Never mind the title, although it is a valid question that can likely only be answered after much analysis.
Some friends and I are running a MP game starting on Saturday Feb 11th. I am going to be writing an AAR from the German perspective, but there will also be a good amount of additions coming from the Italian player (Hall) as well as the Japanese player (Skovbjerg).
Version: FtM (3.05) UBYY
Start date: 1936
United Kingdom: Sachaztan & Le Pix
Germany: JDNight & Rorarii
USSR: Pirro de epiro
Nat Spain: Eyvindur
Romania: Red_Ivan (Firefox)
All others: not available
Co-ops: not available
- Major Nations must play historically until 1939 Danzig Event. Minor nations may declare war ONCE before this. It is advisable to discuss these minor wars with nearby major powers first.
- War Goals for minors should be agreed with faction leader first.
- Players are expected to trade openly with others prior to war as long as they can still maintain a healthy surplus in any trade resource.
- Austria is not a playable country, for game balance reasons.
-When Japan wants to declare war on a Major power except Soviet Union, they need to attack USA too. USA can't join Allies or declare war on a country before 1942.
- No Guarantees of Independance, unless by event.
- NAPS are negotiated by Germany and USSR on behalf of their faction members (and future members). Any secret contents of a NAP will be contained in a PM between faction leaders. Any non faction nation not covered in the NAP's secret agreement cannot be DOW without breaking the NAP. If a NAP is broken the other-side can withdraw from the NAP.
- Do not disband units that hopelessly surrounded or otherwise cannot retreat to safety as a means of preserving MP.
- Play to best serve your country, not your faction.
- Don't kill retreating units by Paradrops and don't try to make a country surrender with only paradrops to VPs
- No passive wars just to gain policy bonuses.
- No excessive logistical bombing in and around capital cities.
- Coups are banned.
Games are typically on Saturdays, but we will play occasionally on Sundays. Also, for now we are still looking for anyone who wishes to play any of the spots that are available. For those wishing to join, see this page.
The only thing we ask is that you have at least *some* sense of humor and are not offended when various countries shout out propaganda in the middle of the game!
This game is over. We will be starting a new one after the release of Finest Hour.