• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Like anything would make the Chinese happy, with the exception of complete and utter fragmentation. But congratulations on unifying China! Some day, you'll even be able to name your country after itself. Until then, try to avoid choking on the inevitable winds from the west.

Hi! Thanks for still sticking around. I've played ahead quite a while (to about 1710) and honestly the game is getting a little boring. However, I do have a big plan in stock that I think will be fun to excecute and fun for you to watch... You'll see in about 20 episodes or so.

Also, InvisibleSandwi and ATBKING, I'm a big fan of you guys AARs! I'm honored to have you here.

CHAPTER 12: It's about getting with the times and getting Taiwan. Also, Ösel.

8HJceRR.jpg

We've finally, FINALLY expanded our rule over all of China. The mandate of heaven is a great modifier and almost a necessity to keep order. Also, we get cores on everything.

DBIoW7V.jpg

We integrate Min. There's rebel stuff going on in the background, but nothing too tough to deal with.

BNzokfw.jpg

There's an open Idea slot and I opt for Excellent Shipwrights. We need to have the best boats in the world! Also, at this stage I'm planning to colonize: in retrospect, I don't think I should have. Colonization is always so boring/gamey and it ended up being boring/gamey this game too, but ah well.

l0JS7Tx.jpg

We build an embassy in Ulanchaab, because hey, we haven't forgotten about the mongols just yet. We're creating job opportunities in our rural areas! Embassies are more useful in EU3Plus than in vanilla but a bit more expensive, I think.

UCWJeTF.jpg

We add Ryukyu to our SoI, thereby technically winning the game, but we'll keep playing anyway.

ee5RWg6.jpg
HXkSVjZ.jpg

Our naval technology advances to 10, which lets us build better boats and annex Taiwan. Our rule over the seas begins.

z3DcDua.jpg
s1t0KB1.jpg

Slider move towards innovative. We're ready to modernize now, just need some stability first. Tianfu decides to throw a cool party the night before so that everyone will be hung over when he passes the reforms.

jNm4Yi3.jpg
y3UILLK.jpg

Obviously, everyone is mad, but at least we're gonna have a fighting chance against the Europeans now. Also, our tech bump makes us move up in three techs immedately. Three cheers for progress!

oW9R4St.jpg

Deyi comes up with the great idea to dazzle everyone with our new ship technology. Our research rate is actually at 105 % now, i.e slightly faster than the Europeans, so if we dedicate ourselves and manage to keep the nation stable we might be able to catch up (spoiler alert: we won't be able to keep the nation stable)

huHGfoF.jpg

Huangdi is dead. New Huangdi is too young. Our regency council is pretty terrible, but we'll only have to deal with them for seven years and it's not like we were gonna go to war anyway.

A2PY4AQ.jpg

Come on game, we're putting down like three rebellions a month! We're not being THAT decadent.

Also, our general is pretty cool. The Alantai family has provided several good generals for Qing. If I would put any effort into this I'd write a little story around them. For now, they're Cyborg Space Koreans from the future sent back to prevent Kim-Jong-X-256 from conquering the world in 20XX.

2OUiAi4.jpg

Noveau Huangdi. He's alright. Diplomacy will be important, after all, until our international situation stabilizes.

tTfdkFf.jpg
HglMhGI.jpg

I wasn't sure what this event would do. I was like 'Dai Viet getting cores on itself? Sure alright lol' and then this happened. I am okay with this. Vietnamese are cool. It also means being able to stick it to the Chinese - no, you cant have a Chinese dynasty on the throne, no matter what you do. The Qing dynasty is probably Chinese strictly gameplay speaking but it was Mongol in my head dammit

tVxL3ce.jpg

Ösel goes independent. They're not Estonia but they are Estonians and that sorta counts. Good luck, little one province one.

G2hYOTY.jpg

The modernization brings benefits - we have invented artillery. At this rate, we'll soon be towering above the other asian nations in tech.

5IZypIy.jpg

The episode ends with a look on what's to come: in two years, we'll be able to colonize. Where will the Sino-Vietnamese-Mongol Empire next spread its influence? Find out next friday or so, because now my exams start. Have a good week, friends.

Last edited:
I once westernised as Qinq.I fear you for the pain that you will have to endure.
On a slighty happier note,you have persuaded me to replay EU3+!