• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's the winners etc. We'll put up a discussion thread soon enough so people can have their say about preferred changes/going back to the old voting system etc in that. In general, I'd say the category that has (relatively) disappeared is comedy but then there is a (in my opinion) bit of a lack of comedy AARs that are active on the forum at the moment.

Anyway, first up, I'd like to thank everyone who voted and all the various authors for helping to publicise this round of the ACAs.

So .....

to the winners:

Crusader Kings (1/2):

1 - In the Shadow of Certain Painful Doom by Philo32b (19 votes)
2 - Norse Kings of England by EstonianZulu (11 votes)
3 - A very different England: A Godwin AAR by RossN (10 votes)

EU (1/2/3)

1 - Historic Inevitability of Epic Failure by Prawnstar (20 votes)
2 - Baghdad in the Sky with Diamonds by mayorqw (9 votes)
2 - Descent into Madness by Avindian (9 votes)

HOI (1/2/3)

1 - Carnage al Dente by CptEasy (14 votes)
1 - Last Man and Shilling by Saithis (14 votes)
2 - Germany Tutorial - take 2 by misterbean (7 votes)
2 - Wehrmacht News and World Report by Alfred Packer (7 votes)

Victoria (1/2)

1 - Subcontinental Subtleties by Selzro (17 votes)
2 - Maintain the Monarchy by Brandenburg III (9 votes)
3 - Empire of the Pacific by Fyrmonmon (7 votes)

AGEOD

1 - Once Upon a Time ... The Revolution by Bornego (6 votes)

Other

1 - Vive L'Empereur by Antonine (6 votes)

Congratulations to all the winners and to all who took part.

Congrats to winners and runner-ups. Also to everyone who voted and of course to loki100 for running this first renewed edition of the ACA's!

Congratulations to all of the winners, and definitely big thanks to Loki for running this!

Should be interesting to analyse the results once I have time...

Congratulations to the winners, the participants and loki100 for the new organization!

I miss the categories to be honest. The relatively niche categories are more likely to be overwhelmed by the more popular gameplay AARs. Personally I'd rather see 3 categories; comedy, narrative/history book and gameplay.

Congrats to the winners, and a big thanks to Loki for running it. :)

thanks for running this loki! And thanks to everyone who voted, congrats to all who won and yay because, somehow, I was one of them :blush:

Congratulations to all of the winners, and definitely big thanks to Loki for running this!

Should be interesting to analyse the results once I have time...

I can't wait...I really enjoyed your analysis during the rules modification discussion.

Yes, thank you loki! Many thanks to all the voters, too. And congrats to the winners.

I have a lot of AARs to get to know now. :)

I miss the categories to be honest. The relatively niche categories are more likely to be overwhelmed by the more popular gameplay AARs. Personally I'd rather see 3 categories; comedy, narrative/history book and gameplay.

We'll come back to this with a suggestion thread and try and put some info into that to allow some informed choices. But if we went back to 4 winners (which is what the old system had) in each of the main game categories (Ck/EU/HOI/V) then 4-5 narrative AARs (there are some ties for 4th place) make it onto the list of winners. In truth I think if you fold narrative into History Book (which is in many ways a logical pairing as a lot of AARs straddle the 2), you'd bury narrative AARs completely.

on a 4 winner layout - Valour of the North Star (def Narrative) & Stuff of Kings (poss narrative poss HB) tied for 4th place in the CK category and in Victoria quite a few narratives tied at 4th - So far From God, Laws not Men and Novum Romanum - so that alone might solve the problem.

Congrats to the winners, and a big thanks to Loki for running it. :)

I second this; I never quite understood the separation between narrative and history book anyway (especially since most history books are narratives ;)).

A big thank you to everyone who voted for Vive L'Empereur - it really means a lot to me. And congratulations to all the other winners as I'm really going to enjoy reading all these new AARs.

But mainly, I just wanted to say thanks to the guys who organised all this as I'm sure you don't get thanked enough :)

Just writing to thank everyone who voted for A very different England. Against such stiff competition any votes are an honour. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.