Asia, and Africa had 335% base and 405% built up. Even overseas different culture provinces were at 285% baseline. I have overseas different culture provinces with no buildings with 481 manpower. I have Russian colonies with 1K base manpower but the first 3 army buildings with 471 manpower. I have 47 provinces with over 2000 manpower. The multiplier is so high that it would've been more monarch point efficient to build the barracks (third army building) than a conscription center (sixth building, 25% efficiency increase + 2 force limit) on everything. Yes, literally everything. Even in a province with 11k base manpower (the highest I had), accepted culture, AND a manufactory. I would've, too, except I wanted to increase force limit as well. Even the Agricultural Revolution events were worth over 100 manpower a piece.

9B024148A1EA8FB209BC8DF00A77D15CAE0AC3D7

662FB3851DE10184A9A222129385A1C72A5E76D4

As for the raw numbers, they're insane. 6123K base manpower. That's 71,249 a month in reinforcements. With the 'Excellent Year' event giving me 308K manpower per time, I went up to 9022K total manpower. I really was hoping to see if it could go 5 digits.

A2D40101D29BB6DE4D2B70F6BD74EE00FF59B50F

D0118092C713BD5E0B4D0A3E3732BD1A11FA08BE

Army numbers are equally insane, thanks to Russia's dirt cheap infantry and 50% force limit NI. I ended up with an army of 3165K troops and a force limit of 3004. I think the Mints I built with my last Adm points put me over the 3 mill barrier. I also had a force limit advisor that died relatively early in 1805 which could've made this even higher.

666DFD82164616045444B957024FBB18305BBDB5

Here's the manpower mode map. Yellow is 200+. Dark green is 500+. Lighter green is 1000+.

335A1BD82F998BA654A77BAE4E13F6FDB412CFB3

CE48C83A05405934AC9258297BC685E92A1AC951

edit: Well crap, I realized I forgot to change my government before passing the last reform so there's 10% efficiency I missed. That's probably ~250k base manpower.
Very nice! You should be known as the manpower master from now on!

Alright, though I haven't looked at the formation requirements yet.

Kurland and Semigallia owned and cored, Adm Tech at 10, Protestant or Reformed religion and at peace. Available for Riga or the Livonian Order.

It'd be pretty easy for The Livonian Order the real difficulty comes in the speed you can get to adm tech 10 and how quickly you can make your country experience the protestant reformation. Also surviving next to the Lithuanians (who hate you) and the Russians.

Edit: Also I found out recently that there's also Egypt and Bukhara.

Last edited:
Longest time until rebels enforce demands?

10259142_10203821863328067_3453744514808904505_o.jpg

Highest trade efficiency:

I'd also suggest deprecating existing records for highest trade income and total income, Paradox nerfed trade income long time ago and it's no longer possible to get incomes of that size.

If you decide to do this here's my 1.6.1 entry for these records.

Highest heretic tolerance? The beauty of the new patch is that it means having this much tolerance makes secularisation fully possible. In the 1500s.

42AD3D17CF7EB3BCB498AAED5EE7A50E890AB1AC

How are you suppose get to adm tech 10 to form italy in 1505.

Here's a picture of my progress in Feb 1505.

http://i.imgur.com/Sahr2RZ.jpg

It's probably back from 1.1 when Tuscany had 2 universities at start, there were -10% tech cost advisors, Tuscany's NI was -10% cost instead of -5%, and plutocracy was -10% instead of -5%. They also had the -5% from Innovative and there wasn't any increase over time. So that's -35.8% cost from your pic, which would put it just 8 mp over the point cap. They would've still needed at least 1 event -tech cost event, but it was certainly doable in earlier versions.

I'm super anxious. As pomerania its 1491 and I nearly have admin tech lvl 9 and there is 80 something % reform desire. I just need to be protestant and have lvl 10 admin tech. Think I can make it?

I'd also suggest deprecating existing records for highest trade income and total income, Paradox nerfed trade income long time ago and it's no longer possible to get incomes of that size.

If you decide to do this here's my 1.6.1 entry for these records.
At some point in time I will make a new records section and retire some of the old record holders.
How are you suppose get to adm tech 10 to form italy in 1505.

Here's a picture of my progress in Feb 1505.
durvas answered your question pretty well I'd say. Keep in mind that I may institute a new section with this record in it as well.
I think not having an iron-man requirement for this is extremely silly. This is way too easy to cheat on.
Well, this topic was addressed for the first couple pages of the thread, and most people felt that they did not want an ironman requirement. Having trust in people's honesty is alright, I'd say.
Kurland and Semigallia owned and cored, Adm Tech at 10, Protestant or Reformed religion and at peace. Available for Riga or the Livonian Order.

It'd be pretty easy for The Livonian Order the real difficulty comes in the speed you can get to adm tech 10 and how quickly you can make your country experience the protestant reformation. Also surviving next to the Lithuanians (who hate you) and the Russians.

Edit: Also I found out recently that there's also Egypt and Bukhara.
Thanks for the info. I added in Bukhara and Egypt to the records.
Longest time until rebels enforce demands?
I thought about it, and I think this record is more of a strange screenshot than anything. It does not really merit a new record I believe
Isn't Bukhara formable now as well? There isn't a record for it.
Yes, it has been added.

Once again, sorry for my lateness in replying. I will try to be more punctual during the summer, but I will be gone for two weeks from today, so please be patient until I get back. If you have anything comments or complaints or whatever about what I've done then post it her in the thread or private message me.
Still glad to see people posting those records!