• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's sort of like the Viking invasions, only with tanks, and instead of looting monasteries the invaders make a beeline for the local fish and chip shops.

I only see Brits in that landing, and only inf too, where are the Americans?

I would not be surprised to see another attack somewhere else. Something bigger, with more armor. The British attack may end up being a very effective 'distraction' in Spain that could end up costing them Gibraltar if not dealt with. But without any armor? Something else is brewing I think...

It was such a pity to see the sinking of the KM. That was costly. But turning back the Russians and gaining air superiority over them.... Priceless!

Last edited:
Mars is Sweedish for March, and the God of War seemed appropriate in this context, I guess....

Exactly. Out of sync... Fixed now.

Time is working against the Allies here. Spain might prove too little too late. They'd have to conquer that country and then march for Rome immediately afterwards. That's ambitious with Axis forces still sitting in Africa.

Good job knocking out a few units in the east. I wonder if Ztalin can replace those losses as easily as before or if his manpower is running low by now. I just don't trust those espionage reports at all.

Nice update!

Really wonder how far behind the Allies and Comintern are in tech. Seems conquering half of Europe gives Germany in particular a massive bonus in leadership.

Chapter XXXXVII - Another Allied landing

Players: 2xSOV, USA, UK, 2xGER, JAP, ITA

Recap: The Soviet push has been relentless for years and the Wehrmacht was starting to disintegrate. Still, the Allies were driven into the sea a second time with heavy losses and Japan sent over 200 000 men to support the Axis in Europe. With that the situation started to stabilize and with Luftwaffe being improved with jet engines, air to air missiles and radar guided bombs the Red Army started to take serious losses and their manpower pool seemed finally to drain.

And then, just when life yet again seemed bright for the Axis, another Allied attack. Spain was the target, as was rather expected. Although expected, the Axis had not had any resources to put here. Their lines were already stretched rather thin.

March 10th, 1944

This would become painful…

………………………………………………..

March 17th, 1944

The German offensive in the South East drove to a halt. Although the Red Army had lost divisions they seemed to have gotten reinforced and in combination with their new defensive terrain, further attacks would be too painful. Also, with the Allied attack on Spain, troops were needed elsewhere.

Yellow lines show were the border were before the offensive.

March 24th, 1944

The Spaniards had lost a lot of divisions previously in the war. With several divisions aiding the Germans on the east front, the few token divisions could do little else than marginally stall the Brits (supported by American Expeditionary Forces).

The Axis had problems to mount a proper reaction as they were so tied down in other theatres. A rag tag group army corps of Japs, Italians and Spaniards came in from the north, and Luftwaffe made sure to give the Allied front troops a good bombing.

Still, they were closing in fast on Madrid.

March 25th, 1944

And then came the 3rd American landing in France…

March 29th, 1944

The Allies were closing in fast on Madrid, only defended by an Italian mountaineer division. It would surely not hold. Only good thing was that the loss of Madrid would not be enough to break the Spaniards. There was still a chance…

March 29th, 1944

Although the Russ has been temporarily stopped in the East, they have an open road to the Balkans. The West, though, is leaking. The Americans has an open road to Paris with just a few Italians in Belgium and Netherlands. By the Spanish border, there are still only a few Axis units around. Not enough to really hurt the Brits.

The situation is starting to look really grim… again. One of very few good news is that the Soviet manpower pool finally seem to have dried up. Although it will have little effect in short term, it will mean they cannot spam units and they cannot be completely ignorant to losses.

March, 1944

Although meaningless on a tactical level, killing Russians in the East suddenly meant something. During late February, the Japs activated the previously dormant Far East Front. During March they won a few victories.

…………………………
(Sorry for short chapter. I needed to cut it here)

Last edited:
gorgious!

Would you give us a short overview about the Axis' airforces or is this still classified? At least you have an abundance of fuel, which often hampered the war effort in the last days...
Who owns Gribraltar? I think the Brits in Spain should be running in supply issues soon, the US landings look like more dangerous.

I predict that if the Axis turf this intrusion into the sea, and don't immediately collapse in the face of the Soviets in the meantime, they will win. Otherwise they will crumble as the Americans and British overpower the western defenders, and the remaining Axis soldiers will be pinned between the Soviets and the Americans... and slowly crushed.