• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KingKenny04

Sergeant
65 Badges
Mar 24, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • King Arthur II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • 500k Club
This might seem like a really unimportant issue, but I'm just curious as to how to form Germany to where it has the Bundesrepublik flag instead of the Imperial Flag? I've seen the AI do it dozens of times, but every time I try to form Germany in a V2 game it always comes out Imperial. Is there something I should be doing differently?

flags are based upon the government type. If you are a monarchy, it'l be imperial. Try being a democracy?
In vanilla HM's Government should work as well.

Go commie and you'll have a cool flag!!!

I think HMS Gov. monarchies can also have the black-red-gold flag, as well as the "republic"s (presidential and bourgeois dictatorships).

how to form Germany to where it has the Bundesrepublik flag instead of the Imperial Flag?

A democratic Germany has the Black-Red-Gold flag. You can form it by the "Crown from the Gutter" event, i.e. if pan-nationalists rebel in some German minor state and offer the Crown to you. You need to be the primary German power to get this offer. So play Prussia, become No 1 in Germany (push back Austria) and hope for the rebellion coming along.

If you follow the historic route to unification (i.e. wars against Denmark, Austria and France) you will get the historic result, the German Empire with Black-White-Red flag.

If you follow the historic route to unification (i.e. wars against Denmark, Austria and France) you will get the historic result, the German Empire with Black-White-Red flag.

But you can ofcourse always enact a lot of reforms and become democracy with bundesrepublik flag anyway, so this path is always immensely better than relying on pan-nationalists.

But you can ofcourse always enact a lot of reforms and become democracy with bundesrepublik flag anyway, so this path is always immensely better than relying on pan-nationalists.

You are right, this way you do not have to pray for pan-nationalist rebels. But to enact all those necessary reforms, you either need a good load of liberals in your upper house (who are pro-reforms) or a high militancy so your conservatives will become pro-reforms, too.

Of course, one could always just turn Germany into whatever political system wanted by triggering the necessary event ;)

You are right, this way you do not have to pray for pan-nationalist rebels. But to enact all those necessary reforms, you either need a good load of liberals in your upper house (who are pro-reforms) or a high militancy so your conservatives will become pro-reforms, too.

Of course, one could always just turn Germany into whatever political system wanted by triggering the necessary event ;)

You can either lose wargoals or spam elections or just normally chose events that increase militancy, and be extra carefull you don't increase conciousness of your people as it helps exactly nothing. Then you'll be swimming in liberals and reform posibillities