Crusader Kings II Save Converter Announced for Europa Universalis IV

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow! I had read just this:

Paradox Interactive
Today we announced that if you pre-order Europa Universalis IV, you will get a save converter which will read the details of a saved game from a Crusader Kings II and convert that into a game that can be played in Europa Universalis IV.
To showcase this we're hosting a live steam tonight at 11 am PDT (6 pm GMT/7 pm BST/ 8 pm CEST)

(which is what appeared on Facebook).

Fantastic news then!

Unify the British isles sounds good to start EUIV with, GB nation at the start. Take the Canaries and Iceland for as colonial stepping stones and a few island in the Mediterranean, anything else would be OP but fun :)

But that mean I have to leave France alone in CKII because I want to stomp them in EUIV. Stomp em, let em grow a bit and stomp them some more. :laugh:

I dont care alot about the converter because i tend to own most of europe at the end of a CKII game and it would make a pretty easy EU IV Game with such a start i guess but the free copy is really nice!
Forcing a friend into a multiplayer game will be a lot easier now :-D

Thx a lot!

O btw: Demo? :D

One of the things you can do though is play Ck2 as one nation then play EU4 as another nation which should be a bit of a challenge almost like playing against yourself.

Create a Roman Empire controlling whole Europe in CK2 and then play as Japan or Korea... or Aztecs.
Good luck.

Play an Islamic state hell bent on sacking Constantinople. sounds like a really fun way to set up a challenge.

Restore the Roman Empire completely...then crush it in EU4.

I have my first AAR!

EDIT: I got Emued hard...

<-------- too slow

So I guess we have to have played a CK2 game all the way through until 1453 or whenever it ends (I've never finished a game of CK2) to use the converter? Hmmm, I might have some work to do in the next couple of weeks.

Restore the Roman Empire completely...then crush it in EU4.

I have my first AAR!

EDIT: I got Emued hard...

Starting in 1337 as Byzantium is pretty good moment to recover old territories (without overextending) and continue in EU4

Of course unless rest of Europe doesn't get crushed by Mongols or something.

So I guess we have to have played a CK2 game all the way through until 1453 or whenever it ends (I've never finished a game of CK2) to use the converter? Hmmm, I might have some work to do in the next couple of weeks.

Probably at least until 11 November 1444. But ending date of vanilla CK2 is 1453, yes.

Maybe we would be able to convert to mods of EU4 too, then year 1356 could be possible too (a popular starting date in major EU mods).

Great news !!!!!

I just wanted to say that while it would be nice if the converter could deal with mods people should not expect it to be able to do so.

Its hard enough to convert to different game when you are doing so from know quantities. I think it might be a little to difficult for the convertor to be able to handle mods which are all different.