• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
FDD13BE48083C8E6087C9974DBDF24A1960BC694

Got the three mountains achievement, turns out I also did a pretty quick WC.

I got lucky and took out Ming in the first 40 years, and then I just snowballed from there. Would have finished 10 years earlier if I noticed France hiding on an island in the middle of the pacific. I also abused a mission for near infinite diplo and admin points, does that still count?

And man am I rich, I didn't even look at that after the 1600s.

I got lucky and took out Ming in the first 40 years, and then I just snowballed from there. Would have finished 10 years earlier if I noticed France hiding on an island in the middle of the pacific. I also abused a mission for near infinite diplo and admin points, does that still count?

And man am I rich, I didn't even look at that after the 1600s.

Neat. Can you give ironman proof ? Did you also become a protectorate ?

Neat. Can you give ironman proof ? Did you also become a protectorate ?

No protectorate. I abused the Irish. Vassilized Tyrone pretty early and made friends with the others around it. Annexed it whenever I needed to tech up for the western arms trade/neighbour bonus. I was able to conquer the chinese tech group without caring about AE just because I had Shan, Xi, and Zhou vassals stomping everything for me. And by the time I had the chinese group I was strong and rich enough that I was able to get a foothold pretty much wherever and alternate my conquests. I did end up with localised coalitions, though. Timurids hated me for most of the game, and Austria was another participant for a long time.

I'll post up the ironman proof when I have access to my computer again.

No power projection? What version are you running?

And without administrative efficiency or abusing protectorate, how in the world did you stomp the world hard enough to break the uber-coalitions?

Last edited:
No power projection? What version are you running?

And without administrative efficiency or abusing protectorate, how in the world did you stomp the world hard enough to break the uber-coalitions?

By switching up where I was taking provinces. Once I had Shan, Xi, and Zhou as vassals coalitions in south asia didn't really matter, so there was a small one there. Then I just changed where I attacked by watching the culture and religion maps. The south indians didn't care all that much that I was killing the north indians, and no one really cared that I was killing the southeast asians, other than the other southeast asians.

Arabia was a bit harder, so I focused hard on the timurids so I could gain access to north africa (and muslim infantry). That put them and Hedjaz in a coalition. But really, mamluks alone and mamaluks + a 10k army isn't much different. I did have to fight a semi uber coalition of timurids austria and muscovy, but at that point I was nearing a million troops, so I just threw bodies at them till they gave up.

Most of Europe was also in a coalition when I really focused on them. I had all of asia, africa, the americas, and oceania at this point. I was also careful and slowly dismantled Spain and Portugal from the start (GB and France were both protestant, and the iberians were catholic so no alliances there) so realistically the only powers in Europe were GB, France and Scandinavia (which was bloody huge) they would have completed the "Sweden is not overpowered" achievement haha. To deal with them I took advantage of a war between GB and France and took half of France, that put most of Europe and France in a war with me, then I took a chunk out of GB. That put them in a coalition with me, but severely weakened both. Then it was just a matter of dealing with Scandinavia (who was already in the Coalition) so that started the me vs Europe wars. I think Austria had over 1400 AE against me when I annexed them. Haha.

Wait, really? The tooltip just disappears?

Yeah, it does that. I didn't bother with rivals though. I would rival a large power right before I beat them up, got a bunch of power projection for taking provinces and then they would no longer be a choice to rival. I didn't really care, with NF set to military, and tech levels that were on par with the Europeans (and ahead of time usually) the extra 1 to all didn't matter.

Yeah, it does that. I didn't bother with rivals though. I would rival a large power right before I beat them up, got a bunch of power projection for taking provinces and then they would no longer be a choice to rival. I didn't really care, with NF set to military, and tech levels that were on par with the Europeans (and ahead of time usually) the extra 1 to all didn't matter.

Do you know whether PP decays when tooltips dissappears? I'm pretty sure that you still have PP, it's just hidden.

2014-08-05_00005.jpg

Is this sufficent for Ironman proof? (For some reason you have to open it in a new window)

Do you know whether PP decays when tooltips dissappears? I'm pretty sure that you still have PP, it's just hidden.

Honestly, I didn't notice. I'm not getting my extra leader anymore, and I had 60 or so PP when it disappeared.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, how does one "take out Ming in the first 40 years"?

Hah, that was more good luck than good playing. They lost the mandate of heaven really quickly, and Oirat and Manchu decided they needed to die right then. Shan, Xi, and Zhou all rebelled, but were OPMs, so I took out a ton of loans and vassalized them before they got too big. Then I watched as the rebels helped them grow. DOWing Ming to return the rest of the cores finished Ming off.

Ming also decided they didn't like Korea, and attacked them really quickly (before losing mandate), so I vassalized them, too (Ming killed their navy and army and took a fair amount of their provinces). Most of their cores were returned by rebels as well.

It was a silly lucky start, I'm glad I was paying attention to Ming.

Last edited:
What you're saying is: You succesfully did world conquest as ryukyu and didn't bother taking any screenshoots underway? It's madness!

I took 3-4, most were of enemy generals or notable battles I fought during the campaign. I don't take many screenshots haha.

Here's one of the Bohemian generals I was fighting:

06FB19DC93BD69CEFE585008BFA04E22B56BA8C8

Luckly I had like 10x the troops they did, so I just threw bodies at them until I won.

How did you get Japan to colonize for you? There is the shaking hands alert for too many diplomatic relations. When you are the only country on earth, who are the relations with? Why on earth are you sitting on max monarch points in every category? Must know. Would like to try a run myself someday....

How did you get Japan to colonize for you?

Ryukyu is japanese, so those "Japanese something" countries are my colonial nations, so they are my colonies.

There is the shaking hands alert for too many diplomatic relations. When you are the only country on earth, who are the relations with?

My colonial nations. I have 7 or 8 of them.

Why on earth are you sitting on max monarch points in every category? Must know. Would like to try a run myself someday....

Nothing to spend them on (also, lazy. Sick of building buildings). I have max tech, and the ahead of time is preventing me from teching up. I've only taken France in the last few wars and the screenshot was from seconds after I annexed them, so I didn't even core anything yet (from prior wars with France). I also have a forcelimit of ~3500 at this time, so I have armies everywhere smacking down rebels, so I don't really need to spend MP on revolt suppression.