• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Or can they?

SchwimmpanzerII_2.jpg

http://www.littlewars.se/sealion/germanweapons.html

What about this?

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
The [I]Haunebu[/I]?

I even thought for a while about doing an icon for this (latest Int model) in the Tripartite Pack... I still haven't, though ;:)

Sidenote: This AAR has been going on for 2 months now. Time passes fast!

Chapter 49: Better A-bomb than F-bomb
1 April 1947 - 1 July 1947

The Axis seemed unstoppable by land. Within 20 days, Bhutan and Saudi Arabia were annexed.

ScreenSave0_zps4065d876.png

ScreenSave1_zps8a3ecbeb.png

Germany had one nuke on their arsenal, but it was going to be used during the invasion of Britain.

ScreenSave2_zpsa2ce98a9.png

More ships were set into production.

ScreenSave3_zpsd9309cb4.png

ScreenSave10_zpsbec1ef15.png

Germany declared war on Yemen in order for the axis to have control of the whole Middle East.

ScreenSave4_zps86ce2d9a.png

ScreenSave5_zpsb9446312.png

ScreenSave6_zps08e2b2a3.png

Turkey was annexed in June. It was split between Germany and Italy.

ScreenSave7_zps78baa341.png

The fascist government in Mengkukuo declared their independence from their Soviet oppressors.

ScreenSave8_zpsfa11ca2b.png

China saw this as a chance to recover some lost territory and intervened.

ScreenSave12_zps5aab0f1d.png

The allies were finally able to offer some resistance in Burma.

ScreenSave9_zpsf9fb26b1.png

ScreenSave11_zps1fea9aaf.png

ScreenSave13_zpse8545913.png

The first half of 1947 had passed and the Germans prepared for a final invasion in the middle east.

ScreenSave14_zps951486b2.png

Our blood is all red,
the World is all grey.
Some enemies are dead,
others are on the way

Berlin - 1 July 1947​

This is one of the most entertaining, and well written AAR's I've ever read. Great job all around sir! Makes me want to restart as Japan and try my luck again. Was playing with CORE .6, and struggling at last go..

lanceabunch: Thank you. Always nice with some positive input.
Gen. Marshall: In AoD you can only land in provinces that have beaches. The UK has had 10 years to fill them up with units.

Chapter 50: Band der Brüder
1 July 1947 - 1 November 1947

In order to move units through water you need transports. That is the usual convention. Therefore a large batch of transports were set into production.

ScreenSave4_zps56b6c03e.png

Germany declared war on Lebanon and Italy annexed them within one week.

ScreenSave0_zpsce9a3cc0.png

ScreenSave2_zps43f9b731.png

China also annexed Mengkukuo with ease. The international community (specially Germany) won't tolerate this kind of behaviour!

ScreenSave1_zpsc5eba321.png

Meanwhile in Burma, the allies kept fighting on. Each time the Germans destroyed one division, new ones were transported in. The Allies even managed to push the Japanese down.

ScreenSave3_zpscaaffdbd.png

ScreenSave5_zpsf1147bb7.png

ScreenSave6_zpsaa53f4eb.png

1st of November arrived and the German troops were recovering for a major offensive. Hopefully the allies will be kicked out before the end of the Year.

ScreenSave7_zps5ba6166f.png

When the German army is done in Burma, they need to kick the US out of Malaysia. Operation Sea Lion is under preparations, but ships aren't built overnight unfortunately.

State visit to Tokyo - 1 November 1947​

Maybe you should let the UK do some invasions on you. Let them establish a small beachhead and them crush it. Thereby you can hope to reduce the amount of troops you have to fight on the UK mainland.

Chapter 51: Back stabbed by Italy
1 November 1947 - 12 April 1948

During the next 5 months, new ships were put into production. The Kriegsmarine would come back stronger than ever.

ScreenSave0_zps0642192b.png

ScreenSave2_zps5262335d.png

ScreenSave3_zps36ba36f4.png

Meanwhile, the Allies where destroyed in Burma and the Germans worked their way down Malaysia.

ScreenSave1_zpsd0061f92.png

ScreenSave5_zpseb771f36.png

Moscow revolted once again and it was decided that a division would be stationed there.

ScreenSave6_zpseb158310.png

On the 12th of April, Italy took Germany by surprise by declaring war on the Soviet Union. Germany, that was preparing for Operation Sea Lion and fighting in Indochina, was caught with it's pants down. The Soviets outnumber the Germans protecting the front and there is fear that they may push Germany back.
Mussolini really screwed us this time!

ScreenSave7_zps22306908.png

Will Germany be able to defeat the Soviets once more? This time there are no giant German armies in the frontlines, but solely a few Infantry Divisions. How will this affect the plans of an invasion of Britain?

Berlin Emergency Meeting - 12 of April 1948​

There is quite a lot of room for you to retreat (2-3 provinces deep) and redeploy your armies there. The SU is chronic short on WP provinces (Sverdlovsk, Irkutsk, something else), most of them near or in high-infra regions. So the WP race might work.

absolutely awesome!!! i have read it all today i totally love it, that bold move at southern russian encircling entire russian armies works great, but i suggest some territorial adjustments, like liberating some nations in order to free troops for the east and the invasion of england

Chapter 52: Scorched earth
12 April 1948 - 1 May 1948

A new war with the Soviet Union has begun. The reds are thirsty for revenge. In order to defeat the Soviets we need to occupy some provinces in the middle of their territory.

anim_0846ae62-54b8-9ea4-4502-d655fef4a7b2.gif

Map at the Start of the war

The first question that comes to mind is, how many armies are in position in the different fronts?

The most protected front is the Manchukuo-Mongolia front. The Manchukuan army has around 6 divisions in each province and will face only 1 Mongolian division per province.

The least protected boarder is the Soviet Japanese border. There are Just 2 Japanese divisions in the whole front, and it seems like the Soviets have left it empty.

The Soviet German borders are the most worrying. Every German province is currently protected by 3 infantry divisions and the Soviets seem to have around 9 divisions in every province.

The plan is to hold them back long enough for the reinforcements to arrive from Germany and Indochina.

Within one hour of the declaration of war, the Soviet started multiple offensives. The German reinforcements were being redeployed 2 provinces before the front lines. Unfortunately it would take around one month for them to arrive.

ScreenSave7_zpsc31842cf.png

The Germans were forced to start retreating 2 days later.

ScreenSave9_zps729376d8.png

ScreenSave10_zps06a8fa85.png

In the North the Germans made their first attempt at an offensive.

ScreenSave12_zps969f5e41.png

The German armies are unable to hold the Soviets back for long. The Soviets start advancing into Germany.

ScreenSave13_zpse6f80f08.png

ScreenSave14_zps85ada1ff.png

ScreenSave16_zps8da4ab9a.png

ScreenSave21_zps56001d6c.png

screensave22_zpse6f0f20a.jpg

ScreenSave25_zpsb8b73c0c.png

ScreenSave26_zps8395d938.png

ScreenSave27_zps343ee246.png

In an attempt to slow down the Soviet offensive in Persia, the X. Armeekorps is sent to cut off the supply lines of the advancing armies.

ScreenSave28_zps58ac714c.png

Astrakhan is lost. The Soviets are reaching the third line of provinces to which the Armies where being redeployed.

ScreenSave30_zpsd1577efe.png

ScreenSave31_zps96b4e450.png

ScreenSave32_zps809c9410.png

Within half a month the Soviets have proven to be unstoppable. Hopefully the reinforcements will help change this.

ScreenSave33_zps00cf8bfd.png

The first month of war has been focused on Retreating and Scorching the land. Unfortunately this has not slowed the Soviets down nor weakened them. One thing is certain: Operation Sealion is on hold until we defeat with the Soviets.

Berlin - 1 May 1948​

I think that as soon as reinforcements have arrived, you should be able to overcome the Soviets easily. Just make sure you don't lose any divisions before that time. X Armeekorps' advance looks rather dangerous, and you might want to consider retreating units that are not under attack, just to keep a coherent front. Any excess units would make more of a difference reinforcing weakspots, than they are attacking Siberian wastelands.

And I heard you are doing a Danish CK2 AAR after this? A CK2 AAR by you would make me a very happy man :)

I think that as soon as reinforcements have arrived, you should be able to overcome the Soviets easily. Just make sure you don't lose any divisions before that time. X Armeekorps' advance looks rather dangerous, and you might want to consider retreating units that are not under attack, just to keep a coherent front. Any excess units would make more of a difference reinforcing weakspots, than they are attacking Siberian wastelands.

And I heard you are doing a Danish CK2 AAR after this? A CK2 AAR by you would make me a very happy man :)

Good points.
All the stuff that you have pointed out I have failed to comply with in the next chapter. Hopefully it will get better in chapter 54 :)

I am currently working on a CK2 AAR, because this one may soon be coming to an end

It's not a Denmark AAR ... shhh! didn't hear that from me. :D