• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter II: To Engrave Our Name In History Pt.2

Brabant was losing a trench fight against Burgundy, Their army now marched toward us. The Palatinate had retreated to their home country, so all that was left to defend was Trier and I. We had the province of Cambray under siege when Burgundy attacked. Unfortunately for them, the Battle did not go as planned....

Burgundy knew that this sequence spelled defeat for them. They pulled their forces back and focused on Brabant. Trier also pulled back due to their depleted army.

Unfortunately, Brabant had now gone Bankrupt from all the fighting and they were now unable to fund the war. Burgundy smelled blood. They Immediately came back to attack my army in Cambray.

But something....... seemed off.......​

They were unable to capitalize and ride the momentum. They marched into Brabant, 6000 men strong, but came back..... with 3000. This baffled our leaders. But the answer son came to us. We were not the only nation Burgundy was at war with!!!

Burgundy had allied itself with Milan. Milan had war declared on it by none other then the strongest nation in the empire, Austria!! Austria was allied to Switzerland...... Southern Burgundy didnt stand a chance......

But this was the greatest news we could receive!!! We could taste victory. Luxembourg could TASTE the sweet victory at hand!!! The troops could taste it too!! So could Trier and Palatinate. Burgundy had been beaten. Now, all there was to do but take over their lands!!.

They finally forced a peace deal from Brabant. It did not matter to us, Brabant had served its purpose.

Another province has fallen.

We finally finished the hostile takeover of Flanders. Now, it was time to take the fight to their capital!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Everyone who reads this AAR STOP!!!! WITNESS AND ACKNOWLEDGE!!!

You have just watched one of the strongest nations get defeated by an OPM!!!​

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Until next time!!!

End of Chapter II​

Damn. I definitely forgot about that.....

Wahaha!

They'll lose the cores in 1449 due to the different culture group, but good luck lasting that long without warring with them. Incorrect. France will probably attack you when you're at war with the HRE, who's the only thing deterring them from killing you. But that was an excellent combination of good playing and good luck.

Generally, I find that if you stay relatively small, they'll usually leave you alone because you're not important enough to be considered a threat. That was the case in my Holland game in my AAR, but in my current game as the Teutons they decided to attack me even though I had the second largest army and a ton of allies (and also, a border with them).

Give them a royal marriage and military access to your country and hope for the best, but if they start embargoing you (and definitely, if they cancel the access), prepare for war. Then again, knowing how you play in your AARs, you'll probably jump on them before long =)

EDIT : Screwed up. I forgot that Luxembourg and the surrounding provinces are Wallonian, not Flemish, so the French cores will never go away. Well, good luck beating up France in the near future, you'll need it.

Last edited:
Very well played, my good man. Very well played.

Taking Burgundy out early is always a good thing - though I think I've only ever won two wars in EU (I'm definately not as good at it as CK ;))

I'm looking forward to seeing what Luxembourg will do next.

Then again, knowing how you play in your AARs, you'll probably jump on them before long =)

Made my Freakin Day. I laughed so loud my girlfriend hit me with a shoe!!

WOOOO. GO LUXEMBOURG. u

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Very well played, my good man. Very well played.

Taking Burgundy out early is always a good thing - though I think I've only ever won two wars in EU (I'm definately not as good at it as CK ;))

I'm looking forward to seeing what Luxembourg will do next.

Well yea. Ive only seen the main interface of CK got confused and logged off. so you still have me beat!! Luxembourg is just getting started!!

Hi Atbking, I just made an account to congratulate you on that astounding victory against Burgundy. I wish I could play this game as well as you, you are truly an amazing player.

WOW. Its comments like that that make doing AAR's worth while. Welcome to the forums and thank you!!

About to start writing the next chapter. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEE READY!!!!

Luxembourg will be the Green Big Blub of Europe.
Also if you destroy France will you remake France?

*Has the idea of an evil French king twisting his moustache*

You're doing really great though. Also, I consider this challenge of you, but I have to much fun with MEIOU and my AAR.

*Has the idea of an evil French king twisting his moustache*

You're doing really great though. Also, I consider this challenge of you, but I have to much fun with MEIOU and my AAR.

I agree. You wouldnt be able to do the challenge anyway. If anything deters me from my Lotharingian AAR, there will be consequences. I mean look at what happened to Seelmeister. I grounded him until I get my AAR closure. You dont want that to happen to you!!

Oh, Here is your French King

http://www.luckypalm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/edward_III.jpg

Nice work vs. Burgundy, but it appears from all your screens that you're 4 years in and still haven't made your first slider move. Did you forget?!? Or is this some sort of advanced strategy of which I'm unaware?

Good to read that you like my AAR though and want it to continue.

I love it!! Anything that destroys France and Burg is great in my book.

Nice work vs. Burgundy, but it appears from all your screens that you're 4 years in and still haven't made your first slider move. Did you forget?!? Or is this some sort of advanced strategy of which I'm unaware?

Why thank you. I was sweating the entire time!! About the slider....I was at war with Burg. These things happen when your OPM.... But yes.... I forgot.

@Bleurabbit7: I do. I do. I grab life by the horns. I would say something else but this is a family site.

@Gnorf: I do apologize. That was a miss understanding of words. I was starting to PALY the next chapter, as I havent played ahead yet. But, I will do a release of this and Frankfurt today.

Chapter III: The Unification of Flanders Pt. I

Burgundy Has tasted defeat. Defeated by the very nation it looked down on as an easy conquest. They were baffled at how their strength was reduced to nothing under our might. Might?? We had no might. We had Strategy. Burgundy, Was beaten with careful planning and perfect execution. With that, we gained four new provinces. One of these provinces was a port. We did not have a core just yet, but soon, we shall make a navy that controls the waters outside Flanders to protect ourselves from a Naval invasion. Right now, we had to think of our immediate future. Because our new Biggest threat loomed over us. A threat even bigger then Burgundy.....

France is now looking at our lands as a future conquest.​

This does not bode well. If we were to go to war with France. Bohemia wouldnt be able to protect us. Austria would, but not Bohemia. France is too strong for Bohemia. Their land in its own is almost as large as the Holy Roman Empires. We needed to find a stronger Ally, or find more land to put under Luxembourg Control. Luxembourg had all the Allies it needed. Now, It was time to expand.

Our immediate surrounding nations were very plentiful. Annexing them would bring major prosperity to Luxembourg. But who do we start with.

Hainaut. We decided to start with Hainaut. Hainaut's allies were not that powerful. Our allies would easily handle them easily, we thought. But we should hold off on allowing our allies to join so we can be in position to take all the land and glory for ourselves.

Let this war commence.​

This does not look good on Palatinates side. They wont be able to handle such foes on their own. We shall reinforce them soon as Hainaut falls.

Hainaut has been annexed. Now, it is time to finish this war before France gets any ideas....

End of Chapter III​

Chapter IV: The Unification of Flanders Pt.2

Hainaut has been annexed. The main focus of the war has been completed. Now all that was left to do was end it. But we also had a core on Lorraine's province of Metz. We were willing to take that shot of infamy for their defeat. But all the other allies in the war began to fight harder.
This would not stop the impending doom that will soon fall upon them.

Holland thought that they could attack through a naval invasion. Unknown to them, that was a bad Idea. Palatinate was having trouble dealing with the combined might of Ulm, Ansbach, Aachen and Lorraine. We Marched to their rescue.

Lorraines main Army gave us the Slip and besieged my capital. The army had a total 7,000 attacking. We stayed behind to finish off Ansbach and Ulm. My capital fell soon after.

Holland was going through my land uncontested, so I sent the army there after the defeat of Aachen and Ansbach.

During this, We got a call for an Alliance, from two different nations!!

Palatinate was still ahving trouble with Ulm, I dont understand how, but they were.

We Finally pushed Holland out of Picardie and they asked for a white peace almost instantly. Then they arranged for our Excommunication. How petty.

Ulm called for peace with Palatinate and that left only Lorraine left to fight me. They were dealt with, easily. The army was split and both cities were besieged. Now it as only a matter of time.

Defeat at the hands of Lorraine. This was only the beginning. and Lorraine will not be the last one to taste defeat at our hands.

End of Chapter IV​