• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This bill would bring nought but war, rebellion and trouble if passed. I must therefore object most strongly.

I also Oppose this bill. While Equality for all is a good thing your proposing Attacking the Russians to gain the rest of the Polish Speaking Lands. Such an course of action is far too risky to be undertaken. Germany would be attacked from Both sides as France would Inevitably come to the Russians Aid.

I also Oppose this bill. While Equality for all is a good thing your proposing Attacking the Russians to gain the rest of the Polish Speaking Lands. Such an course of action is far too risky to be undertaken. Germany would be attacked from Both sides as France would Inevitably come to the Russians Aid.

Where in the bill do I suggest war with any nation? I simply think that the best solution for the Polish people is under German rule and that they should be united. I hope a peaceful agreement can be negotiated.

Where in the bill do I suggest war with any nation? I simply think that the best solution for the Polish people is under German rule and that they should be united. I hope a peaceful agreement can be negotiated.

When you suggest that the Germans Empire should make it's primary goal to unite Polish People. Many live in the Russian Empire and such a goal is likely to Increase tension with the Russians resulting eventually in a war over those territories. The Russians are not so weak that we can force them to give up lands which they have owned for almost a hundred years.

In addition to inciting war against Russia over its polish lands, I must also note that such a bill would bring us into conflict with our ally, the Austro-Hungarian Empire. This drive towards war and placing claims on our rivals is what makes this proposed bill so exceedingly objectionable.

With the exception of the first provision, I find this bill to be complete and utter nonsense. Why on earth would Germany risk war with Austria-Hungary, one of our closest friends and allies, and the Russians for the sake of some Poles?

Furthermore, the idea of a Polish "dominion" is rubbish. Poles under German rule are as much German citizens as the rest of us, and while I do agree that they should accordingly be allowed the same rights, creating a Polish "dominion" would be as senseless as creating a Rhenish dominion.

This law is utterly unacceptable. The lands inhabited by Polish people in our great Empire are also home to millions of Germans. The poles in these lands, as everywhere in Germany are of equals to the Germans, which is already shown by the possibility of representing themselves in our Parliament.
Doing such a thing would, as many others already said, cause an international crisis, which is unnecessary. We will not afford losing our international status for this.

Name: Theodor von Fabeck
Political affiliation: National Liberal Party
Biography: Belonging to the left wing of the NLP, Von Fabeck didn't join the FVP only for his pan-German foreign policy and desire to see the union of German-speaking Austrian lands with Germany. Born in Stuttgart in 1860, Herr Von Fabeck is loosely related to prominent military families and the royal family of Württemberg. Born in a protestant family and member of Württemberg's upper bourgeoisie, Von Fabeck represents a rich constituency in central Württemberg, traditionally a NLP stronghold. Von Fabeck served in the 2nd Württemberg Dragoons Regiment until his retirement in 1905. Ever since his retirement from politics, he has centred his attention in the family's businesses and political activity. Despite his liberal attitudes, Von Fabeck is a close friend of Württemberg's Minister-President, Karl von Weizsäcker and other members of the prominent Weizsäcker family.

OOC: I'm gonna try to play Von Feck as close to the German 1910s mindset as possible, that is, partially racist, especially towards Slavs and as a defender of laissez-faire economics, Von Fabeck will not care much about the less privileged members of society or as a member of the officer corps, for defeatists. But ofc, this does not represent my RL views.

I have come to propose this bill to the Reichstag.

German Naval Bill of 1912

- The immediate modernization of the navy, with the decomissioning and sale of all pre-1900 ships and 15 of our pre-dreadnoughts in the next few years in order to help raise funds to the program whiout compromising the financial situation of the Reich.

- 2 new Dreadnoughts (of the new Bayern-class) will be ordered this year, and 2 more ordered next year. After completion of those and of ships currently being built, we will have a total of 21 dreadnoughts in service.

- 8 new Battlecruisers will be ordered over the next years, with them the German Navy will have 15 Battlecruisers in service.

- With the decomissioning of 11 pre-1900 light cruisers, we will have a total of 23 light cruisers in service, with 2 being added to the navy by 1915, bringing us to a total of 25 light cruisers, 20 new light cruisers will be ordered in order to bring our numbers up to 45.
With this bill the navy will be a more efficient force with the lowest costs possible, thanks to the lack of need to maintain our older, but costly, ships.

Futhermore, in order to pay for the new ships of the German navy i have come up with the proposal of decomissioning and selling many of our older ships, especially most of our pre-dreadnoughts, that will in time be replaced by more powerful and modern ships, with a minimum impact on our current treasury thanks to the sale of the older ships.
For this, i have taken the liberty of contacting the governments of other countries about the possible purchase of our ships, and have suceeded in finding a government willing to pay a fair price for some of our ships...
The Brazilian government has expressed interest in purchasing 15 of our pre-dreadnoughts for the price of 2 million dollars each, totalling 30 million dollars for all 15. This is, i believe, a very good offer and much superior to the other offers we have received, i hope that you all will agree with me.

I ask to all members of the reichstag to support the bill and my proposal of selling 15 of our ships to the Brazilians.

I wholeheartedly support this bill. Our navy is composed of a fair amount of decrepit ships that costs the Reich millions of marks each year. Scrapping or selling these older ships will not only free up existing crewmembers to be stationed on newer ships, but it will lower overall maintenance costs so as to balance our budget and spend this money on further expenditures, whether for the navy or not.

The Deutschkonservative Partei supports this bill in the Reichstag.

~ V. Chancellor von Weiss

I add my support to this Bill as well. Having numerous ships does not necesarily give a good navy, when those vessels are old and outdated. In light of recent year's naval development, it is most sensible that these ships are sold, in order to generate the resources for the Navy's modernization, maintaining our nation's strength and whitout disturbing the budget.

The Progressive People's Party supports this bill.

Minister A. R. Frahm

A Brilliant Idea. Ship Building brings good jobs to hard working Germans and The sale of old SHips ensure this building spree will have minimal effect on Other Programs being considered by the Government.

Though the Rest of My party may think Differently you have my support.

Hermann Schmidt

I wholeheartedly support this bill, which will modernize our navy and make it much more efficient, as well as improve His Majesty's and Germany's prestige abroad.

-Colonial Minister Eric Thaumen

Last edited:
Coalition Government Doomed for Failure?

As the current Reichstag Government closes the year of 1913, we are vastly surprised at the lack of a Federal Budget. While the Parliament was mostly deadlocked, with little legislation being passed, a Federal Budget was not passed, or even drafted. Many Germans, who don't see this new government, flock to support the Social Democratic Party, which had been offering ideas for the Budget, while the Zentrum-lead Coalition deals with building more ships for the Kaiser. Public Opinion is turning against the current Government. The lack of a budget, the first time such a thing has happened in the German Empire's history, will surly cause expenses to ramp out of control, as the military demands more and more resources daily. We here at the Berlin Times feel that the current Government's days are numbered, and we solidly endorse the Social Democratic Party to create a new Government.

OOC: The SDP can suck it.

"Is there any reason as to why the Minister of the Treasury has not analyzed the annual budget and submitted it before the Reichstag? It is disturbing to realize that some men may not be performing their jobs, no matter the cause."

~ V. Chancellor von Weiss

4 January 1913

Do you approve of the Chancellor and his Government?
67% NO
21% YES
12% Undecided/Not Answered

What Political Party will you vote for if the election was held today?
32% Social Democratic Party
19% Centre Party
13% Others
11% Progressive People's Party
09% German Reich Party
07% German Conservative Party
05% National Liberal Party
04% Undecided/Not Answered

How favourable do you view the Chancellor?
56% Unfavourable
38% Favourable
06% Undecided/Not Answered

What issue matters the most to you?
43% Economy
24% Krupp Industries
16% Foreign Threats
15% Army
01% Naval Buildup
01% Colonial Expansion